Struggling Christian, Begging For Mercy. Please...please Help Me

Jam 2:18
But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

thus you do NOT have Faith if you have no works ..
What example did James use? Not works of the law
(10 commandments) but Abraham and Rahab the HARLOT. So he is not in anyway suggesting that "works" are works of the law, but works of faith according to the "law of faith"

Yes consider Rahab the harlot and you will understand the "works" that James is speaking of. Not the "works of the law"

This is not saying that you work to gain salvation. It is saying that if you really have faith there will be some type of demonstration of that faith. The true demonstration of faith is doing works by Christ working in us through the Holy Spirit, not because we are trying to get saved by it, but because we have love from God that compels us to do the works.

Well all have have fallen short.

What example did James use? Not works of the law
(10 commandments) but Abraham and Rahab the HARLOT. So he is not in anyway suggesting that "works" are works of the law, but works of faith according to the "law of faith"

exactly ..
but the works of Faith are LOVE God with All and Neighbor as self ..
which Jesus says ALL the 10 commandments fall under ..

consider this ..

faith without works are dead ..
if you say you love .. but you never do anything to show it ..
do you really love ???
even Paul list of what love is includes "works of Faith" ..
and if you have all faith (admit it) but do not love (show it) you are nothing as so is your alleged love ..

pure lip service .. and Jesus sees right through that ..

consider this ..

do you really love ???
and if you have all faith (admit it) but do not love (show it) you are nothing as so is your alleged love ..

I have not said that there will not be works that a saved person does, but the works are done through God, and not done to get salvation, but rather are done because our salvation has given us the ability to love as Christ loves because we are now one with him and have his Spirit within us.

if you believe .. you live it ..
if you do not live it .. you do not believe ..

why do you try to separate what God joined together ???

good thing Jesus did not just say .. I love you ..
and did not DO to show His love ..
that is because REAL LOVE DOES ..
not think it is OWED a free ride in a relation ..
because those do NOT LOVE any besides self ..

LOVE IS A TWO-WAY STREET ..
and those who take it as a one way street get kicked to the curb ..

Last edited:
sure it is .. READ MATTHEW 25 .. they did not do and what happened to them was not good ..

Jam 1:22
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
Christ's works are credited to us who are believers. All works done by those who are saved are done from faith in God who works his works through us. The works are not ours but God's.

"for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).

consider this ..

do you really love ???

Do you believe your works after believing in what Christ has done are through your own self or through God's Spirit?

Romans 5:10-21.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one); much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
18 Therefore as by the offence of one, judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

There are signs of salvation - like obeying and loving the Lord. But clearly salvation is by Christ alone. And we cost Him way to much for salvation to rely on something as flimsy as our "maybe" lifetime obedience. That is just to uncertain to risk buying - especially at the dear price He did!

exactly ..
Yes love , fulfills the all the law. So we are not under the law of moses but under the commandment of Christ to love.

consider this ..

do you really love ???

Again I think most could muster the "works" of Rahab the harlot.
Yes how can one say they love others as themselves, when they judge others by a standard they do not keep themselves? That's not love thats hypocrisy.

Last edited:
exactly ..
Well Love does work but that is not the example James gave. He gave the example of a harlot doing what she believed was Gods will, as she understood it.

Is rahab the new mascot? I don't get it what's the big deal? Rahab was on her way to destruction if not for Gods mercy.

No she is the example given in the scripture. Does it bother you that the harlot will enter the Kingdom, before the hypocrite?

Well no harlots are in heaven as it is stated over and over again in scripture. Could you define your meaning of hippocrite? Remember Jesus died for those hippocrites too. In fact he said on the cross forgive them they know nor what they do. On a side note people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Back