Struggling Christian, Begging For Mercy. Please...please Help Me

not relevant .. these are believers PROPHESYING, CASTING OUT DEMONS (which Jesus says satan does not cast out satan) and MIRACLES .. IN HIS NAME ..

apples to stones ..
even IF these things did NOT come from the power of God, these THOUGHT it was ..
as their belief is evident .. so where was their guarantee of salvation as believers ???

or where is the "guarantee" in these verses ???

Luk 9:62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Hbr 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Hbr 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Hbr 6:6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

2Pe 2:21 For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them.

Last edited:
not relevant .. these are believers PROPHESYING, CASTING OUT DEMONS (which Jesus says satan does not cast out satan) and MIRACLES .. IN HIS NAME ..

apples to stones ..

So then what is your explanation of "I never knew you"

“Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you (Matthew 12:25-28).

Jesus was declaring that he was not casting out demons by Satan. He then goes on to say, "by whom do your people drive them out?" (Matthew 12:27). Jesus is talking to the Pharisees, yet saying by whom do your people drive them out? and saying they will be your judges. How could the Pharisees be driving demons out? He was obviously speaking about unbelieving Pharisees.

Do you think this verse is showing a false driving out of demons in God's name or that the Pharisees who didn't believe were actually driving out demons?

even IF these things did NOT come from the power of God, these THOUGHT it was ..
as their belief is evident .. so where was their guarantee of salvation as believers ???

or where is the "guarantee" in these verses ???

But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Hbr 6:4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,
Hbr 6:5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,
Hbr 6:6 and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

u>For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them.
If someone believes they are saved, but does not have faith that they are saved then they are not. I can ask a hundred people on the street if they are going to heaven when they die? Some don't believe at all, some will say yes, I am a good person, some will say yes because I believe in Jesus and went to church my whole life and I always follow the commandments. Some will say yes because they by faith believed that Jesus died to pay for all (every single one) of their sins and that when Jesus rose they became a new creation in him by faith.

The guarantee of the Holy Spirit is there when true faith by a person causes true salvation.

What do you think that this verse means?:
"to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. 13In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

but they believed .. prophecy, cast out demons and miracles in HIS NAME ..
where is the guarantee ???
Here is the answer you may not want to hear?

Ga 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain--if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? --

Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Only those who turn to self-righteousness are in danger of being "cut-off" In grace all the promises are sure.

thus Jesus' sacrifice for ALL/ANY sins, is not applied to those for that reason ..
(failure to love God with ALL) .. hence their rejection ..

Ga 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain--if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? --

Ga 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Only those who turn to self-righteousness are in danger of being "cut-off" In grace all the promises are sure.
This is not the first time Mitspa has given you these verses, but I haven't seen a direct answer by you to them. ixoxo_8 will you please answer the meaning of these verses directly.

So then what is your explanation of "I never knew you"

Do you think this verse is showing a false driving out of demons in God's name or that the Pharisees who didn't believe were actually driving out demons?

I gave you my take .. you can KNOW someone .. yet not really KNOW them ..
Jesus DOES not say He does not Kwow WHO they are (obviously) ..
but as you said, "they never belonged" by WHO they were in their hearts ..

no ..
If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?
this is saying it doesn't work like that ..
otherwise if Jesus drove out demons by satan .. then so did they ..

Romans 10:9 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:10 (KJV) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It's a heart matter, not a head matter. Many "believe" but that's in their heads. God's interested in the heart. This scripture says you can KNOW.

If someone believes they are saved, but does not have faith that they are saved then they are not.

if someone believes they are saved .. then they delude themselves ..
IF you ARE obeying God .. then your salvation is like credit and you CAN be confident as long as you do not default ..

I can ask a hundred people on the street if they are going to heaven when they die? Some don't believe at all, some will say yes, I am a good person, some will say yes because I believe in Jesus and went to church my whole life and I always follow the commandments. Some will say yes because they by faith believed that Jesus died to pay for all (every single one) of their sins and that when Jesus rose they became a new creation in him by faith.

that is silly .. Jesus says WE must be born-again or WE will perish ..

The guarantee of the Holy Spirit is there when true faith by a person causes true salvation.

God's promise is to those who ENDURE TO THE END (as He said) ..

What do you think that this verse means?:
"to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory. 13In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

just what it says .. upon belief AND obedience we receive the HS .. yet verses (like Hebrews I enumerated) show you can lose it .. as also blotting OUT from the Book of Life does as well ..

here is the answer you may not want to hear ..
all you who think there is some kind of guarantee base your assumptions on the same pseudo-belief .. that being the works of the Law of Christ, and the works of the Law of Moses are the same thing .. THEY ARE NOT ..

Romans 10:9 (KJV) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:10 (KJV) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It's a heart matter, not a head matter. Many "believe" but that's in their heads. God's interested in the heart. This scripture says you can KNOW.
Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

I think you may need to add the two of them together to get the correct answer ..

as well as your is an assumption "you can know" whereas I posted 20 verses by ALL the Apostles saying it is a "HOPE" .. ok just ignore them ..

Last edited:
I gave you my take .. you can KNOW someone .. yet not really KNOW them ..
Jesus DOES not say He does not Kwow WHO they are (obviously) ..
but as you said, "they never belonged" by WHO they were in their hearts ..

no ..
26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?
this is saying it doesn't work like that ..
otherwise if Jesus drove out demons by satan .. then so did they ..
What do you think it means to be "cut-off" from Christ, "to fall from grace"? That means that where once in the vine, and they where once in His Grace,( with signs and wonders) but they rejected His Grace by turning back to the law. Like the dog to its vomit and sow to its wallow, they have forsaken the "way of righteousness" The righteousness of faith.

Hbr 5:9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation,

I think you may need to add the two of them together to get the correct answer ..
What do you think it means to be "cut-off" from Christ, "to fall from grace"? That means that where once in the vine, and they where once in His Grace,( with signs and wonders) but they rejected His Grace by turning back to the law. Like the dog to its vomit and sow to its wallow, they have forsaken the "way of righteousness" The righteousness of faith.

what do you think Paul means by "IF YOU ARE ARROGANT YOU TOO WILL BE CUT OFF" ???

you are so hung up on the Law of Moses dude ..

all you who think there is some kind of guarantee base your assumptions on the same pseudo-belief .. that being the works of the Law of Christ, and the works of the Law of Moses are the same thing .. THEY ARE NOT ..
"pseudo-belief" You mean the very clear promises of God? Yes I am very confident in His Promises.
And not sure what you are saying? Is the law of Christ not the fulfillment of the law of moses? Are you the poster who said the Ten Commandments where not part of the Law of Moses? lol My friend, you should "STOP" trying to teach others.

Tell me what you believe the works of the law of Christ are.

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent (John 6:29).

as well as your is an assumption "you can know" whereas I posted 20 verses by ALL the Apostles saying it is a "HOPE" .. ok just ignore them ..
Obey, you mean, ""The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent" (John 6:29).

or do you mean, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me (Galatians 2:20). This says the new creation lives by Christ's faith.

If your answer is neither then it sounds like you are talking about the law. Please explain.

what do you think Paul means by "IF YOU ARE ARROGANT YOU TO WILL BE CUT OFF" ???
Well that's not what Paul said you have misused Gods Word. Lets look at the context of this scripture that you have taken out of context. In fact this scripture is saying the same thing that Paul said in Gal. 5

Ro 11:17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,
18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.

"pseudo-belief" You mean the very clear promises of God? Yes I am very confident in His Promises.
And not sure what you are saying? Is the law of Christ not the fulfillment of the law of moses? Are you the poster who said the Ten Commandments where not part of the Law of Moses? lol My friend, you should "STOP" trying to teach others.

no .. the psedeo belief that the works of the Law of Christ and the works of the Law of Moses are one in the same ..

are you the poster who thinks the 10 commandments are Part of the Law of Moses ???
lol lol lol
perhaps you better tell Jesus John & Paul who tells us to keep the commandments ..

I'm done here .. your heart and mind is closed ..
there are better things I can do then talk to you .. like watch the clouds ..

ciao ..

btw .. you need to take your own advice .. because you DEFINITELY do not understand scripture .. hence have NO BUSINESS teaching ..

no .. the psedeo belief that the works of the Law of Christ and the works of the Law of Moses are one in the same ..

are you the poster who thinks the 10 commandments are Part of the Law of Moses ???
lol lol lol
perhaps you better tell Jesus John & Paul who tells us to keep the commandments ..
1Jo 3:23 ¶ And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

The commandments cannot be kept by looking to the written code, but by the love of God shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

2Co 3:6 ¶ who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?
9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.
10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

Back