Struggling Christian, Begging For Mercy. Please...please Help Me

Jesus was saying YOUR LOVE is what will gain you your salvation ..
It is not your love, it is the love of Jesus that saves. We love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19)
Without Christ's love in us the human heart is wicked. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure" (Jeremiah 17:9).

It is not your love, it is the love of Jesus that saves. We love because he first loved us (1 John 4:19)
Without Christ's love in us the human heart is wicked. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure" (Jeremiah 17:9).
You for sure have great wealth Olivia:)

Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

I think you may need to add the two of them together to get the correct answer ..

as well as your is an assumption "you can know" whereas I posted 20 verses by ALL the Apostles saying it is a "HOPE" .. ok just ignore them ..

I'm not adding or changing God's word. He chose those phrases as is.

as He did this one ..
Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,
What obedience is spoken of through out the book of Hebrews? Not to the law, not to religious codes or rules, but the obedience of faith. That is the whole point of the book "the law is not of faith"

Heb 3:18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

What obedience is spoken of through out the book of Hebrews? Not to the law, not to religious codes or rules, but the obedience of faith. That is the whole point of the book "the law is not of faith"

Heb 3:18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey?

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

I think that is a BIG problem .. BELIEF incorporates obedience ..
this like the branches that bore no fruit were burned .. so their BELIEF was not ENTIRE ..

Romans 14:23 "whatever is not from faith is sin." Works without faith is sin.

there Paul is talking about the Law of Moses (which Paul mainly does)
however .. here James is talking about the Law of Christ ..

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

as I said .. many have a difficult time distinguishing to which is being addressed ..

I look for no reward .. I do what I do because I DO LOVE GOD above anything or body in my life ..
Remember that Peter made such a boast, and he failed the test. But John boasted in Jesus love for him, and he stood strong in the time of testing. Also consider that John wrote, if we say we love God, (first commandment) we prove that when we love others.

Romans 14:23 "whatever is not from faith is sin." Works without faith is sin.
Faith in the Spirit of God is not I will have faith in this or I will have faith in that. When in God's Spirit, God's faith works through you. When in God's Spirit, you work from God's mind (we have the mind of Christ 1 Co 2:16), which is given to us at salvation. We do works, because God's Spirit compels us, not because we have to for our salvation. We are already one with Christ, he in us and we in him and we are part of his body working from His Spirit.

Wow you guys are unreal.

But you must be a beleiver that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.

indeed .. if I gain salvation when all is said and done .. that is a reward that I do not deserve .. no matter how compliant to the Law of Christ I am ..

Remember that Peter made such a boast, and he failed the test. But John boasted in Jesus love for him, and he stood strong in the time of testing. Also consider that John wrote, if we say we love God, (first commandment) we prove that when we love others.

not a boast .. why do you twist things ???

Back