Creation -v- Evolution: For The Young People

Evolution is about much more than origins. It is one of the foundations of science. It has tremendous explanatory power. Christianity is about faith. It will never be proven in the scientific sense. There is a leap of faith that is involved (as is true of all religions).
You have not answered how evolution and Christianity are compatible. Evolution is not a foundation of science, seriously :rolleyes:, where did you get that?

True science existed long before the religion of evolution was founded
The true scientists started with nothing but faith in the Great Lord. They based their inquiries on the fact that the universe is an ordered place, that the governing laws were immutable. There was no randomness in the creation they observed and set out to understand. They believed Romans 1-20. That was their starting point.
But because atheist are hell bent on living in the dark, the ruler of this world keeps them happily deluded.

Christianity is a religion. Evolution is an organizing principle of science. Have all species evolved, including humans? Absolutely. It astounds me that there still exist people who don't believe that, after an unbelievable amount of evidence...not just in the fossil record, but in extant, living species!

You can stick your head in the sand and deny it, but why?
There is not the 'overwhelming' evidence. The sciences which advocate evolution assume it going in and twist the data to support the theory.

The fossil record is not really evidence as there is another explanation which fits the data far better, the Flood in Genesis.

BTW my head is not in the sand. I AM a scientist, actually an engineer.

Yes us silly 'Christians' who pursue things like "Computer Science", "Chemical Engineering", medical fields that include biology and anatomy must be insane for not believing that evolution happened. A "theory" is exactly that-and you cannot prove that any part of the human body 'evolved' from something else or another organism.

You can continue to pile theory on top of theory-but it is still just a "theory". Theories that 'support' another theory DO NOT create a 'fact' although that is what evolutionists want us to believe. This is the deception-take a little truth and make up the rest.

The fact is this-we exist. The scientific questions would be: 'how' or 'why' do we exist-what made us exist, when did we come into existence, where did our matter come from? All evolution offers is a bunch of 'human thinking' and conjecture.

As a "theory" evolution offers many answers; as "scientific fact" evolution falls very short of answering any questions and only creates more questions. Eventually, you would think the pursuit of the theory would offer up concrete evidence; but in nearly 200 years it hasn't. Yet the 'scientific' community and education goons continue to spend TRILLIONS of dollars annually on the pursuit of it to disprove the existence of God. Why is that?

Here's my theory: the world run by the Anti-Christ ideology wants to see people go to Hell. What better way to do that than by denying the existence of God?

Evolution theory (as it pertains to origin): we are all just a happy accident under the right circumstances...

Natural Selection and "survival of the fittest" are elitist tools to justify genocide, racism & eugenics.

But I am just a silly ignorant Christian after all. Sorry-my passion runs a little high on this one-my apologies.

There is not the 'overwhelming' evidence. The sciences which advocate evolution assume it going in and twist the data to support the theory.

The fossil record is not really evidence as there is another explanation which fits the data far better, the Flood in Genesis.

BTW my head is not in the sand. I AM a scientist, actually an engineer.

Actually, I find this whole discussion rather amusing but not at all in a pleasant way....not in a way that that one would immediately assume.
A short time ago the powers that be removed (in entirety) an apologetics board.....not just an isolated thread topic, but an entire board with several topic threads.
And now, here we all are posting in an apologetics type thread topic :confused:............Mommy says "Don't do that Johnny" Johnny says "why Mommy?" Mommy says "because I said so"........Johnny.....:confused::confused:

The following quotes with "*" are from non-Christians and actual scientists or authorities on science:

“The evolutionary establishment fears creation science because evolution itself crumbles when challenged by evidence. In the 1970s and 1980s, hundreds of public debates were arranged between evolutionary scientists and creation scientists. The latter scored resounding victories, with the result that, today, few evolutionists will debate. Isaac Asimov, Stephen Jay Gould, and the late Carl Sagan, while highly critical of creationism, all declined to debate.”—James Perloff, Tornado in a Junkyard (1999), p. 241.

“It was because Darwinian theory broke man’s link with God and set him adrift in a cosmos without purpose or end that its impact was so fundamental. No other intellectual revolution in modern times . . so profoundly affected the way men viewed themselves and their place in the universe.”—*Michael Denton, Evolution: A Theory in Crisis (1985), p. 67 [Australian molecular biologist].

“Unfortunately, in the field of evolution most explanations are not good. As a matter of fact, they hardly qualify as explanations at all; they are suggestions, hunches, pipe dreams, hardly worthy of being called hypotheses.”—*Norman Macbeth, Darwin Retried (1971), p. 147.

“No one has ever found an organism that is known not to have parents, or a parent. This is the [sadly] strongest evidence on behalf of evolution.”—*Tom Bethell, “Agnostic Evolutionists,” Harper’s, February 1985, p. 61.

“As by this theory, innumerable transitional forms must have existed. Why do we not find them embedded in the crust of the earth? Why is not all nature in confusion instead of being, as we see them, well-defined species?”—*Charles Darwin (1866), quoted in H. Enoch, Evolution or Creation, p. 139.

“Scientists have no proof that life was not the result of an act of creation.”—*Robert Jastrow, The Enchanted Loom: Mind in the Universe (1981), p. 19 [a leading astronomer].

“Evolution became in a sense a scientific religion; almost all scientists have accepted it and many are prepared to bend their observations to fit in with it.”—*H. Lipson, “A Physicist Looks at Evolution,” Physics Bulletin 31 (1980), p. 138.

I think I might be in love you Brother Rusty.....:love:

Well...heheh...I'm glad to hear that.

A few years back I studied this whole matter, bought heaps of books and materials. Before I was a Christian I was active in mineralogy, fossicking , and geology. My interests include the fossil record from Morocco, Germany and NZ in fieldwork.

So...I can't say I'm an armchair quarterback.

I am guessing you then have seen the many discrepancies that negate evolution in the infamous 'geological column'? I am fascinated with the petrified trees through multiple layers of the columns supposedly 'trillions' of years old. Ever see the case study done after the Mt St Helens eruption in the 1980's? What a faith builder...

I really don't care how the media projects it: I have scientist friends (a famed Antarctic vulcanologist among them ) that assure me that things are warming up, especially in the northern hemisphere.

It is my understanding that there is a slight warming-more attributed to solar activity than anything else-but no where near the 'death crisis caused by humans' as the propaganda states.

Rusty posted
Well...It's not like heavy industrialization has NO effect. Deforestation is also a major factor.
So are angels with vials: Rev 16:8,9.
8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
Is it happening now? Who knows? But one thing is for sure, then as now, mankind will not repent.
I wouldn't want to argue that blaspheming God wouldn't include boasting responsibility for those things coming our way from God.
If Global warming is a fact, and if we want to take credit for it, we 'd better be sure that the buck does indeed stop with us and the Lord is just passively watching.......which idea I'm not inclined to embrace.

“As by this theory, innumerable transitional forms must have existed. Why do we not find them embedded in the crust of the earth? Why is not all nature in confusion instead of being, as we see them, well-defined species?”—*Charles Darwin (1866), quoted in H. Enoch, Evolution or Creation, p. 139.
This is my chief argument too. Where are all the missing links? There 5040 combinations with just 7 numbers :). How far removed are we from lizards?

Never mind lizards KJ, if life started as a primitive simple one celled thing floating around in nutrient soup, we are cousins to trees too. Maybe that is why we have some tree huggers out there:rolleyes::)

Back