Creation -v- Evolution: For The Young People

No, I don't blame the Lord either. I'm just thinking that when the world was created, the Lord God saw that it was very good. Gen 1:31.
My understanding of very good means that it conformed exactly to His purposes, not that there was no tectonic plate movement etc.etc.
If that is true, then mankind has quite a crust thinking he can bring it all undone.

The Lord created the Earth with the capability of sustaining life, even life that is multiplied to fill it. Neither the fall nor the flood changed the basic capabilities of the Earth to sustain a filling by life Gen 9:1. And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. Isn't that pretty much what Adam Eve were told to do before the fall?...before the flood?... Well to fill rather than to replenish, but the math is still the same.

Isa 46:9,10,11. 9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: 11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
Either way, as I see it, so called global warming (by mankind's endeavors) is not part of the revealed purposes of the Lord.

Someone once told me that the weather patterns are cyclical because the earth sits on an axis and every 60 years it changes an thus, so does the weather. Heard of this Calv?

How old was Adam when he was created?

That is a thought provoking question!

He lived to be 930 years old so wouldn't that make him 1 day old when created. Although God created him with age, of what age we can only speculate. Adult in appearance, yes but in reality, .........

So...conveniently...God used a lot of the safe stuff for some species, but only a little of the same stuff for others (e.g., our relationship to chimps at the level of DNA is staggeringly high...less so for lemurs, the most distantly related primates to humans).

What's absurd about this argument is that it is so human-centric. Because when you look across the species, the relationships are just entirely obvious, and the process of mutations, etc. can be studied in the lab.

Guess the flying spaghetti monster folks might have it right if this is the alternative.

This smacks of "flying spaghetti monster" reasoning. There are good reasons why God may have used similar building blocks in different species other than ridiculous ones such as lack of imagination or saving resources. One of which is that that consistency enables us to more easily pursue disciplines such as medicine and chemical engineering. This would be for our benefit; a condescencion, if you will, to our human limitations. Matter is comprised of the same basic particles and subatomic particles, does that suggest a dullness in Divine creativity?

Evolution is most certainly one of the pillars of science....say...biology? The ignorance and fear regarding science on this board are beyond staggering. And people seem so preoccupied with fossils as though that is the only type of proof available regarding evolution. How utterly insane and wrong...

I think people need to come to a nuanced view about science and religion. Perhaps religion needs some flexibility to incorporate advances in science.

At the end of the day, as I said, Christianity is faith-based, not evidence based. Science is the exact opposite.

You have not answered how evolution and Christianity are compatible. Evolution is not a foundation of science, seriously :rolleyes:, where did you get that?

Gravity is no more or less of a "theory" than evolution. You can test that too if you like. Funny, both seem to make predictions about relationships that are empirically verified.

Science is not the enemy...ignorance is the enemy.

^Lil Woofer

I'm sorry, but you have it wrong. Christianity is a relationship with God. Evolution is a theory. Hence, the "Theory of Evolution."

Read the latest issue of Science and you'll see that there is a lot more to global warming than is being given credit on these boards. It isn't bunk, it's real, and it is alarming.

It is my understanding that there is a slight warming-more attributed to solar activity than anything else-but no where near the 'death crisis caused by humans' as the propaganda states.

So...conveniently...God used a lot of the safe stuff for some species, but only a little of the same stuff for others (e.g., our relationship to chimps at the level of DNA is staggeringly high...less so for lemurs, the most distantly related primates to humans).

What's absurd about this argument is that it is so human-centric. Because when you look across the species, the relationships are just entirely obvious, and the process of mutations, etc. can be studied in the lab.

Guess the flying spaghetti monster folks might have it right if this is the alternative.
There are stricking similarities between a Volkswagon and a BMW, not so much with a gas oven

You know I've seen people that resemble their pets or other animals- I bet some people evolved from canine kind and some from feline kind and some from equine kind. According to the evolution 'tree' all these should be possible. Why do we always talk about monkeys? Of course my theory is just ridiculous I'm sure....

And you know something else dolphin and starfish DNA are pretty close to human kind too...guess they just haven't evolved enough. Poor things. Let's genetically mutate them to help the process-sure some will die needlessly-but you know-all for the "greater good" as they say....

By the way the CDC (Center for Disease Control-an official US Gubment operation) just put out more emerging info on the 'superbug' that nothing can kill...just an interesting tidbit to note the upcoming biological warfare happening around the world using 'evolutionary' science.

Don't know why that came to mind...

FYI, I reported you. Go somewhere else where they are accepting of demeaning comments. Perhaps you should "think deeply" about how to tactfully argue.
Dob in an atheist...why not(y):) This is supposed to be Christian forum anyway:confused:
A few posts in this here thread read like those of the dearly departed Xian Pugilist :sneaky: ...... I wonder.

Dob in an atheist...why not(y):) This is supposed to be Christian forum anyway:confused:
A few posts in this here thread read like those of the dearly departed Xian Pugilist :sneaky: ...... I wonder.

Before I get deemed a pinhead by Mr. Lone Wolf, could you please explain what you mean by "Dob in an athiest" Dob=???

I'm sitting here going through all the acronyms I know and can't figure it out, Calv.

Sorry:) simplest definition would be 'report' It is just shorthand.
You need to come up here to the land of OZ for a few years to learn the language:)
See, 'pin head' what does that mean? sharp as a tack?

Sorry:) simplest definition would be 'report' It is just shorthand.
You need to come up here to the land of OZ for a few years to learn the language:)
See, 'pin head' what does that mean? sharp as a tack?

Ahhh, gotcha ;) Pin head is slang for stupid, foolish, ignorant, etc...

Mr. Lone Wolf is apparently a female, 73 and "...eventually moved to a high rise in new york city." She "...moved on up"
Reminds me of "The Jeffersons". Did you ever watch that show?

My apologies for digressing from the OP. Makes me *shake* off that comment before I get too :mad:.

Back