How The Devil/satan Deceiveth The Whole World

So now we have Oprah and RCC Bishops as our source of truth? No thanks I will stay with the scriptures...:rolleyes:

First Saturday is the Sabbath of the law...we who are In Christ are not under the law of Moses..as has been pointing out about 1000 times now by clear a evident scripture. Second the scriptures record in clear terms the New Covenant Church meets on the 1st day of the week in that that was the Lords Day of resurrection.

Mt 28:1 ¶ In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Mr 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.
Mr 16:9 ¶ Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
Lu 24:1 ¶ Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
Joh 20:1 ¶ The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
Joh 20:19 ¶ Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
Ac 20:7 ¶ And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1Co 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

I as a bible student I have examined the bible testimonies on the first day of the week, there are eight to be exact, and without exception they are silent as to any of the disciples observing Sunday as a holy day. Pay Attention: In (John 20:1) "The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulcher", And it was early in the morning and it was still dark. But Jesus had already risen. Because Sunday worshippers don't know that the evening begins the new day. From evening to evening or Sundown to sundown.

How is it possible that these accounts, written over 40 years after the crucifixion, have neglected to mention Sunday sacredness? There is no biblical support for the changing of God’s holy sabbath from the seventh day (Saturday) to the first day (Sunday).

The Acts of the Apostles is the second book attributed to Luke, I believe written about 80-90 A.D., we now come to one of the most frequently quoted verses of Paul to support the false teaching of the sacredness of Sunday: Lets go into (Acts: 20: 7) And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight. Now let’s take a close look at this verse and dissect it a little. Notice Paul continued his speech until midnight! It was after sunset, but prior to midnight. The first day of the week in biblical times did not begin at midnight, as men begin it today. The Lord’s days begin and end at evening (sunset). (Gen. 1:5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first. All biblical days began and ended at sunset. Throughout the Roman world at that time, and for a few hundred years afterward, days began and ended at sunset. The practice of beginning the new day at midnight was started much later. So this meeting, and Paul’s preaching, took place during the time that we now call Saturday night. Remember when dealing with the Lord’s days the evening comes first. If you read more than just that one verse you would see what actually happen. Paul’s companions were engaged in the labor of rowing and sailing a boat while Paul was preaching that Saturday night and early Sunday. They had set sail Saturday night, after the Sabbath had ended. Paul remained behind for one more farewell sermon. Then at day break Sunday morning, Paul set afoot, walking from Tro’-as to As’-sos to meet the ship. This verse (Acts: 20:7) says nothing about a change of the Lord’s holy Sabbath day. And the term “break bread” simply means to eat, so every time Paul ate he broke bread, search it out for your self, the bible tells you to; (1Thess. 5:21) Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

The keeping of Sunday as the Christian Sabbath is not of God but of Man. If you are a true Christian, which means a follower of Christ or to be Christ like; then why are you following a day set up by man? I have proved that Paul kept the Lord’s Sabbath well after the death and resurrection of Christ. Lets take another look at the reason why you and others attend church in Sunday.

ORIGIN OF SUNDAY WORSHIP

Ample evidence from history shows that the celebration of Sunday originated from pagan practices of SUN WORSHIP. In March of 321 A.D., the Roman Emperor Constantine, who was at first a sun-worshiper and later a Christian convert, issued the first decree declaring Sunday to be a legal day of rest. In 336 A.D., the Roman Catholic Church officially changed the observance of Sabbath to Sunday for political and economic expediency. Since then, the original Sabbath gradually gave way to Sunday observance and the practice remains to this day.

Bro tan must be getting desperate if he has started quoting Oprah?...:LOL:

No where near desperate, all praises go to the Lord, but give the women credit for admitting or now acknowledging the truth, when she has been giving proof. Something that most people can't do, and I think I'm speaking to one!

No where near desperate, all praises go to the Lord, but give the women credit for admitting or now acknowledging the truth, when she has been giving proof. Something that most people can't do, and I think I'm speaking to one!
Are you not aware that she has denied Christ..and now you want to use her as a witness to the truth of Christ? Come on! You should be ashamed!...:(

I would sure like to see where Oprah Winfrey expresses her belief in the truth of Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth and the Life. Now, THAT would be the update of all updates!

As for the Sabbath, we have Jesus Christ. He is our Sabbath rest. He has fulfilled the Sabbath. We can honour God by making any day of the week our Sabbath, but if Sunday happens to be the day that many of us come together in fellowship to worship God, it doesn't mean it is the Sabbath day. How can it be for our leaders who, to them, it is a work day?

We are not beholden to the Sabbath requirement.

As for the Sabbath, we have Jesus Christ. He is our Sabbath rest. He has fulfilled the Sabbath. We can honour God by making any day of the week our Sabbath, but if Sunday happens to be the day that many of us come together in fellowship to worship God, it doesn't mean it is the Sabbath day. How can it be for our leaders who, to them, it is a work day?

We are not beholden to the Sabbath requirement.

That's something one must write or say, out of there own mind, and pay no attention, to all the proof and truth I display on this topic. Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3, 10-14) is the one who rested on the Sabbath day and commanded that you do the same. If you really understood the scriptures you would realize that He was the one who became known as Jesus who gave you the Ten Commandments. So not only did He command you to cease from your work on that day He also commanded you to. (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day (Saturday) that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel is His people then, now and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work. But the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on that day.

That's something one must write or say, out of there own mind, and pay no attention, to all the proof and truth I display on this topic. Jesus Christ (John 1:1-3, 10-14) is the one who rested on the Sabbath day and commanded that you do the same. If you really understood the scriptures you would realize that He was the one who became known as Jesus who gave you the Ten Commandments. So not only did He command you to cease from your work on that day He also commanded you to. (Lev.23:3) “Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation;” He said on the Sabbath day (Saturday) that you should also have an holy convocation, which means holy gathering or simply put, go to church. Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel is His people then, now and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work. But the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on that day.

Jesus is my Sabbath. I rest in Him.

Ro 3:19 ¶ Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Are you not aware that she has denied Christ..and now you want to use her as a witness to the truth of Christ? Come on! You should be ashamed!...:(

I understand what you are saying, but that's not the point. We are not talking about Oprah Winfrey salvation, we talking about Oprah Winfrey understanding in what she read out of the Bible. She may or may not believe, but she can count and read.

Ro 3:19 ¶ Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

What law we talking about here??

Jesus is my Sabbath. I rest in Him.

The Catholic authorities proclaim: "The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the so-call holy Catholic Church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., as taken from History of the Sabbath. pg. 802

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.

Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.

Knowing that Jesus Christ has fulfilled the Sabbath, I am pleased to rest in Him---every day. I am not Catholic so I don't care what they say. They love their history.

I only care what God says.

What law we talking about here??
How many do you think they are? Did Moses receive more than one on the mount? Did Jesus not say "every jot and tittle"?

Here this will give you a hint....

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

The Catholic authorities proclaim: "The Bible says, 'Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.' The Catholic Church says, No! By my divine power I abolish the Sabbath day, and command you to keep the first day of the week. And lo, the entire civilized world bows down in reverent obedience to the command of the so-call holy Catholic Church!" Father Enright, C.S.S.R. of the Redemptoral College, Kansas City, Mo., as taken from History of the Sabbath. pg. 802

The Biblical Sabbath, however, is and has always been on the seventh day of the week, or Saturday. Despite the prevalence of Sunday worship in Christendom, we must look to the Bible as our authority and keep the seventh day Sabbath ordained by God.

Go into your history books and prove me wrong, I challenge you to do so. Sisters and brothers I pray that you read your bibles for yourselves and pray for understanding.
First Oprah...now the history books!... I think we will stay with the bible...thank you..:rolleyes:

Knowing that Jesus Christ has fulfilled the Sabbath, I am pleased to rest in Him---every day. I am not Catholic so I don't care what they say. They love their history.

I only care what God says.

I don't believe what you saying, its makes no sense. Jesus Luke 4: 4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Every word of God, not what you say, if Jesus is your Lord, Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: In (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.

Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they or you have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

How many do you think they are? Did Moses receive more than one on the mount? Did Jesus not say "every jot and tittle"?

Here this will give you a hint....

Ro 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Go back and read the Old Testament!

Let’s go into the future and see what the Lord expects in the future concerning his Sabbaths. Let turn to Isaiah 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Remember: in Luke 4: 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

I don't believe what you saying, its makes no sense.

You make no sense. We live according to the law of Christ...not the OT laws.

Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they or you have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

Take note, Bro-tan:

The spirit of religion always fights the Spirit of God.

One of the marks of the religious spirit is fault-finding.

Mark 3:2 (NLT)
Since it was the Sabbath, Jesus’ enemies watched him closely. If he healed the man’s hand, they planned to accuse him of working on the Sabbath.

They were hoping to find something to accuse Jesus with. That's what religion does. Bro-tan, people are dying every day without the gospel message of the saving power of Jesus Christ, and you are predominately occupied with this?

Last edited:
Back