Creation -v- Evolution: For The Young People

Ok I have to ask this, is science really out there to get you. Are most scientists really licking there lips and rubbing there hands after they find something about the world or universe that christians find contradictive to there written word.

Science itself is a noble Godly endeavor for human knowledge.

Unfortunately, it has become Anti-Christ/ Anti-God.

ever checked out icr.org?

SOOOO many of my friends have said that "Evolution has totally been proven!" They say it with SO much conviction I almost want to laugh. Then I ask, where is the proof???!!! Evolution cannot explain how the entire universe and world was created. There are only theories and current hypotheses.
If it were totally proven, it would be the law of evolution.(see gravity, thermodynamics, laws of)

It's the way they say it, with total conviction. Those who don't know better begin to believe it. A scientist said it was true, so it must be.

And yes, evolution says NOTHING about the creation. Scientists even admit this. But many of the theories about how the universe started assume evolution.

I took an Anthropology class at a time when I was not Christian. I remember sitting in this class thinking everything about evolution and homo sapians were bogus. Nothing convinced me, and again, I was very anti religion at that point. I don't even see how unbelievers can fully follow the theory of evolution.

Science itself is a noble Godly endeavor for human knowledge.

Unfortunately, it has become Anti-Christ/ Anti-God.

ever checked out icr.org?

Somewhat agreed. It has taken a turn to defend evolution and refute Christianity. However, there are Christian scientists who are well known and defend creationism.

This seems like a one way, closed debate. I thought it was about both theorys and yes creation is a theory to, since it has yet to be proven just like eviloution.

This seems like a one way, closed debate. I thought it was about both theorys and yes creation is a theory to, since it has yet to be proven just like eviloution.
There's one problem with science proving evolution or creation. We weren't there to observe it. The only first hand observation appears in Genesis 1

The most salient point that is always ignored in these debates is "what is science?".
For anything to be "scientifically" studied/known/commented on that phenomenon
must be OBSERVABLE and REPEATABLE.

That leaves out anything that has to do with creation or dealings with the spirit realm.
So, Creation happened, but nobody with a lab coat, pencil, and notepad was there to observe,
and we certainly can't repeat it.

Well thats not logical, if creation is 6000 years old then creation scientist should show that data. If dinosours lived with man then creation scientist should show that data. If the moon was made a few days after the earth then moon rocks tested by creation scientist should show that data.

I think you missed the point of my post.

What is a "creation scientist'? If you mean a scientist who believes in Creationism then say so.

There is no evidence whatsoever that any man ever saw or interacted with any dinosaur.
But as many would argue "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".
For example, out west is a grove of Aspen trees apparently 75,000+ years old.
The argument you will get from the Creationists is that the grove was created that old.
Which is a perfectly valid argument if you take the young Earth point of view seriously.
And pure bunkus if you don't.

Anyway before I get silly and say something to get me banned. I cheerfully withdrawl from this race. And please if some one else posts in this thread that eviloution sound super. Don't be like me and not listen.

I believe that God created the world but I am not a 'creationist' as defined by Young Earth Creationists. There are a lot of foolish statements made in the heat of 'battle.' Long before the evolution debate, John Calvin made some wise comments on the Genesis text. See at the end of this short piece:
http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/in-the-beginning/

Christians need to do more studying the Scripture and less speculating about the science.

I thought we are supposed to take the bible exactly for what it is. Some Christians don't I suppose. If I take it as literal, it states that creationism is how everything came about. I know some Christians who believe in evolution or a hybrid of the two. I don't get it.

Anyway before I get silly and say something to get me banned. I cheerfully withdrawl from this race. And please if some one else posts in this thread that eviloution sound super. Don't be like me and not listen.

I'm willing to listen to your argument if you believe in evolution. I honestly promise to have an open mind. Prove to me why evolution exists or why you think it may.

I thought we are supposed to take the bible exactly for what it is. Some Christians don't I suppose. If I take it as literal, it states that creationism is how everything came about. I know some Christians who believe in evolution or a hybrid of the two. I don't get it.
The truth is, nobody believes in evolution! If your father is the devil, you entertain any anti-God dogma. Watch people in the day the anti-christ reveals himself. All the atheists will be the first to get his mark. Their atheism will go out the window. Holding the unGodly to any belief is a joke. They change like the weather.

Christians know that God can do anything, so I would say Christians can accept that God can create us via evolution. But then at what stage did man become accountable for their actions needing a Saviour? :) Christianity and evolution just don't gel at any level.

Back