Drunk In The Spirit Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also do not believe in barking like a dog or any other weird stuff, but I do get beside myself when the Spirit of God is upon me which most of the time. The Holy Spirit and I are best of friends, we get along just fine, because we are intimate with each other. I am not a member of any man made denomination, and continually rejoice in my freedom to express his influence in my life. :)

I heard about this barking like a dog "manifestation" some years ago and it really troubled me at the time however the outcome of study and listenning to some pretty solid teaching was, God would never make us act like an animal since we are the peak of creation given dominion over the earth. Very strange one!

My, my all of these personal attacks in brotherly love in the fruit of the Holy Spirit, to me that speaks volumes about your filling experiences! Matt 12:33

And no one has answered the simple questions I have presented, hmmmmmmm.

You see beloved, lots of people mistakenly use the Word to judge people, that is not the way it works, it's the Word that always judges people and when it is sent by and empowered by the Holy Spirit it produces one to two results, it convicts and the person being judged repents, or it convicts and the person to whom it is judging rejects it and then we see, experience one of these two works, and the person can never answer when it's the Word judging them.

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, promiscuity, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealousy, angry outbursts, selfish ambition, conflict, factions, envy, drunkenness, wild partying, and similar things. I've told you in the past and I'm telling you again that people who do these kinds of things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Gal 5:19-21

As compared to this,

But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There are no laws against things like that. Gal 5:22, 23

I've leave it up to you to decide which of these listed in the two comparisons have been shown to me in the love of the Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Gene

Why didn't you answer my question?

When two or more are gathered in My name, and one of His names is Logos, and as you remember it was the Logos, that became flesh and dwelt among us, so when we are gathered together, outside of the local church body where He has placed us, yes, He is there with us, but because we have taken on His name, because we are using His name, we must careful and prudent to be faithful to His Word in verity, truth and integrity, but that coming together or meeting together in home fellowship groups or in pray groups or just fellowshipping one on one over a Whopper and fries,... always ends with our return to fellowship in the body in which we are a part of, ...stray body parts detached from the Head of the Body will not survive long, just like lone sheep are eaten by wolves, why do you think Jesus and Paul were speaking metaphorically, ...for us to understand how the Church works by what we are familiar with in our own lives..

I think you will agree that we learn from His teaching of Rev 1:12, 13, 20 that it is Jesus that establishes His church and any that do not enter by the door are thieves and robbers, John 10:1, 2, 7, so to try and claim that an internet site without any pastoral authority over it appointed by Jesus Eph 4:11 is a church of the Lord Jesus Christ is pure fantasy and it will be revealed as such at His Bema Seat judgement (and I'm sure the owner of this site will agree with me, it is not his intention for this site to be consider a church).

Now please, I have complete and absolute confidence and credence in the Word, so before you copy and paste more Scripture, just answer the question I have presented to you so that I/we can have confidence and credence in what you say, ...unless you are in disagreement with Isa 8:20, Acts 17:11 and 1 Thess 5:21 and count them nonessential.

In His Love,

Gene
I hate to tell you but it was never intended for someone to join a Church and then spend the rest of their life sitting and listening to the same ol thing week after week. They are suppose to learn and then be sent out to teach others. If you want to do that that is OK with me. So, I assuming you like walking in the flesh, and you think that is the only way to have fellowship with other believers. The Apostle Paul knew that the physical world is limited, but living in the Spirit which far exceeds every thing that hinders our abilities to know God and one another that does not depend on the flesh. Paul said,
Col 2:5
"I am not with you in the flesh, but in the Spirit and I am watching and beholding your steadfastness of your faith in Christ"

Living in the Spirit, and in the Kingdom of God is something you need to learn so you will not charge others falsely of doing just that. Get out of the flesh and walk in thee Spirit, and the Kingdom of God where the Church has been already translated into. The Church is not a physical building and it is not located anywhere on earth.

Why didn't you answer my question?

When two or more are gathered in My name, and one of His names is Logos, and as you remember it was the Logos, that became flesh and dwelt among us, so when we are gathered together, outside of the local church body where He has placed us, yes, He is there with us, but because we have taken on His name, because we are using His name, we must careful and prudent to be faithful to His Word in verity, truth and integrity, but that coming together or meeting together in home fellowship groups or in pray groups or just fellow-shipping one on one over a Whopper and fries,... always ends with our return to fellowship in the body in which we are a part of, ...stray body parts detached from the Head of the Body will not survive long, just like lone sheep are eaten by wolves, why do you think Jesus and Paul were speaking metaphorically, ...for us to understand how the Church works by what we are familiar with in our own lives..

I think you will agree that we learn from His teaching of Rev 1:12, 13, 20 that it is Jesus that establishes His church and any that do not enter by the door are thieves and robbers, John 10:1, 2, 7, so to try and claim that an internet site without any pastoral authority over it appointed by Jesus Eph 4:11 is a church of the Lord Jesus Christ is pure fantasy and it will be revealed as such at His Bema Seat judgement (and I'm sure the owner of this site will agree with me, it is not his intention for this site to be consider a church).

Now please, I have complete and absolute confidence and credence in the Word, so before you copy and paste more Scripture, just answer the question I have presented to you so that I/we can have confidence and credence in what you say, ...unless you are in disagreement with Isa 8:20, Acts 17:11 and 1 Thess 5:21 and count them nonessential.

In His Love,

Gene

22* But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23* To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24* And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Does this place look or sound familiar to you? It should as this is where Jesus Christ has bought us to. This is the general assembly and Church of the first born. This is Church, where all the body of Christ has been translated to. If you are not experiencing this then there is a problem in your spiritual growth. This is where the throne of grace is located in which we are told to come boldly to. This is where we have fellowship with all the saints in light.

Up is down with you folks. JPT and I have said the charismatic movement is dangerous to the church - and such sayings as "slain in the spirit" "drunk in the spirit" "baptized with fire"come directly from this movement. This movement makes a mockery of the gifts and you accuse us of blasphemy to the HS??? It is dangerous because it is the main flow of the church these days......one thing we all agree on ----the narrow road to heaven is alot less crowded these days. Go with your feel good encounters with "HS" - the whistles and bells. Get your rewards here.

I hate to tell you but it was never intended for someone to join a Church and then spend the rest of their life sitting and listening to the same ol thing week after week. They are suppose to learn and then be sent out to teach others. If you want to do that that is OK with me. So, I assuming you like walking in the flesh, and you think that is the only way to have fellowship with other believers. The Apostle Paul knew that the physical world is limited, but living in the Spirit which far exceeds every thing that hinders our abilities to know God and one another that does not depend on the flesh. Paul said,
Col 2:5
"I am not with you in the flesh, but in the Spirit and I am watching and beholding your steadfastness of your faith in Christ"

Living in the Spirit, and in the Kingdom of God is something you need to learn so you will not charge others falsely of doing just that. Get out of the flesh and walk in thee Spirit, and the Kingdom of God where the Church has been already translated into. The Church is not a physical building and it is not located anywhere on earth.

I don't know what you are talking about listening to the same old thing week after week, what's the same old thing, are you implying it's the Word?

I have been sent out, we are a missionary in a dark third world country, but I'm under authority and I am being feed daily, grace of this internet and podcasts, I can assure you I'm not listening to the same old thing week after week, I am growing in the grace, knowledge and love of my Lord Jesus Christ as we study through that old thing, book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, and we have come to learn that where we are in the Word is where we are in our lives, man..., the Word is alive, exciting, exhilarating, life giving wonderful, awesome, and Father has blessed me with teaching me a foreign language, French, to be able to compare Scripture with Scripture in two different languages, the subtil nuances that I have gleaned from reading the different French versions, ...it just blows my socks off!!!

I've already told you of how the Holy Spirit has worked through me in the miraculous, and as stupendous, magnificent, awe inspiring it was to watch Him preform a miracle using my hands, .....I wouldn't trade any of it for Him revealing to me the nuggets found in His Word, ...in the miraculous I experience His power, but in His Word I experience His Love as He is feeding my spirit.

Now, will you please answer my question?

Remember, I'm asking this in love, ...how can you expect me, or others to believe you, to have any credence in your words, that you have a intimate, close relationship with the Holy Spirit when you are in rebellion to what He has commanded?

In His Love,

Gene

I have felt the presence of God and the HS. In all these encounters I hear - not one person has stated that with all the love and gaiety, no one mentions the surety you have that you are totally unworthy.

22* But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23* To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24* And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Does this place look or sound familiar to you? It should as this is where Jesus Christ has bought us to. This is the general assembly and Church of the first born. This is Church, where all the body of Christ has been translated to. If you are not experiencing this then there is a problem in your spiritual growth. This is where the throne of grace is located in which we are told to come boldly to. This is where we have fellowship with all the saints in light.

More copy and paste, so now you have another question to answer,

Are you telling us your church is the same as this one?

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Heb 10:25

Do you really want us to believe that the writer of Hebrews was talking about just meeting together in Christ in Heaven, or was he instructing us to become a member of the body of Christ here on earth?

And are you trying to use that to establish you credibility to teach, I don't really think many in that .015% of believers in the worlds population will believe you, tell you what, why don't you start a thread and make of poll of how many here think like you, ...that we aren't called to meet in a local church, but just with Christ in Heaven.

Gene

Silk, you do
Up is down with you folks. JPT and I have said the charismatic movement is dangerous to the church - and such sayings as "slain in the spirit" "drunk in the spirit" "baptized withhave to believed first fire"come directly from this movement. This movement makes a mockery of the gifts and you accuse us of blasphemy to the HS??? It is dangerous because it is the main flow of the church these days......one thing we all agree on ----the narrow road to heaven is alot less crowded these days. Go with your feel good encounters with "HS" - the whistles and bells. Get your rewards here.
Silk, you do know that these things don't come on their own. They just don't just happen. The fire of the Holy Spirit, and what His presence brings have to be believed on first, then you experience them. You do not have worry about them in your life as you will never experience them, because you do not believe them.

More copy and paste, so now you have another question to answer,

Are you telling us your church is the same as this one?

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Heb 10:25

Do you really want us to believe that the writer of Hebrews was talking about just meeting together in Christ in Heaven, or was he instructing us to become a member of the body of Christ here on earth.

And are you trying to use that to establish you credibility to teach, I don't really think many in that .015% of believers in the worlds population will believe you, tell you what, why don't you start a thread and make of poll of how many here think like you, ...that we aren't called to meet in a local church, but just with Christ in Heaven.

Gene
So, we can take it that you do not believe you have be raised with Christ, and you do not believe you are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ? Right? We can also agree you have not been translated into His Kingdom? Right? You also do not believe you have come to Mt zion the city of the living God. Where exactly are you anyway? If you are not in any of these places then you can not be in Christ, because that is where He is, and so are we.

Silk, you do

Silk, you do know that these things don't come on their own. They just don't just happen. The fire of the Holy Spirit, and what His presence brings have to be believed on first, then you experience them. You do not have worry about them in your life as you will never experience them, because you do not believe them.

I know this was addressed to Silk, but in reference to the highlighted portion of your post, the 120 in the upper room didn't either, so how does that disqualify Silk?

And a careful reading of the verse will tell you it's a simile, because of the word as,

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

And the verse uses both words related to a simile in English grammar, like and as, so that there wouldn't be any misunderstanding to those that read it, so, please give us Scriptural references as to where this similitude of fire you are talking about fell on anyone else after the day of Pentecost.

Last edited:
Fire, in the Word, is generally meant as judgement, water means cleansing. I don't need to believe in these things because I believe in Christ. He saves me. I don't need the whistles and bells. I have felt the HS and my walk is with God. He isn't around for my entertainment. I know He loves me - He told me so - IN English

So, we can take it that you do not believe you have be raised with Christ, and you do not believe you are sitting in Heavenly places in Christ? Right? We can also agree you have not been translated into His Kingdom? Right? You also do not believe you have come to Mt zion the city of the living God. Where exactly are you anyway? If you are not in any of these places then you can not be in Christ, because that is where He is, and so are we.

I'm sorry this isn't meant to be condescending, but it is summer vacation, ...are you a kid somewhere with nothing better to do? Because your responses show a lack of adult maturity and comprehension of what the other person is saying.

Since you won't/can't answer my questions I will not respond any more to you, this a forum for responsible mature adult discussion, I won't participate in lowering the standards.

God and the Word are more than enough for me. No requirements to laugh for 3 hrs...or flop on the floor. I know what the HS feels like and I know that dancing in the aisle to the pulpit is flesh.

I'm sorry this isn't meant to be condescending, but it is summer vacation, ...are you a kid somewhere with nothing better to do? Because your responses show a lack of adult maturity and comprehension of what the other person is saying.

Since you won't/can't answer my questions I will not respond any more to you, this a forum for responsible mature adult discussion, I won't participate in lowering the standards.

Sorry Gene but you quoted CW and I don't see that post from him. God IS everywhere CW. You seem to be living in some kind of disneyland. You are saying things that are about things promised in the future -do you have your new body too? C'mon. Don't be telling me I'm "not in Christ" because you don't seem to know what He is about. You quote scripture with no understanding --- out of context to prove what? That you are one of God's "favorites"? That you are holy?

I don't know what you are talking about listening to the same old thing week after week, what's the same old thing, are you implying it's the Word?

I have been sent out, we are a missionary in a dark third world country, but I'm under authority and I am being feed daily, grace of this internet and podcasts, I can assure you I'm not listening to the same old thing week after week, I am growing in the grace, knowledge and love of my Lord Jesus Christ as we study through that old thing, book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, and we have come to learn that where we are in the Word is where we are in our lives, man..., the Word is alive, exciting, exhilarating, life giving wonderful, awesome, and Father has blessed me with teaching me a foreign language, French, to be able to compare Scripture with Scripture in two different languages, the subtil nuances that I have gleaned from reading the different French versions, ...it just blows my socks off!!!

I've already told you of how the Holy Spirit has worked through me in the miraculous, and as stupendous, magnificent, awe inspiring it was to watch Him preform a miracle using my hands, .....I wouldn't trade any of it for Him revealing to me the nuggets found in His Word, ...in the miraculous I experience His power, but in His Word I experience His Love as He is feeding my spirit.

Now, will you please answer my question?

Remember, I'm asking this in love, ...how can you expect me, or others to believe you, to have any credence in your words, that you have a intimate, close relationship with the Holy Spirit when you are in rebellion to what He has commanded?
In His Love,

Gene

My relationship with the Lord is based solely on what Jesus Christ has done for me by bringing me into my Father presence through his resurrection and presenting me in his sight without offense which you seem to not understand because of your inability to walk in the Spirit. Your mental physical mind has prevented you from experiencing God's Kingdom, in which you have already been translated into. I have fellowship with the Lord every single day of my life. I go to Church every single day where all the saints of God have been assembled together in the Heavenly Jerusalem. Where are you? Have you even attempted to believe this? I think not, as I can tell according to your words in which you are trying to accuse me of not having fellowship with the saints in light. I don't think you have a clue about spiritual things or in how God works or moves in his Children or His kingdom in which we are citizens of. You need to quit pointing the finger at someone else and examined to see if you are really in the faith. You say you have been sent out. Where do you go to Church. Where do you get your fellowship from, and who teaches you? What makes you think I have not been sent out, and who do you think teaches me? Maybe you need to take a reassessment of where you are, and who told you to go there.
As for me, I can not boast of anything the Lord has done through me as I am only a vessel. but I can boast in what the Lord has done, I can not take any credit for anything, as I have this treasure in an earthen vessel so the excellently of the power may be of God and not of myself.

Now that sounds like a kid who is going to take his ball away and go somewhere else to play. I can not help it if you are unable to understand spiritual things, and I am sure you have been around long enough to where you should understand more than the milk of the Word.
As I can see you have already broken your word and responded again to me after you said you would not. Make up your mind, and do not say things you don't mean.

I know this was addressed to Silk, but in reference to the highlighted portion of your post, the 120 in the upper room didn't either, so how does that disqualify Silk?

And a careful reading of the verse will tell you it's a simile, because of the word as,

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

And the verse uses both words related to a simile in English grammar, like and as, so that there wouldn't be any misunderstanding to those that read it, so, please give us Scriptural references as to where this similitude of fire you are talking about fell on anyone else after the day of Pentecost.

You are mistaken as those in the upper room were told by Jesus to tarry until they be endued with power from on high. They knew his Word and believed what he said to them. This promise was not only for the 120 but every single person who believes!

Luke 24:49 And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high."

Act 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me;
Act 1:5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

Act 2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For the promise is for you and for your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."

Sorry Gene but you quoted CW and I don't see that post from him. God IS everywhere CW. You seem to be living in some kind of disneyland. You are saying things that are about things promised in the future -do you have your new body too? C'mon. Don't be telling me I'm "not in Christ" because you don't seem to know what He is about. You quote scripture with no understanding --- out of context to prove what? That you are one of God's "favorites"? That you are holy?
No, I am living in what is known as the Kingdom of God. Where are you living today? Do you even know? What says the scriptures, or are you only believing in what someone told you to believe?

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Php 3:20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,

Col 1:12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.
Col 1:13 He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Do you have the spiritual guts to believe this?

God and the Word are more than enough for me. No requirements to laugh for 3 hrs...or flop on the floor. I know what the HS feels like and I know that dancing in the aisle to the pulpit is flesh.

Don't forget to tell King David when see him that you did not appreciate his dancing before the Lord when the ark of the Covenant was brought back to Jerusalem. He danced with ALL HIS MIGHT, and half Naked!!! You sound like "Michal" who thought that was to much over the top, and uncalled for. Something the Holy Spirit would never do!!!

2Sa 6:14 Wearing a linen ephod, David was dancing before the LORD with all his might,
2Sa 6:15 while he and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the LORD with shouts and the sound of trumpets.
2Sa 6:16 As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

2Sa 6:20 When David returned home to bless his household, Michal daughter of Saul came out to meet him and said, "How the king of Israel has distinguished himself today, going around half-naked in full view of the slave girls of his servants as any vulgar fellow would!"
2Sa 6:21 David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the LORD's people Israel--I will celebrate before the LORD.
2Sa 6:22 I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor."

1Ch 15:27 Now David was clothed in a robe of fine linen, as were all the Levites who were carrying the ark, and as were the musicians, and Kenaniah, who was in charge of the singing of the choirs. David also wore a linen ephod.
1Ch 15:28 So all Israel brought up the ark of the covenant of the LORD with shouts, with the sounding of rams' horns and trumpets, and of cymbals, and the playing of lyres and harps.
1Ch 15:29 As the ark of the covenant of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David dancing and celebrating, she despised him in her heart.

Neh 8:10 Then [Ezra] told them, Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet drink, and send portions to him for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back