Questions

Nah wait.
You'll never get any judgmental talk from me Tink. I'm all for you being baptized and let's face it...when you have come to that point in your Christian walk, what is the point in waiting?
As for you being convicted to be baptized, I believe you are. I don't need you to say what/why/how. That is as you say...between you and the Lord.
If your memory is good, you will recall some little time back me saying something about literally coming to tears over some issue. I can't recall, if I said what..but it was over the issue of baptism. I was christened as an infant, yet I felt I was being called to be baptized, but I was full of conflict....hence the tears. Doesn't matter to me if you can really understand that:)
I recall going to the local Baptist Church one particular Sunday night to ask the pastor about the rights and wrongs (for me) to be baptized. At that time, I knew so little, I wasn't even sure if the guy was called a pastor or what.
Anyway, as it planned out, he was baptizing his sister that very night, and during that service the Holy Spirit really spoke to me and from that point on I was settled in my heart that I should be baptized. My baptism took place about three weeks later as I recall.
So never think that I would be anything but accepting of what you feel....I just might not fully understand without clarification sometimes.......I'm not always the 'sharpest claw in the paw' y'know?

Wow! Did he say/explain why he felt convicted?

He was very serious about living a Godly and obedient life and the discussion of Baptism in the Bible study pricked his conscience. He felt like it was a step of obedience that he needed to take care of as soon as possible, the sooner the better. It was not a question of legalism or salvation, just one of obedience and his desire to honor God in his life.

Life, it is supposed to be a public occasion. Otherwise you could dunk yourself in the bath tonight.

You must invite your family and friends. The location doesn't really matter. It is also an opportunity for your unsaved family and friends to hear the gospel, just a like a wedding is.

Life, it is supposed to be a public occasion. Otherwise you could dunk yourself in the bath tonight.

You must invite your family and friends. The location doesn't really matter. It is also an opportunity for your unsaved family and friends to hear the gospel, just a like a wedding is.

I don't think it "must" or that I am not doing it properly if friends and family are not there. Unless you can provide scriptures that specifically state that it must occur the way you are describing it. Could you please? I would like to do it right.

I think when we say 'public testimony'; it is an individual proclamation in front of the 'Body of Christ' AKA: the Church. 'Family' are your Brothers & Sisters in Christ-if your blood relatives are part of the "family" that is great-if not, of course you could use the occasion to witness to them.

Does "public" mean the whole town has to be there? I don't think so. I think 1 member of THE True Royal Family (like the Pastor) would be sufficient. Consider the scripture in Acts with Phillip and the Eunuch...

What concerned me was when you said a "private ceremony" earlier; nothing of God is done in the dark...we should be glad to be baptized into the Body of Christ. Our Church uses baptism as your official membership after salvation. We consider this your serious testimony in professing to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

I don't think it "must" or that I am not doing it properly if friends and family are not there. Unless you can provide scriptures that specifically state that it must occur the way you are describing it. Could you please? I would like to do it right.
Absolutely no scripture is needed Life. Just simple logic. You can get married in Vegas, but a good friend won't recommend it. Of course many of our ungodly friends and family will laugh at us, but at least we have now made a stand amongst them for God. No more suspicion of our Christian / God fearing status. Give them all invites. If it is still just you and your pastor at a house pool, then so be it.

I think when we say 'public testimony'; it is an individual proclamation in front of the 'Body of Christ' AKA: the Church. 'Family' are your Brothers & Sisters in Christ-if your blood relatives are part of the "family" that is great-if not, of course you could use the occasion to witness to them.

Does "public" mean the whole town has to be there? I don't think so. I think 1 member of THE True Royal Family (like the Pastor) would be sufficient. Consider the scripture in Acts with Phillip and the Eunuch...

What concerned me was when you said a "private ceremony" earlier; nothing of God is done in the dark...we should be glad to be baptized into the Body of Christ. Our Church uses baptism as your official membership after salvation. We consider this your serious testimony in professing to be a follower of Jesus Christ.

Not private, per say, just not with a TON of other believers around. Of course we will be at the beach with other people there to watch. Unfortunately my mom will most likely not be able to make it and I'm not going to invite my unbelieving friends who could care less. Let's get real here...I didn't grow up in a large christian family or environment. Either way, I would be doing it alone...(meaning not with friends and family around).

Life, no one can stand between you and God. Some will say you have to have a priest, pastor, reverend, etc. perform the baptism. This is not true. People will always interject themselves between God and people. I'm not sure why. They set their own conditions that have nothing to do with baptism.
Just as one person standing in the way is irrelevent, so the same goes for a group of people. They have no right to say there must be witnesses. It has absolutely no bearing on your baptism. This is between you and God. No individual nor any crowd, no matter how large and vocal, qualifies nor disqualifies your most precious next step in your walk with the Lord.
You have your baptism however YOU want. Unless you feel the Lord telling you differently. Imagine how best you can experience this moment with God. Who would YOU want there. What way gives your spirit peace?
Maybe even your atheistic friends can be there and watch the miracle of your life unfold. What a witness that would be.

If it is still just you and your pastor at a house pool, then so be it.

Phew! Thank you for clarifying. I misread your post. I will see what I can do about inviting people. TO be honest King, I don't think anyone would care to see me baptized. It would be nice if they did, but I doubt it will matter to them.

Very simple this is the cycle journey.. As per my knowledge, you will die in old age and re birth again if you truly desire GOD''.

Thank you so much Major and Dirty!! I called the lady and they never called me back. I'm going to call again and hopefully I can get in soon. Will keep you posted!

Back