How The Devil/satan Deceiveth The Whole World

For some odd reason, believers think we are not under the law, which was perfect. To prove we are, just go commit you some adultery, Idolatry, and see how that works out for you concerning the curse of the Law.

What was abolished in the law was those many Ordinances. How to wash, keep the Sabbath, circumcision, Observing days, feasts, And yes, even tithing.

Scripture tells us exactly what changed for now Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath, Nothing to be refused in eating (Unless it taste bad) and nothing flesh related that we do to get God's approval. Most of these were food, drink and ritual type things, such as going to a mountain to pray, when we worship now in spirit.

Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
(Heb 9:9-10)

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
(Luk 1:6)

There were two parts of the law basically. The commandments, and all those ordinances.

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
(Col 2:20-21)

Jas 2:8
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

On the law of love hang all the law. If you walk in that law, your not stealing and murdering folks. Treating others as you would like to be treated we are told we do well.
No Sabbath needed.

Scripture makes it very clear what part of the Law is not relevant anymore, and what part we break that will put us in the hands of the enemy.

How do we get to page 6 and there is still confusion?

If it's something you would not want done to you, or it violates your conscience to where you have to question things, then don't do it!!!!!!!

It's really not that hard.

Blessings.

So since you are a hearer of the Law why is it you do not keep it? If you fail in as much as a jot or a tittle you have failed in it all...so because you say you are a hearer of the law and a doer of the law, and are not, you shall be judged by the law. I already was judged and found wanting and found condemnable and I agree I was worthy of condemnation but Christ became the curse of the law on my behalf, and I am no longer under the curse of the law, and I, believing God (like father Abraham), trusted His provision in His Christ's finished work, and have had my sins remissed...my nationality has nothing to do with anything...you are a judiazer...my old man is dead in Christ and now I am a new man, a new creation IN CHRIST...when I trusted the gospel I was sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise and He has sealed me unto the day of redemption...nothing you say or accuse or try to yoke me with can EVER undo what God has done...I am His child, so if you have a problem with me take it up with my Dad.

Believe what you like, the choice is yours.

Some of the things I've been thinking about lately, and some of the things you fellows have been discussing, has made me interested in more questions...

Alright, so the dispute in Acts 15.

We read that:

1Certain people came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the believers: “Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved.”
6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? 11No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
And when they do, as you say, look into the OT, they find:

14Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16“ ‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’ —
18things known from long ago.

And they conclude, in a letter to the Gentile believers:

28It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.
So... what does it mean, Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?

The debate, as you say, seemed to be around whether or not circumcision was a requirement for salvation. After they look into the OT, as you say they correctly should have, they noticeably leave circumcision absent from the list of requirements. Why?

Basic summary, I guess: the law of Moses commands the circumcision of the flesh. So, what does that mean for us? Do we need the obey the law of Moses regarding the circumcision of the flesh?

I've also been looking in tithing lately, and the laws surrounding that. I guess you wouldn't do those, since they were priesthood laws, which you say were nailed to the cross? Or do you tithe to the recipients of the tithes who weren't priests... non-priest Levites, orphans and widows, foreigners? If you do tithe, which of the three tithes do you observe, and do you observe the first fruit offerings as well?

What about the killing/stoning punishment laws and such? The women leaving town on their period? Shaving requirements? Food restrictions? Blended clothing? I mean, when I asked, "Do you think our salvation depends on perfectly following all the laws in Leviticus or not?" you said, "Yes, except for the laws that was nail to the cross, which was the animal sacrificial laws and the priesthood laws," so you must have figured out some way to follow all the other stuff in a modern context, yes, since salvation depends on following them perfectly?

Do we also have to follow the rabbinic literature as law like the Hebrews did, or only the Torah, and how do we know? Or would we need to write our own Rabbinical literature now to instruct us on how to legally apply those laws to follow them perfectly in a modern context?

Here's another interesting question: was Paul following the law when he was killing Christians? He does say he was blameless to the law... curious about your thoughts on that one.

Well, anyway, I'm very curious about what you practice. Hope you get back about these things.

The debate, as you say, seemed to be around whether or not circumcision was a requirement for salvation. After they look into the OT, as you say they correctly should have, they noticeably leave circumcision absent from the list of requirements. Why?

Not sure.

Basic summary, I guess: the law of Moses commands the circumcision of the flesh. So, what does that mean for us? Do we need the obey the law of Moses regarding the circumcision of the flesh?

Yes...Jesus Christ is the ultimate judge - all judgment has been committed to Him ,(John: 5:22). And He will judge righteously. He cannot be bribed or tempted as a human judge can. And, as we read in, (Num.15:15-16) He treats everyone alike. (v.15) One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance for ever in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD. (v.16) One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

God does not make one set of rules for one group of people and another set for another. He is not a respecter of persons.

Lets take a look at Ezekiel 44:6 And thou shalt say to the rebellious, even to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O ye house of Israel, let it suffice you of all your abominations, 44:7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations. 44:8 And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves. 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

I've also been looking in tithing lately, and the laws surrounding that. I guess you wouldn't do those, since they were priesthood laws, which you say were nailed to the cross? Or do you tithe to the recipients of the tithes who weren't priests... non-priest Levites, orphans and widows, foreigners? If you do tithe, which of the three tithes do you observe, and do you observe the first fruit offerings as well?

Yes you suppose to give tithing. Again Peter said...We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
1:20 Knowing this first that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Peter 1: 19-21)

Lets go into Genesis 14: 17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale. 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

So we learn a fews things here, one the bread of wine came before Jesus, two Tithes where before the Levites, or Leviticus priesthood laws, and Melchizedek, is playing the same role as Jesus right now.

What about the killing/stoning punishment laws and such? The women leaving town on their period? Shaving requirements? Food restrictions? Blended clothing? I mean, when I asked, "Do you think our salvation depends on perfectly following all the laws in Leviticus or not?" you said, "Yes, except for the laws that was nail to the cross, which was the animal sacrificial laws and the priesthood laws," so you must have figured out some way to follow all the other stuff in a modern context, yes, since salvation depends on following them perfectly?

Correct

Do we also have to follow the rabbinic literature as law like the Hebrews did, or only the Torah, and how do we know? Or would we need to write our own Rabbinical literature now to instruct us on how to legally apply those laws to follow them perfectly in a modern context?

The KJV will do just fine. The Lord have it fix where False Prophets can't understand it the KJV. For Example...Lets go into Isaiah 29:9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. 29:10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered. 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: 29:12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: 29:14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Here's another interesting question: was Paul following the law when he was killing Christians? He does say he was blameless to the law... curious about your thoughts on that one.

To a certain degree Paul was following the law, when it came to using power to hurt the people, Paul had the churches in so much fear, putting men and women in prison, he out of control. Paul was about to go against the disciples of the Lord to slaughter them. Lets just say Paul didn't have the Holy Ghost until he met with Ananias.

Not sure.

Humble suggestion: that's something that's probably worthwhile for you to look into.

the law of Moses commands the circumcision of the flesh. So, what does that mean for us? Do we need to obey the law of Moses regarding the circumcision of the flesh?

Well, perhaps you'd like to offer a comment on how the Acts 15 debate on circumcision:

1And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

and in Jerusalem Peter answers the debate,

8And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;9And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.10Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?11But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

If you continue reading, you'll see that they conclude this based on an OT prophecy from Amos 9.

What is the "yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear" by which they "tempt ye God"?

If the argument is "Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved,"
Then why does Peter respond, "But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

Humble suggestion: that's something that's probably worthwhile for you to look into.

Well, perhaps you'd like to offer a comment on how the Acts 15 debate on circumcision:

1And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

and in Jerusalem Peter answers the debate,

8And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;9And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.10Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?11But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

If you continue reading, you'll see that they conclude this based on an OT prophecy from Amos 9.

What is the "yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear" by which they "tempt ye God"?

If the argument is "Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved,"
Then why does Peter respond, "But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

A form of chastisement.

Peter got the keys of the kingdom, maybe he think can do that, all thought Peter said we believe, and not we know. But Paul said in Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. Then again, Peter said in 2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

When you go into Prophecy, you see the Lord not allowing it...Lets see in Ezekiel 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

A form of chastisement.
Peter got the keys of the kingdom, maybe he think can do that.

I don't think so, man. That's not what his argument is. Have another look at the passage.

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

In that same passage, what does Paul mean, "and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter"?

Peter said we believe, and not we know.

How true. So did Abraham:

Galatians 3

6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

When you go into Prophecy, you see the Lord not allowing it...Lets see in Ezekiel 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

Very interesting, though, that the believers in Jerusalem in Acts 15 do see the Lord "allowing it" when they get into prophecy: they recognize that God has given His Spirit to the uncircumcised gentiles. This was their mutual conclusion about the prophecy in Amos (as you say, no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.)

Where is God's sanctuary now (1 Cor 3:16)? How do you see the significance of the veil being torn in the temple in Matthew 27:51?

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace

Ro 7:6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 ¶ What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."

Lets see in Ezekiel 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcisedin flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

Of course not, because in the Covenant with Israel made at Horeb (of which we are not a part), circumcision was a requirement. In the New Covenant in Christ this is not required of us...

I don't think so, man. That's not what his argument is. Have another look at the passage.

In that same passage, what does Paul mean, "and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter"?

Galatians 3

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Very interesting, though, that the believers in Jerusalem in Acts 15 do see the Lord "allowing it" when they get into prophecy: they recognize that God has given His Spirit to the uncircumcised gentiles. This was their mutual conclusion about the prophecy in Amos (as you say, no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.)

Where is God's sanctuary now (1 Cor 3:16)? How do you see the significance of the veil being torn in the temple in Matthew 27:51?

Galatians 3

What are you trying to get at with this situation about the circumcision. Either you listen to the Prophets or the Apostles, its your choice at the end of the day. The Lord already made it clear in Ezekiel, how he feel about uncircumcised strangers. Its would behoove you to take heed to that.

God's sanctuary is still among the true Israelites today. Israel is still the priest, the teachers, pastors, to this day, the order still remain the same, God is still the same. Paul said in Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Paul said in Romans 11: 1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew.
The veil being torn represents the end of animal sacrificial law, or also Leviticus priesthood.

What are you trying to get at with this situation about the circumcision. Either you listen to the Prophets or the Apostles, its your choice at the end of the day. The Lord already made it clear in Ezekiel, how he feel about uncircumcised strangers. Its would behoove you to take heed to that.

Brother Tan, somehow you seem to believe that one group opposes the other...as if the whole word of God contains inconsistencies or contradictions, but we all know that cannot be. The passage you are arguing from Ezekiel pertains only to those of the covenant made at Horeb. Is that the covenant God has with you? The one He has made with "the church" the New Covenant which includes and is open to all peoples is not that covenant, just as how God's covenant with Noah, and the one with Abraham, are also not the same. Circumcision of the flesh (although I myself am circumcised) is not a requirement of the New Covenant. That aspect of the Mosaic Covenant has been fulfilled and the proper implication of it is now present (circumcision of the heart)...

The shedding of that blood is not longer necessary because the blood of His Lamb was only necessary once for all (and now He sits)...all of those Old Covenant bloods are no longer required so why do you insist on making this moot point? Are you a follower of the Covenant made at Sinai? Are you bound to keep the whole of the law? Do you think all should be so bound?

Simple answers would be most appreciated rather then long unrelated lists filled with personal judgments and accusations...Thank you for your patience!

In His love

brother Paul

Last edited:
From what I have understood so far is that keeping the Sabbath is evil. If I am understanding these many pages of ......whatever they are . Thanks brotan for pointing out this great evil.

Still can't figure out his real point, but I think it is that we are all condemned and he is the only one who has the truth, demanding the law be kept which he himself fails in doing...but I may be kohnfooozed...

Brother Tan, somehow you seem to believe that one group opposes the other...as if the whole word of God contains inconsistencies or contradictions, but we all know that cannot be. The passage you are arguing from Ezekiel pertains only to those of the covenant made at Horeb. Is that the covenant God has with you? The one He has made with "the church" the New Covenant which includes and is open to all peoples is not that covenant, just as how God's covenant with Noah, and the one with Abraham, are also not the same. Circumcision of the flesh (although I myself am circumcised) is not a requirement of the New Covenant. That aspect of the Mosaic Covenant has been fulfilled and the proper implication of it is now present (circumcision of the heart)...

The shedding of that blood is not longer necessary because the blood of His Lamb was only necessary once for all (and now He sits)...all of those Old Covenant bloods are no longer required so why do you insist on making this moot point? Are you a follower of the Covenant made at Sinai? Are you bound to keep the whole of the law? Do you think all should be so bound?

Simple answers would be most appreciated rather then long unrelated lists filled with personal judgments and accusations...Thank you for your patience!

In His love

brother Paul

Are you a follower of the Covenant made at Sinai? Are you bound to keep the whole of the law? Do you think all should be so bound?

Paul made it clear in Hebrews 13: 8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Pat Attention:

"Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, you only have I known of all the families of the earth: Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." (Amos 3:1-2)
For what purpose did the Lord choose the children of Israel? (Exodus 19: 1-6) Let's look at the 5th & 6th vs.; "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: (6th vs.) and ye shall be unto me a Kingdom of Priest, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."
What is the covenant that the Lord made with his people? (Deuteronomy 29: 10-15) "Ye stand this day all of you before the Lord your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel, (11th vs.) your little ones, your wives and thy stranger that is in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water: (12th vs.) That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the Lord thy God, and into his oath, which the Lord thy God maketh with thee this day: (13th vs.) That he may establish thee this day for a people unto himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. (14th verse) Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath; (15th vs.) but with him that standeth here with us this day before the Lord our God, and also with him that is not with us this day:
What is the law that the people of God are to observe? (Exodus 20: 1-23) The Ten Commandments, God descended from heaven and spoke his commandments face to face with his people.
Is this law for the children of Israel only? No. (Leviticus 24: 22) "Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: For I am the Lord your God."
How can one who is not of the lineage of Israel, become partakers of the covenant of God? (Ephesians 2:11-22) Let's look at the 11th through 13th verses. "Wherefore remember, that ye being in the time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called uncircumcision by that which is called the circumcision in the flesh made by hands; (12th vs.) That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenant of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: (13th vs.) But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."
Now, Paul said in Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

I understand how you feel when it comes to being obedient, and you should feel the way you do, because your doctrine is base off a day that Jesus didn't raise on (Sunday, first day of the week). Your hold foundation of understanding and knowledge is off and out of course, because you choose to think you can worship a day that the Lord didn't set a side (Sunday). On top of that you Sunday worshippers don't do wrong right, you guys do whatever you feel like on your so call day of worship, all your pleasure. Which amazes me, because you can't read it nowhere in the Bible, where the Sabbath day change, so you people have to make up something to say or find some kind of way to justified doing wrong, to make it seems like it’s right.
The Bible says... "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because, that in it, He had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3). The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." In (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him.
Paul said in Ephesians 2: 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Sunday doctrine has nothing to do with the apostles and prophets or Jesus Christ. The foundation of the church started in the wilderness on the seventh day of the week, Paul told you that in Acts 7:38 - This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
The oracles are still with Israel, the true Israelites, that's in captivity to this day.

We understand that Peter said in 2Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Peter is letting us know that the Old Testament is more surer then the New Testament. Let see again, how Paul word it in Ephesians 2: 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; So is Paul telling the Gentiles how important the old testament is, and how they have the same laws as Israel do. So lets go into the future again, in Ezekiel 44: 6 And thou shalt say to the rebellious, even to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O ye house of Israel, let it suffice you of all your abominations,7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.8And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves.9Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

Ro 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

Ro 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

So BT you wouldn't just answer the simple questions? Sad for you man...I will pray for you...since you live BY the Law you will be judged BY the Law...indeed you (like all) have fallen short and will be found wanting. I know I have (no need to continuously remind me) but I have died in Christ and now He lives in me...and that is what constitutes my eager expectation of glory...not my many good works and attempts at keeping the law (which though I did well I still fell short)...only what He has done on my behalf will I place my trust in. If you feel this is not enough that what He began in the Spirit He now throws back onto you in your flesh, then have at it...and when you stand before Him you can rightly say "Haven't I done this and haven't I done that?" Why are you unable to trust in Christ alone and His finished work? Is it so difficult to believe the death, burial, and resurrection were sufficient for your sins? He did this all for you, to accomplish for you, what you can never accomplish for yourself. I am sorry I am disallowed from extending peace unto you...goodbye sir!

Reading the last post from brotan ate up all the memory on my phone.

He is not any more confused than some others here. Forums draw the most nut cases God has to offer, and stll loves them.

Back