Drunk In The Spirit Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rev 4:9 And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne, who lives forever and ever,
Rev 4:10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
Rev 4:11 "Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created."

Joh 18:4 Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, "Whom do you seek?"
Joh 18:5 They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth." Jesus said to them, "I am he." Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them.
Joh 18:6 When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.

Mar 3:11 And whenever the unclean spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."

Luk_8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell down before him and said with a loud voice, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, do not torment me."

Rev_5:14 And the four living creatures said, "Amen!" and the elders fell down and worshiped.
Rev_19:4 And the twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God who was seated on the throne, saying, "Amen. Hallelujah!"

Yes, I have seen them bumping into each other as they stumbled in front of the pulpit, laughing hysterically the whole time. I do not understand how can someone believe that this is the work of the Holy Ghost.
Does this not make any sense to you? Does it seem crazy and these people are out of their minds?

1Co 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

No - I will never stop telling truth. I advise you to do some research on this - this reflects no glory to God. The emperor has no clothes on.
I am glad you are sticking to your guns on what you believe. Spiritual growth does cause one to change what they believe as the Lord teaches them new things. Right now you are only believing according to your understanding that you have now.

I am glad you are sticking to your guns on what you believe. Spiritual growth does cause one to change what they believe as the Lord teaches them new things. Right now you are only believing according to your understanding that you have now.

Wrong!!!

There are hundreds, thousands, millions of born again children of God all over the world that don't accept this apostasy in the church,

...just a question, in all of the books of the New Testament, with the exception of Philemon there is warning from Jesus Himself and the other Divinely inspired writers about false teaching, Paul calls it itching ears, so if you are right and I am wrong, what is it my ears are itching for?

Blessings,

Gene

These are the things this thread has taught me:
1. The H Spirit is not a guarantee of peace among believers
2. I should be very, very careful to "rightly divide" the word of Truth, because proof-texting is very tempting.

2. I should be very, very careful to "rightly divide" the word of Truth, because proof-texting is very tempting.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean tezriLi, but I feel "duty bound" to say what I think is backed by scripture. And I feel this is a salvation issue. If we all have the same HS, and I test the spirits that come to me (and I have had both) why is my HS disagreeing with someone else. I am not questioning the gifts of the HS as clearly stated in scripture. What I am saying is that multiple compacted errors that are against the Word are coming out of this movement.

Oh dear one, it is only the Holy Spirit that can bring peace to so many from so many different backgrounds and cultures, He does that by focusing our attention on Jesus and only Jesus Rev 19:10, what this thread has successfully exposed and brought to our attention is the false doctrine of worshiping the Holy Spirit, ...which our Lord Jesus said the Holy Spirit would never do. John 16:13

The unity of the Holy Spirit and the peace that comes with/from it will only be found in a church started and authorized by Jesus Himself Rev 1:12, 13, 20, this is just a byte in cyber space and certainly can not be considered a true Church of Jesus Christ, ...even though there are some who think it is.

Be blessed,

Gene

#1 is NOT against the H Spirit, or against His power; rather, this is against us as human beings who, I think, are missing the boat. We are failing here. We are fighting here. We are misusing Scripture, squeezing it, reshaping it, not exegesis but "Exit Jesus," making the Scriptures say what we want instead of what it intended to say. I can see that I have been guilty of the same, but since this thread, I will be way more careful.

Also, I admit it: it is hard for me to see my friends berated. It just bugs me. But that's me. If I can't take it, I need to move on.

Amen and amen I was told on this very thread I am of the spirit of the devil. how biblical is it to accuse the breathren? The bible is clear what spirit that is of. And since its ok to allow this behavior on this site I want nothing to do with this site.

Someone please delete my account.
What post are you referring to, because I don't remember reading that?

Your comment places the assumtion I want to be apart of this forum after such accusations and railings towards myself. Which is not accurate of my current status. The only thing I am concered with is getting my account closed. Someone please close my account.
I'm simply asking where the accusations and railings occurred. If you're unwilling to comply to a simple, sincere request then I guess this is farewell.

I will take no brainers for 500 alex... answer is... yes edward, I will close your account.
You're either confused or belligerent, I can't close your account. I'm just asking where anyone accused you of being of the devil because I don't remember reading. Please keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Edward - you can always go to a moderator or just leave and don't come back? If you are wanting to get banned, report yourself. No one is going to report you (JPT or me) anyways.

Ahh a fellow jepordy fan. Most people dont get that. I already told you where... on this thread. It isnt my fault you lack the ability to scroll and click a mouse and look it up for yourself. Would you like me to fluff your pillows for you too sir?

Someone please delete my account.
Each post has a number, I thought you might be courteous enough to provide that, most other members here do that as a common courtesy. At this point I'll stop entertaining you and you and I will part ways. Good night and God bless.

Gone - I was speaking against a movement. I accepted Edward's long ago post that he was non denominational. I accept people at their word. I did ask if he and Mitspa were of this movement. I was referring only to Mitspa about "righteous". I have no problem apologizing if that post wasn't clear on righteous.

Gone - I was speaking against a movement. I accepted Edward's long ago post that he was non denominational. I accept people at their word. I did ask if he and Mitspa were of this movement. I was referring only to Mitspa about "righteous". I have no problem apologizing if that post wasn't clear on righteous.
IMO, this whole thread has been about confusion about words and phrases. What I consider drunk in the spirit is nothing like the Toronto blessing and all these other blessings. Not once is the name of Jesus glorified in any of the shaking, dog barking, or uncontrolled jerking that was recorded in the video that Gene and I posted simultaneously without knowing...coincidence, I think not.

IMO, this whole thread has been about confusion about words and phrases. What I consider drunk in the spirit is nothing like the Toronto blessing and all these other blessings. Not once is the name of Jesus glorified in any of the shaking, dog barking, or uncontrolled jerking that was recorded in the video that Gene and I posted simultaneously without knowing...coincidence, I think not.

It's a phrase that came out of this movement. Talk about slow - rofl - I didn't realize you both posted it at the same time. I found part 2 because JPT's video here wasn't playing for me so I found part 1, which was the same film put out by Global Mission.

Well great, you have ran a member off the forum with your attacks against the Spirit of God ...you guys should be ashamed to behave in this manner!

Isa 28:22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord GOD of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back