Three Lesbian Women 'marry' Each Other, Claim To Be World's First 'throuple'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It strikes me as extreme self-righteousness to call myself "the godly".

Not at all. It is right thinking and agreeing with God about who we are in Christ. We need to be seeking it.

2 Peter 1:3-7 (NLT)
3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
5 In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, 6 and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, 7 and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone.

Last edited:
Well you said YOU was not Godly! I am Godly and that's why you attack me and others and promote sin and wickedness.

I don't consider myself "godly". I am just a follower of Jesus and I recognize that I am a sinner. God may consider me righteous because of my faith in Christ, but I wouldn't go as far as to call myself "godly".

I don't consider myself "godly". I am just a follower of Jesus and I recognize that I am a sinner. God may consider me righteous because of my faith in Christ, but I wouldn't go as far as to call myself "godly".

That is a problem. God doesn't see us as sinners. It is a brand of false humility to declare that we are sinners, and to hold fast to such a designation! Nowhere does the word of God call those who belong to Christ and have been changed by the grace of God---sinners.

That is a problem. God doesn't see us as sinners. it is a brand of false humility to declare that we are sinners. Nowhere does the word of God call those who belong to Christ and have been changed by the grace of God---sinners.

Declaring that we are sinners is just recognizing what we really are. Read 1 John 1:8-9.

Declaring that we are sinners is just recognizing what we really are. Read 1 John 1:8-9.

You have deceived yourself. We are no longer sinners, but redeemed and righteous in God's eyes, as we have been forgiven of ALL our sin---past, present and future.

You have deceived yourself. We are no longer sinners, but righteous in God's eyes, as we have been forgiven of ALL our sin---past, present and future.

We are righteous in God's eyes, but we are not righteous in practice. Do you think that it would be sensible for a murderer to say "I am completely innocent!" just because another man has been condemned in his place? We are like that murderer.

We are righteous in God's eyes, but we are not righteous in practice. Do you think that it would be sensible for a murderer to say "I am completely innocent!" just because another man has been condemned in his place? We are like that murderer.

It goes without even saying that we still battle with the remnant inner man that sometimes succumbs to sin, but God sees us as His righteous children.

We are not like that murderer, because although we may be guilty according to law, God's justification says we never did it!

Actually, I do speak for God, as do all born again believers.We are His ambassadors and have been given the authority of Jesus Christ. I expect you will be corrected about your viewpoint many times until you give Jesus Christ full reign in your life.
I feel very strongly that you are misrepresenting both his words and his intentions.

I feel very strongly that you are misrepresenting both his words and his intentions.

It's a good thing that feelings are not anything we can depend on for truth-telling, because they are lying to you right now. I've never committed that particular sin, so you may want to try to attack me another way.

We as Christians have sin, and that sin is in our flesh, not in ourselves. When we do stumble and sin it is not us doing it, but sin that is dwelling in us. As long as we are living in a physical body sin always will be present in our flesh. The man that became born again can never sin because that person is Christ, and he is our new life. Learning to let this new man take control of our lives takes a lifetime to learn.

2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1Co 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
1Co 6:10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

1Jn 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

Well if I had beliefs that promoted sin and perversions, I would not call myself godly either.

Well because you do not "practice" righteousness does not mean that others do not! And the grace of God is not an excuse for sinfulness and wickedness, but is the power to overcome these things.

do you guys not live in the truth of the scriptures? How can you call yourself a Christian, if you do not obey the truth?

Ro 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Well because you do not "practice" righteousness does not mean that others do not! And the grace of God is not an excuse for sinfulness and wickedness, but is the power to overcome these things.

Nobody is just, and this is not my personal opinion, but God's plain words: Job 15:14. Also, I recognize the fact that homosexuality is a sin, but I also like to stress the fact that self-righteousness is also a sin.

Nobody is just, and this is not my personal opinion, but God's plain words: Job 15:14. Also, I recognize the fact that homosexuality is a sin, but I also like to stress the fact that self-righteousness is also a sin.
well your just wrong!

1Jo 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

It's a good thing that feelings are not anything we can depend on for truth-telling, because they are lying to you right now. I've never committed that particular sin, so you may want to try to attack me another way.
It isn't an attack. I stand up against hatred when I see it. I'm seeing it now. I highly doubt this is what Jesus called on you to do.

do you guys not live in the truth of the scriptures? How can you call yourself a Christian, if you do not obey the truth?
Truth is clearly subjective in this case then. Faith is not truth, and the two should never be confused.
And if God hates all the same things you do, you should probably re-examine your faith.

Get out of Job and into the New Testament. Job and his false comforters can be misinterpreted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back