Drunk In The Spirit Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Jesus met Satan in the desert, what did Satan used to try to deceive Christ? Misinterpreted Scripture. That's the same thing that Satan does today. The Holy Spirit has no relation whatsoever with the "drunkenness in the spirit". I have seen some of these "drunk in the spirit" people running like beheaded chickens and laughing for no reason while they roll on the ground. That is clearly NOT the work of the Holy Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-23).
May be you did not drink of the Spirit. 1 Cor 12:13 ...... all were made to drink of one Spirit.

I guess you were the designated driver that day. :)

Brother, the "rest of the spirit" is extremely common in Catholic circles and also among some people that worship Mary statues in the Argentinian mountains (and who are not even Catholics due to their non-orthodox and clearly non-Christian beliefs). Some of these people are not only not Christians, but openly reject the Biblical Christ (i.e., the idol worshipers of the Argentinian mountains).
Never heard the term as you have used it.

CW: Christ could do nothing except for the Father, not nothing except for humans. And God doesn't need us, He does what He does out of love for us. And He does not need anyone human to do anything for Him. We do what we do, hopefully out of love of Him. It earns us nothing - we already have His Grace, if we accept it.

If God is in control of you, would He really show you "out of control"? For why?

CW: Christ could do nothing except for the Father, not nothing except for humans. And God doesn't need us, He does what He does out of love for us. And He does not need anyone human to do anything for Him. We do what we do, hopefully out of love of Him. It earns us nothing - we already have His Grace, if we accept it.

If God is in control of you, would He really show you "out of control"? For why?
When you are in control God is not.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

If you want God to use you then you must not be incontrol. If you are working, then you are not resting, and this what Jesus came to give us, "rest for our souls"

The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit is a a Spirit of self control (Galatians 5:22-23). In all of these manifestations (rest in the spirit, drunkenness in the spirit, etc.) people lose control of their bodies. Hence, these manifestations are not the work of the Holy Spirit. Moreover, the only people who fell unconscious during Jesus' ministry were those who were demon-possessed.
That's a misuse of that scripture...The Scriptures describe the Holy Spirit in many ways and the "fruits" of the Spirit Love, joy , peace etc.. are fruits of the tree, not how the Holy Spirit manifest upon a believer...

Ac 2:1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Ac 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
14 ¶ But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

Be sure that in fact this is the biblical standard, whether some can accept that or not, does not really matter!

When you are in control God is not.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

If you want God to use you then you must not be incontrol. If you are working, then you are not resting, and that is what came to give us, "rest for our souls"

I disagree. If you lose control of your body, it is not God's work.

If God is in control, why would He have you jittering, babbling and acting drunk? Where is the edification for anyone in that? In demon possession, they shake and jibber and act awful......why would God need to imitate that???

Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Did Paul lose control?

Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

And the gifts work "as the Spirit wills" The idea that the Holy Spirit is not greater than the flesh and soul is just unbiblical

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;

Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

If God is in control, why would He have you jittering, babbling and acting drunk? Where is the edification for anyone in that? In demon possession, they shake and jibber and act awful......why would God need to imitate that???
Ac 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
14 ¶ But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

Jude 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 ¶ What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

We went to a new page, so I may have missed posts. And for once they will stay missed. This is new to me - when I was in school and went and got drunk, we jokingly said "the devil made me do it." Do they really go around acting like jerks and claim God made them do that?

Mr 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Calling the work of the Holy Spirit, evil, is a great sin, I suggest some of you should fear God!

We went to a new page, so I may have missed posts. And for once they will stay missed. This is new to me - when I was in school and went and got drunk, we jokingly said "the devil made me do it." Do they really go around acting like jerks and claim God made them do that?
Yes please stop!

What do you mean by "slain in the spirit"? What I call "rest in the spirit" is to fall unconscious for a relatively long period of time. After that period of time the people wake up and they say that they experienced something like peace or relaxation. As far as I know, they lose control of their bodies during this sort of supernatural faint. I am very sure that this "rest in the spirit" has no Biblical basis and no relation whatsoever with the Holy Ghost.The main reason for my belief is the lack of Biblical support, but I could also mention the fact that idolaters have experienced this. Actually, the "rest in the spirit" is very common in Charismatic Catholic circles, among people who reject the Gospel (salvation by faith and through the merits of Christ). If I remember correctly, I knew a Catholic who had had these experiences (rest in the spirit) and when I took this person to my church a sister in Christ, who was a true prophet of God, told me that God showed her that this Catholic person was possessed.

The term slain in the spirit probably originated from the ministries of Kulman and MacPherson, way back when, '40s or '50s, however today, whether it's called slain in the spirit or rest in the spirit it is in reality nothing more that a '50s era carnival side show act.

It's nothing more than simple hypnotism which has been authenticated by both born again former hypnotists and unregenerated hypnotists, hypnotism places a human in an altered state of consciousness, which opens up the mind of the hypnotized subject to the power of suggestion (which is basically what advertising companies know and cash in on), once in the hypnotized state they are given commands to do ridiculous things that they wouldn't normally do, hypnotists were a common thing at county fairs back in the '50s and '60s.

Maybe you have seen the old movies where a watch was swung in front of a person and they became hypnotized, maybe not, but the principle is to cause the subject to focus on an outside stimulus that is repeated over and over, it can be anything, a smooth voice, or the walking back and forth in front of the participants, music is very instrumental in hypnotizing, a refrain played over and over again, or one word repeated many, many times in a melodic, singsong voice, in the church we attend they do this while repeatedly singing the name of Jesus over and over, ...then to the observant, and only to the observant, there is a shift in the time-space continuum and wham, the participants are hypnotized, now, that shift part, that is told to us, explained to us by the professionals that make a living hypnotizing, ...that's when they say they know the show can go on!

Now, for any born again child of God, a shift in the time-space continuum is definitely something we shouldn't be playing with or curious about, this shift allows the creatures in the next dimension access to ours, a door so to speak, and we won't be happy with what the dog drug in, ...guaranteed!

We teach the children in the church and when this shift occurs the children are affected, they become restless, the start speaking loudly, hitting one another, throwing things, where the minute before the shift they were quiet and attentive, heh, heh, when we start hearing the singsong name of Jesus we pray that the Lord would not allow these precious children to be affected or touched, ...many a time their so called worship has been thwarted and frustrated! PTL

Now we are seeing the kundalini force being used, which is another part of an altered state of consciousnesses that includes a touch, they touch the person to impart the power, it's called a personal point of contact.

So now, put it all together, go back and watch the video again and watch the hypnotists at work, remember its just a carnival side show act and not a church worship service, you will see them doing what we have described, see if you can see the different methods they are using and pay attention to the music, ...then beloved, take what you have learned and go to your church, ...it's all a part of Jesus' command to us to watch! Mark 13:37

Blessings,

Gene

Yes, I have seen them bumping into each other as they stumbled in front of the pulpit, laughing hysterically the whole time. I do not understand how can someone believe that this is the work of the Holy Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back