Struggling Christian, Begging For Mercy. Please...please Help Me

Mar 10:19
“You know the commandments, ‘DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'”

At least I know the Ten Commandments are part of the law of Moses. lol

at least I know the 10 Commandments which Jesus said to keep when answering the guys question of how to obtain salvation is NOT part of the Law of Moses ..

Mar 10:19
“You know the commandments, ‘DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'”
Ga 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

at least I know the 10 Commandments which Jesus said to keep when answering the guys question of how to obtain salvation is NOT part of the Law of Moses ..
So salvation is not by grace through faith in Christ, but by keeping the Ten Commandments? Then what do you do with these many scriptures that prove your wrong in what you think? Just ignore them?

Ro 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

So salvation is not by grace through faith in Christ, but by keeping the Ten Commandments?

salvation COMES by Grace (mercy) but is obtained by belief repentance and obedience .. HENCE JESUS' PARABLE OF CUTTING OFF THE BRANCHES AND BURNING THEM THAT DO NOT PRODUCE FRUIT ..

Let's look at the whole scripture on that.

17As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

18“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone. (Only God is good. Do you think that he didn't know what commandments this person kept?)

You know the commandments: ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and mother.’d

20“Teacher,” he declared, “all these I have kept since I was a boy.”

21Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” Have you done this ixoxe_8? According to your theory you should be worried.

22At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!”

24The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it ise to enter the kingdom of God! 25It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

26The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, “Who then can be saved?”

27Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” It is impossible for man to save himself, even if he has kept all the commands. Remember we are born with a sin nature. It is only by Christ's work that we can be saved?

Ro 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

see dude .. you keep going back to the law of Moses ..
can you not understand the "works of the Law of Christ" and the 10 Commandments are separate ???

Jesus signed off on Love God with All as well ... so Paul is not being complete ..
Oh so Paul is wrong? Ok I better not try to understand through Pauls gospel, but just assume that Paul did not understand? No, that's not how it works, we have the whole of Pauls report to put in context and understand what the Lord was saying. We have had this discussion before and you seemed to agree? Have you now decided that Paul and the Lord where saying two different things?

salvation COMES by Grace (mercy) but is obtained by belief repentance and obedience .. HENCE JESUS' PARABLE OF CUTTING OFF THE BRANCHES AND BURNING THEM THAT DO NOT PRODUCE FRUIT ..
I doubt you have sold all you have to give to the poor like Mark 10:24 says. You are then disobeying God's direct command. Do you think you are in danger of eternal fire?

I haven't sold everything, but if God tells me to give to the poor, I do because his Holy Spirit tells me and gives me love for the person, not because I have to to stay saved.

Again those who are under the law are in the flesh and cannot produce the "fruit" of the Spirit.
Thus they are those who are "cut-off"

Ga 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

21Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” Have you done this ixoxe_8? According to your theory you should be worried.

you do NOT understand it .. Jesus was asking CAN YOU PUT ME FIRST IN YOUR LIFE ??? .. JESUS KNEW IT WAS SOMETHING HE VALUED ..

ITS NOT MONEY TO ALL .. EACH HAS VALUES DIFFERENT .. THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO LOVE WITH ALL .. NO HOLDS BARRED .. UNDERSTAND ???

I doubt you have sold all you have to give to the poor like Mark 10:24 says. You are then disobeying God's direct command. Do you think you are in danger of eternal fire?

I haven't sold everything, but if God tells me to give to the poor, I do because his Holy Spirit tells me and gives me love for the person, not because I have to to stay saved.

if God told you to sell everything would you ???

I give to the poor every chance I get .. because He already said to ..

Yes what the Lord was trying to show this man was if fact He was not able to keep the commandments of the law. He put his wealth above following God, he was in the sin of covetousness. That it is the purpose of the law, to make all guilty and the Lord was using it not to justify but to show this man his sin.

you do NOT understand it .. Jesus was asking CAN YOU PUT ME FIRST IN YOUR LIFE ??? .. JESUS KNEW IT WAS SOMETHING HE VALUED ..

ITS NOT MONEY TO ALL .. EACH HAS VALUES DIFFERENT .. THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO LOVE WITH ALL .. NO HOLDS BARRED .. UNDERSTAND ???
Yes, I fully understand and agree that Jesus was saying give your whole self, but I was doing the exact same thing you did (to show a point) with that part of the scripture, you were quoting that Jesus was literal about the man fulfilling the commandments, when he was using the commandments to show that the man couldn't work his way into salvation.

most likely you live off more money a week then I do a month ..
actually, I know very few who don't ..

Last edited:
Yes, I fully understand and agree that Jesus was saying give your whole self, but I was doing the exact same thing you did (to show a point) with that part of the scripture, you were quoting that Jesus was literal about the man fulfilling the commandments, when he was using the commandments to show that the man couldn't work his way into salvation.

Jesus was saying YOUR LOVE is what will gain you your salvation ..
and as He said IF YOU ENDURE TO THE END in that love .. YOU WILL GAIN IT ..

Wow I can see this "no holds barred" love just pouring out of you.

Back