Annihilationism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this thread is full of love!

Why is it that the only threads that get more than a couple of pages here are the ones where people want to insult each other?
Mitspa, you can say that you're not throwing personal insults all you like but the reality is you're just being passive aggressive about it.
Look guys you are being dishonest in the Word...of course you don't like it when you get reproved... stop it and you wont get corrected...its that simple

Don't have to explain it ...I posted the scripture you misquoted...its that simple!

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Ok, to "misquote" I would have to have quoted it in the first place. "Death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death." Is Hades destroyed? Tormented? Something else...?

What I spoke to regarding sheol/hades has not been addressed.

1. Hades/sheol will give up its dead on the day of judgement (Rev 20.13).
2. Hades/sheol will be thrown into the lake of fire on the day of judgement (Rev 20:14).

Therefore,

3. Hades is a temporary location of the dead, not a permanent one.
4. Hades is not the lake of fire.

Therefore,

Eternal conscious torment in the lake of fire cannot be substantiated by appeals to passages about hades (Luke 16, et al).
Yes it has...you just don't like how we have judged your ability to bring together the truth of scripture....God is not in Hell! Lets start with that error and then move in a systematic way to your many other errors.

Ok, to "misquote" I would have to have quoted it in the first place. "Death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death." Is Hades destroyed? Tormented? Something else...?
See again that makes no biblical sense and is just an attempt to confuse the issue! You have been caught misquoting the scriptures and now you are just trying to deflect the issue into a meaningless direction to cover your error..

Furthermore, common sense leads to the conclusion that nonexistence is not better than existence since nonexistence is nothing at all—as Norman Geisler aptly puts it, “to affirm that nothing can be better than something is a gigantic category mistake.” It also is crucial to recognize that not all existence in hell is equal.

I have already clearly stated in post #95 that annihilation is not better that eternal conscious torment. It is worse. But it is still justice.

I actually didn't quote scripture- I gave the interpretation that death and hades are destroyed in the lake of fire. I'm still waiting for your exegesis on that passage...

Exegesis on Rev. 20:10????

My dear brother...read it!!!

The fact is simple. The instigator to sin ever since the Garden of Eden is dealt with. His final doom is the "Lake of Fire", unthinkable torment. It will be ETERNAL and irreversible because the beast and the false prophet who were cast into the lake of fire before the Millennium are still there.

Read the verse!!! If there was such a thing as annihilation would the beast and false prophet still be there???????

They will be preserved in judgment but NOT ANNIHILATED!!!! There will be never ending mental agony and physical suffering. Skeptics make fun of such teaching and scoff at the concept of anyone being able to be preserved in fire. BUT..........
the same God we are talking about did in fact preserve the 3 Hebrew boys in the furnace did He not???

I have a question. Can the people that hold the ECT view at least admit that there is a at least a small biblical argument to be made? You guys are saying that we can't just discount verses that teach ECT yet you guys are ignoring pretty much everything David said in Psalms about what happens to wicked people.

Mitspa, we aren't trying to pervert or twist anything. When I read and study the Bible I am looking for the truth. Just because someone comes to a different conclusion than you doesn't mean they are false teachers trying to lead people astray.

See again that makes no biblical sense and is just an attempt to confuse the issue! You have been caught misquoting the scriptures and now you are just trying to deflect the issue into a meaningless direction to cover your error..

Huh? It seems I've only reposted the question I posted in my original post, and which still hasn't been answered... yet I'm the one deflecting the issue... Are you going to answer the question or not? What happens to Hades when it is thrown into the lake of fire?

I have a question. Can the people that hold the ECT view at least admit that there is a at least a small biblical argument to be made? You guys are saying that we can't just discount verses that teach ECT yet you guys are ignoring pretty much everything David said in Psalms about what happens to wicked people.

Mitspa, we aren't trying to pervert or twist anything. When I read and study the Bible I am looking for the truth. Just because someone comes to a different conclusion than you doesn't mean they are false teachers trying to lead people astray.
Hey I came to this issue with an open mind..and willing to consider the views you guys hold.. I have seen the misuse of scripture and pointed out some clear errors.. A doctrine that needs to be defended in this way cannot be sound!

And yet
Exegesis on Rev. 20:10????

My dear brother...read it!!!

The fact is simple. The instigator to sin ever since the Garden of Eden is dealt with. His final doom is the "Lake of Fire", unthinkable torment. It will be ETERNAL and irreversible because the beast and the false prophet who were cast into the lake of fire before the Millennium are still there.

Read the verse!!! If there was such a thing as annihilation would the beast and false prophet still be there???????

They will be preserved in judgment but NOT ANNIHILATED!!!! There will be never ending mental agony and physical suffering. Skeptics make fun of such teaching and scoff at the concept of anyone being able to be preserved in fire. BUT..........
the same God we are talking about did in fact preserve the 3 Hebrew boys in the furnace did He not???

And yet in speaking of people thrown into the lake of fire it's defined as "the second death". And other non-personal entities (death and hades) are destroyed in the fire... I'm sorry, but I'm not going to base my entire theology of what happens to the wicked after the judgement on a single verse which speaks of the devil, the beast and the false prophet...

And just to be clear, the exegesis I was (and still am) waiting for was of Rev 20:14-15)

Common sense dictates

Common sense dictates as well there are degrees of offense, of culpability….

There are those eternally tormented day and night: devils, false prophet, and those that worship the beast.

There are those who will not eternally tormented day and night.

Huh? It seems I've only reposted the question I posted in my original post, and which still hasn't been answered... yet I'm the one deflecting the issue... Are you going to answer the question or not? What happens to Hades when it is thrown into the lake of fire?
I don't have to answer you, as if you have authority over the this issue and how I choose to discuss my views? Your question is not worthy of a answer...its purpose is to deflect from your own error...that's my answer!

Hey I came to this issue with an open mind..and willing to consider the views you guys hold.. I have seen the misuse of scripture and pointed out some clear errors.. A doctrine that needs to be defended in this way cannot be sound!

Now this is the KEY! Right here in this post is the answer that Mitspa has given.

Anytime that something has to be worked so hard at, and which causes so much emotion which is highly negative and getting more personal all the time.......IT CAN NOT BE GOOD OR RIGHT OR CORRECT.

This is exactly what I warned about on the very 1st page of this thread and we are right now in the middle of that thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back