Drunk In The Spirit Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its the Lord who calls me that based upon the righteousness of faith...maybe you heard of it?

Have I heard of righteousness of Faith or that God calls you righteous? Please do explain both and how that "dares" to question you.

Have I heard of righteousness of Faith or that God calls you righteous? Please do explain both and how that "dares" to question you.
Let me use Gods own words...

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you shall be blessed; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me, says the LORD.

Let me use Gods own words...

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you shall be blessed; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment, you shall condemn. This is the inheritance of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me, says the LORD.

So...you are a self proclaimed "righteous" man, right? Seems to me that the OT said alot more about the definition of righteous but let it go. Every person who accepts Christ as the Lord and Savior is righteous? Even when they are sinning? But wait - Jesus IS righteous, so does that make every Christian, righteous? I mean, whether they are sinning: lying..pride, whatever. So, no Christian can question one another----or disagree? Darn curious now.

So...you are a self proclaimed "righteous" man, right? Seems to me that the OT said alot more about the definition of righteous but let it go. Every person who accepts Christ as the Lord and Savior is righteous? Even when they are sinning? But wait - Jesus IS righteous, so does that make every Christian, righteous? I mean, whether they are sinning: lying..pride, whatever. So, no Christian can question one another----or disagree? Darn curious now.
If you are doing these things you should STOP!

Have you read the New Testament? This is pretty basic...its amazing how many folks don't understand the very simple precepts of the gospel?

Ro 5:17 For if by one man's offense death reigned by one, much more they who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by One, Jesus Christ.)

Last edited:
I have read the NT (and OT) a few times. You didn't answer my questions, tho. Are you claiming more righteousness than any other Christian? Is more Grace given to one than another? My understanding is we are at level ground at the foot of the Cross. I don't understand what you are saying. We could swap scripture but in my mind that always seems to lead to sculpting what I believe is the real Word of God. You may condescend all you like to explain it to me because I would really like to know.

I have read the NT (and OT) a few times. You didn't answer my questions, tho. Are you claiming more righteousness than any other Christian? Is more Grace given to one than another? My understanding is we are at level ground at the foot of the Cross. I don't understand what you are saying. We could swap scripture but in my mind that always seems to lead to sculpting what I believe is the real Word of God. You may condescend all you like to explain it to me because I would really like to know.
Righteousness is by faith, and most "Christians" don't really walk in faith..But I do and God is well-pleased with me and upholds me in His Grace. To walk in real faith in to walk in the Spirit and the confidence that comes to those who have earned boldness in the Lord and the Power of God.

Pr 28:1 ¶ The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion

"Earned"? And how is it you say that "most Christians" don't walk in faith? Because they don't walk the same as you? Your words are confusing. Doesn't God's grace, unmerited, extend to all who believe in Christ. Maybe I am having trouble because I don't know how you define faith. You seem to be saying you can "earn" faith. Is that what you are saying? It is in scripture that God was well pleased with Christ - how do you know, with "boldness" He is well pleased with you? Are you sinless?

"Earned"? And how is it you say that "most Christians" don't walk in faith? Because they don't walk the same as you? Your words are confusing. Doesn't God's grace, unmerited, extend to all who believe in Christ. Maybe I am having trouble because I don't know how you define faith. You seem to be saying you can "earn" faith. Is that what you are saying? It is in scripture that God was well pleased with Christ - how do you know, with "boldness" He is well pleased with you? Are you sinless?
Earned boldness..are you familiar with that scripture? Yes and without faith it is impossible to please God, but those who walk in faith have "earned" boldness in that faith.

Still no definition of faith...but all Christians have faith, don't they? And I said nothing about earning boldness but let's go with that. How is that "earned boldness" to be used?

1I don't accept that anyone on this forum is some kind of expert in the Holy Spirit and decides who is of God and who is not? 2I don't have anything to do with anything ungodly or this kudela thing you guys seem to be so afraid of? 3 I know the real power of God and knowing and having the real is the only way to really discern the false.

1 Except yourself.
2 But you posted a video with a man teaching in the church that does and you words tells us it of no concern or danger in or for the sheep in the church.
3 Yet you haven't given one single verse for authenticating what you practice without taking it out of it's original context and intention as spoken by the Holy Spirit.

You belittle me and my beliefs with some superior wisdom that has been given to you by God, but when confronted with Scripture that corrects 2 Tim 3:16 what you are saying you refuse to answer direct questions with a simple yes or no.

I'm finished here, we have provided Scriptural Truth and experiential evidence exposing this error in the church, without any Scriptural rebuttal presented in it's proper context to defend or authenticate it as coming from the Father.

Beloved, Paul warns us and we need to take heed,

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof,: ...from such turn away. 2Ti 3:1-5

He who has an ear hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church!

Blessings,

Gene

I have seen a lot of people being "drunk in the spirit". In my opinion this is not the work of the Holy Ghost because almost all of the churches in which I have seen this had been involved in some kind of scandal (their preacher had two wives, etc.). More importantly, this is not a Biblical manifestation of the Holy Spirit. Nowhere does it say that Peter or Paul were "drunk in the Spirit" and therefore rolled over on the ground laughing hysterically and mumbling incoherent things. What would be the purpose of these things? Why would the Holy Ghost produce such a pointless manifestation? I don't buy it and I would be extremely cautious if I saw these things within my congregation.

The pastors who practice these things normally allude to something called "the river of the spirit". It sounds like Hindu mysticism an I wouldn't be surprised if it is the kundalini spirit mentioned in this thread by other posters. In these churches in which people are "drunk in the spirit" there are people who wriggle like snakes. They told me that they can't control their bodies.

1 Except yourself.
2 But you posted a video with a man teaching in the church that does and you words tells us it of no concern or danger in or for the sheep in the church.
3 Yet you haven't given one single verse for authenticating what you practice without taking it out of it's original context and intention as spoken by the Holy Spirit.

You belittle me and my beliefs with some superior wisdom that has been given to you by God, but when confronted with Scripture that corrects 2 Tim 3:16 what you are saying you refuse to answer direct questions with a simple yes or no.

I'm finished here, we have provided Scriptural Truth and experiential evidence exposing this error in the church, without any Scriptural rebuttal presented in it's proper context to defend or authenticate it as coming from the Father.

Beloved, Paul warns us and we need to take heed,

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof,: ...from such turn away. 2Ti 3:1-5

He who has an ear hear what the Spirit is saying to the Church!

Blessings,

Gene
1. Yes I am ordained by God and the true Holy Spirit to know and teach the truth.
2. I posted a random video that spoke to the issue of the dead Church, if you have an issue with this fellow? Send him a e-mail.
3. I have used many scriptures on this thread and others in defense of the truth, and what I have used are in there correct and intended context. So not sure why your so upset that folks actually believe the biblical standards and the Power of the Holy Spirit?

I have seen a lot of people being "drunk in the spirit". In my opinion this is not the work of the Holy Ghost because almost all of the churches in which I have seen this had been involved in some kind of scandal (their preacher had two wives, etc.). More importantly, this is not a Biblical manifestation of the Holy Spirit. Nowhere does it say that Peter or Paul were "drunk in the Spirit" and therefore rolled over on the ground laughing hysterically and mumbling incoherent things. What would be the purpose of these things? Why would the Holy Ghost produce such a pointless manifestation? I don't buy it and I would be extremely cautious if I saw these things within my congregation.

The pastors who practice these things normally allude to something called "the river of the spirit". It sounds like Hindu mysticism an I wouldn't be surprised if it is the kundalini spirit mentioned in this thread by other posters. In these churches in which people are "drunk in the spirit" there are people who wriggle like snakes. They told me that they can't control their bodies.
Read your bible and if you folks don't have what the bible says you should have? Maybe your not in a good fellowship of believers and have not met the real Holy Spirit? The real Church has the power of God and not just words that men speak in religious tones.

Jude 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Still no definition of faith...but all Christians have faith, don't they? And I said nothing about earning boldness but let's go with that. How is that "earned boldness" to be used?
Again the scriptures define real faith..Im not doing a bible study to prove what should be common knowledge? And how does the scriptures describe the use of faith? You guys want to act as teachers to others but seem to have no knowledge of what is written?

Read your bible and if you folks don't have what the bible says you should have? Maybe your not in a good fellowship of believers and have not met the real Holy Spirit? The real Church has the power of God and not just words that men speak in religious tones.

I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but I do not believe in the "drunkenness of the spirit" or in what some people call "the rest in the spirit". These supernatural manifestations have no Biblical foundations and are actually pointless. They provide no edification. They are simply a mixture of strong emotions and sensations. In my opinion, that's very different from the work of the Holy Spirit, who always does what he does with the purpose of edifying the believers and of revealing the character of God.

My poor mocked one. I have esword too and I want to learn. You avoid direct questions and when asked what you mean you quote out of context scripture. There is too much "I" in your faiiiiiiith, IMO.

I believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but I do not believe in the "drunkenness of the spirit" or in what some people call "the rest in the spirit". These supernatural manifestations have no Biblical foundations and are actually pointless. They provide no edification. They are simply a mixture of strong emotions and sensations. In my opinion, that's very different from the work of the Holy Spirit, who always does what he does with the purpose of edifying the believers and of revealing the character of God.
Well these are just terms that could mean a lot of things to a lot of folks, but when the REAL HOLY SPIRIT falls upon a group of hungry believers, things don't look like these dead religious folks want things to look. And if some of you see errors in some things? Don't defame the Spirit of God to prove some point about how spiritual you are. If you have never been in a real service with the real Power of Gods Spirit, you in no position to judge all these things as you should be. Yes this kundilia stuff is crazy and there are a lot of nuts and flakes, but some on this thread are near to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. But there seems to be little fear of God among those who speak evil against the Holy Spirit?

My poor mocked one. I have esword too and I want to learn. You avoid direct questions and when asked what you mean you quote out of context scripture. There is too much "I" in your faiiiiiiith, IMO.
Well open it up and do a key word study on the word "faith" and boldness...and tomorrow we will discuss what you have learned..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back