Struggling Christian, Begging For Mercy. Please...please Help Me

there Paul is talking about the Law of Moses (which Paul mainly does)
however .. here James is talking about the Law of Christ ..

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.

as I said .. many have a difficult time distinguishing to which is being addressed ..
"The law of Christ" is His Commandment to love as He loves. Not the Ten Commandments, although in keeping the law of Christ we fulfill that which the law of moses demanded.

Faith in the Spirit of God is not I will have faith in this or I will have faith in that. When in God's Spirit, God's faith works through you. When in God's Spirit, you work from God's mind (we have the mind of Christ 1 Co 2:16), which is given to us at salvation. We do works, because God's Spirit compels us, not because we have to for our salvation. We are already one with Christ, he in us and we in him and we are part of his body working from His Spirit.

NO WHERE does it say you are saved .. Jesus said IF YOU ENDURE TO THE END, YOU WILL BE SAVED !!!

I do not obey because I have to .. I obey because I want to ..
and IF it is not like that .. then YOU DO NOT LOVE WITH YOUR ALL and won't gain it anyway .. SO SAYS JESUS ..

indeed .. if I gain salvation when all is said and done .. that is a reward that I do not deserve .. no matter how compliant to the Law of Christ I am ..
So you do or dont need to keep "the law of Christ"? Your doctrines are a little confusing? What do you "need" to comply with if not the law of Christ?

Last edited:
NO WHERE does it say you are saved .. Jesus said IF YOU ENDURE TO THE END, YOU WILL BE SAVED !!!

and IF it is not like that .. then YOU DO NOT LOVE WITH YOUR ALL and won't gain it anyway .. SO SAYS JESUS ..
Ro 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
Your right, if one continues in grace they will be saved in the end, but those who return to the law are "cut-off" and have not endured to the end.

So you do need to keep "the law of Christ"? Your doctrines are a little confusing? What do you "need" to comply with if not the law of Christ?

not my "doctrines" .. that is the "Gospel of Salvation" ..
you do need to comply with the Law of Christ .. which is LOVE OF GOD AND NEIGHBOR AS SELF ..
you can start here ..

Mat 19:17
And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

unless of course you think Jesus was pulling their leg about salvation requirements ..

Ro 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
Your right, if one continues in grace they will be saved in the end, but those who return to the law are "cut-off" and have not endured to the end.

yes .. He died for Atheist while still Atheist too ..

indeed .. if one continues in his MERCY of His offer of Salvation .. they WILL realize it ..

"But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness" (Romans 4:5).
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" (Romans 10:4).
"And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace (Romans 11:6). It would not be grace if works were included in any way.

You guys are arguing over apples and oranges. The ten commandments are the old way of explaining how to love your neighbour and yourself. The new law is simply summing them up. Your both saved.

yes .. He died for Atheist while still Atheist too ..

indeed .. if one continues in his MERCY of His offer of Salvation .. they WILL realize it ..
I think you missed the point? Having NOW been "justified" we are being "saved" But we must continue in grace, and not turn to the law. That what the Lord means by "endure" to the end.

You guys are arguing over apples and oranges. The ten commandments are the old way of explaining how to love your neighbour and yourself. The new law is simply summing them up.
We are debating the difference between salvation by works and salvation by God's work and God's grace without a person working their way in.

Salvation is a free gift. You can't work for it. God gives it freely.

We are debating the difference between salvation by works and salvation by God's work and God's grace without a person working their way in.

Salvation is a free gift. You can't work for it. God gives it freely.

Jam 2:18
But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

thus you do NOT have Faith if you have no works ..

You guys are arguing over apples and oranges. The ten commandments are the old way of explaining how to love your neighbour and yourself. The new law is simply summing them up. Your both saved.
Paul spent a whole lot of time on these "apples" and oranges, in every epistle the issue is raised for a very good reason. Because until one allows the law to slay them, they are yet in the flesh. The whole mystery of godliness is made known through the contrast of law and grace. So yes in simplicity, its love. But in the deeper understanding of flesh and spirit, good and evil, faith and unbelief, this conflict must be studied out. For those who don't see the need or are upset that we are debating this issue, you don't have to join in, you don't even have to read the post.

Jam 2:18
But someone may well say, “You have faith and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.”

thus you do NOT have Faith if you have no works ..
This is not saying that you work to gain salvation. It is saying that if you really have faith there will be some type of demonstration of that faith. The true demonstration of faith is doing works by Christ working in us through the Holy Spirit, not because we are trying to get saved by it, but because we have love from God that compels us to do the works.

Your both right!

I gave you the winner .. because you DO see ..
I push hard in the direction I do in hopes that people realize ..
FAITH/BELIEF is not separate from works of Faith ..

God Bless you ..
I can now leave knowing my hearts prayer was answered ..

Back