The Rising of Babylon

Isn't Iraq practically run by Iran?
Yes, for the USA put in a Shi-ite leader (Iran`s majority) over a Sunni population. Not a good mix. However, when God deals with Iran, (Persia) with the Russian Federation soon, then most of Islam will be Sunni and ready for their great leader to arise.

Yes, for the USA put in a Shi-ite leader (Iran`s majority) over a Sunni population. Not a good mix. However, when God deals with Iran, (Persia) with the Russian Federation soon, then most of Islam will be Sunni and ready for their great leader to arise.
That is called by Muslims as the........"Mahdi".

It should be noted that The Quran does not mention him and his expected arrival comes from Isalm "traditions".

We might think of him as the Anti-Christ or type there of.

Hello Major;

In Revelation 14, 16, 17 and 18, John's prophecy is referring to Rome and enemy nations of God with the "oppressive attitude of Babylon" but not literally. It is my understanding John was careful not to directly refer to Romans in his writing who were the enemy of the Jews.

God bless
you, brother.

That is true. That means then that John was referring to a Literal place.

Biblically speaking then, I think we need to grasp that Babylon can be a city or a nation. Though it is at times referred to as a woman, we know for sure that it is not the church.

Prophetically speaking, especially in the New Test. it symbolizes a worldly system that opposses God and His plan. We must be careful to discern from the "Context" in which Babylon is seen so the we can grasp which interpretation is intended.

My experience in this over the years has show that Babylon siginifies a Nation. Even when it suggests a city, we have to remember that God often uses the name of a city to represent the entire nation.

Hmmm..........Zechariah 5:11 and Isaiah 13 talk of prophecies against Babylon ever existing again.

But Revelation 14:8, 16:19, and chapters 17-18 talk about the fall of Babylon in the End Times.

So then, is the prophecy of Babylon n the Revelation literal or spiritual seems to be the question.

It seems the literal city of Babylon will again exist in the land of Shinar for these prophecies to take place. The remains of ancient Babylon are found in present-day Iraq about 55 miles south of Baghdad.

I read somewhere that salt water intrusion is causing the brick mortar to disintegrate.???

It's both spiritual and literal. For the earth to bemoan the fall of Babylon, that is the physical, which is yet to happen. Babylon was never destroyed in the past. It only fell into ruins due to abandonment from the economic collapse after that empire came to an end.

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

Thank you for following up with The Rising of Babylon. In your previous post, "So, the question remains...what event in the past can be pointed at as an event of God's destructive judgement of Babylon? That question is legitimized on the basis of the fact that they are indeed using the ancient stones of the ancient structures to rebuild new structures in Babylon right now. It's highly likely that the bemoaning of the fall of Babylon by the world will be in reference to both spiritual and physical Babylon."

I'm holding on to God's Word in Jeremiah 25:12 as the point of the past making Babylon desolate forever. If the Iraqi government and archaeologists are taking ancient stones to rebuild Babylon for the purpose of a monument attraction or political then I can see that.

It's my understanding Missler did acknowledge the rumors of plagiarism, he apologized and attempted to make it right regarding his books that were distributed. We may see the Missler issue differently, Musicmaster, but the bigger picture is this;

If there is a consolation to God's Word in today's times regarding the future of Babylon resurfacing, then that will be valuable information to all of us.

I will confess I don't understand the value of a governmental Iraq attempting to rebuild ancient or rebirth Babylon over the last 50 years, except for historical monument attraction and politics. Almost 100% of Iraq is not of the Christian faith, but of Muslim, Kurds, mixes of Mandean belief intertwined with conflict daily. How could this set of beliefs be ordained to receive a vision from God and establish prophecy for the future?

With all the other devastation going on today, China's threat to Taiwan, Russian conflict in Ukraine and the horrific fighting in Israel, Gaza and it's surrounding neighbors, these happenings are unfolding which is why the Scriptures reveal God's love and redemptive plan, the most important one by sending Jesus to us at the time revealed by prophecy then and the future.

Respectfully,
MM, I do appreciate you sharing this topic which gives us all a lot to think about.

God bless
you, brother, and your ministry.

Missler's explanation seems plausible as to why that city is being rebuilt, and will eventually be destroyed for the first time in all its history, which is yet future to us now, and at what point that prophecy will be fulfilled.

MM

It's both spiritual and literal. For the earth to bemoan the fall of Babylon, that is the physical, which is yet to happen. Babylon was never destroyed in the past. It only fell into ruins due to abandonment from the economic collapse after that empire came to an end.

MM
Missler's explanation seems plausible as to why that city is being rebuilt, and will eventually be destroyed for the first time in all its history, which is yet future to us now, and at what point that prophecy will be fulfilled.

MM

Hello Musicmaster;

I respect your support for Missler, thus your reason for posting his video. I also respect your understanding as Babylon never destroyed.

I'm happy The Rising of Babylon has stimulated interest and discussion in this topic.

God bless you, brother, and your entire family.

Hello Musicmaster;

I respect your support for Missler, thus your reason for posting his video. I also respect your understanding as Babylon never destroyed.

I'm happy The Rising of Babylon has stimulated interest and discussion in this topic.

God bless you, brother, and your entire family.

Thanks, Bob. Just so you know, I'm not a fan of any one teacher out there. Those who have a deep, abiding love for the word of God have my support for those things that find support within the texts of scripture, but I also disagree with all of them on some points at various places throughout. I don't think any of us here agree with all the others here on every point, so it's not remarkable that we all have various disagreements with others outside this circle. :)

For example, I disagree with Major that he just won the Mister Universe Pageant...:confused:

(snicker, snicker)

Is that what they call "Hit-n-run?"

MM

Given that Revelation tells us that ALL sea life will be wiped out, I wonder if all that life will be restored going into the Millennium... I get the impression that such a massive earthquake will be the result of the continents being pushed back together into what was called Pangea before the flood, which is the point at which the continents began to drift apart to the places where they are now.

So, anyway, Babylon will likely be wiped out by a nuke of whatever size it would take to make the area desolate, and never rebuilt again by any stretch of the imagination.

MM

Thanks, Bob. Just so you know, I'm not a fan of any one teacher out there. Those who have a deep, abiding love for the word of God have my support for those things that find support within the texts of scripture, but I also disagree with all of them on some points at various places throughout. I don't think any of us here agree with all the others here on every point, so it's not remarkable that we all have various disagreements with others outside this circle. :)

For example, I disagree with Major that he just won the Mister Universe Pageant...:confused:

(snicker, snicker)

Is that what they call "Hit-n-run?"

MM

WHAT?????????

You don't belive that I won it????

1699283435315.png

Here is the proof!

Being near the end of the great tribulation I don't think anyone would have time to even try to rebuild it.

Yes, that did occur to me as well. Good point.

But, hey, it's still a legitimate prophecy, given that it speaks to the rebuilding in order for it to have been destroyed to the point of never being inhabited again.

MM

Read Jeremiah 51 and compare it to Revelation 18. I think these may be the same event.
There are actually two manifestations of Babylon, one religious and one commercial or material.

Both are under the rule of Antichrist, and have ruling queens; both are filled with blasphemy; both hate the saints, and shed their blood; both are associates with kings in fornication; and both are under judgment and destroyed.

Mystery Babylon of Rev, 17 has a Symbol: Harlot woman.
It is Identified with Rome (inland).
It has a Woman, whore, mother.
It is Guilty of religious abominations.
It is Destroyed by a political power that previous supported her.

Commercial Babylon of Rev. 18 has a Symbol: Great city.
It is Identified with a port city (coastal).
It has Habitation, great city, marketplace.
It is Guilty of greed and self-indulgence.
It is Destroyed by sudden act of God.

Back