The Rising of Babylon

The city Babylon is being raised up, folks, right there in Iraq. They are even using some of the original, ancient stones from the former days of that city. Given that there is a prophecy that Babylon will be destroyed, and that not one stone of that city will ever be used again, that is yet future to us now.

It has also been found out that they are building the largest fiber-optic hub in the world 50 miles south of Baghdad, which will handle all the internet traffic for all of Asia, middle-East, Africa, Eastern and Western Europe.

There's also a White Paper that was circulated around the UN that they are considering moving the UN over to Babylon, which is an ever increasing tourist attraction. It's a growing city.

Things are ramping up and happening in our lifetimes.

Saddam Hussein began rebuilding the city with the intent of moving his capital there. This is talked about in the book by Jerry Jenkins and Tim Lahey titled "Are we living in the end times?"

Hello Musicmaster;

It is my understanding Babylon is a tourist attraction today, it became an everlasting wasteland by God immediately after the 70 years of rule reference Jeremiah 25:12. In Jeremiah 50 and Cyrus' conquest, Babylon went through a long decline as a city through the centuries and eventually buried in the sand only to be re-discovered by archaeologists.

Toward the end of seminary we touched briefly on Chuck Missler. As an author he had to retract a couple of books (plagiarism?) and pull his books off the shelves and online. This hurt his credibility in defending his prophecy or claim.

Please present (your teaching,) - clear evidence of a city that will be destroyed and is today future for us now.

God bless you, brother.

Hello Musicmaster;

It is my understanding Babylon is a tourist attraction today, it became an everlasting wasteland by God immediately after the 70 years of rule reference Jeremiah 25:12. In Jeremiah 50 and Cyrus' conquest, Babylon went through a long decline as a city through the centuries and eventually buried in the sand only to be re-discovered by archaeologists.

Toward the end of seminary we touched briefly on Chuck Missler. As an author he had to retract a couple of books (plagiarism?) and pull his books off the shelves and online. This hurt his credibility in defending his prophecy or claim.

Please present (your teaching,) - clear evidence of a city that will be destroyed and is today future for us now.

God bless you, brother.

Greetings, Bob.

As Chuck pointed out in his video above, Babylon was never destroyed in the sense of what scripture points out as a future event. The ancient city still serves a purpose for the epicenter of the whorish, world religion that is in the process of forming and arising this very day.

Granted, whatever Chuck did in the past that may or may not have ever been proven in court as being plagiarized, which it was not, I take that as merely an accusation. We all have seen great men of integrity accused of various things, only to discredit them. I did a search, and cannot find anything about a court of law where that accusation was proven in 1992 apart from mere accusations and rumors of accusations.

Since that time, Chuck has evolved his insights in the contexts of modern fulfillments that could never have ever been possible in the past.

So, the question remains...what event in the past can be pointed at as an event of God's destructive judgement of Babylon? That question is legitimized on the basis of the fact that they are indeed using the ancient stones of the ancient structures to rebuild new structures in Babylon right now. It's highly likely that the bemoaning of the fall of Babylon by the world will be in reference to both spiritual and physical Babylon.

Does that make sense?

MM

Last edited:
Hello Musicmaster;

Thank you for following up with The Rising of Babylon. In your previous post, "So, the question remains...what event in the past can be pointed at as an event of God's destructive judgement of Babylon? That question is legitimized on the basis of the fact that they are indeed using the ancient stones of the ancient structures to rebuild new structures in Babylon right now. It's highly likely that the bemoaning of the fall of Babylon by the world will be in reference to both spiritual and physical Babylon."

I'm holding on to God's Word in Jeremiah 25:12 as the point of the past making Babylon desolate forever. If the Iraqi government and archaeologists are taking ancient stones to rebuild Babylon for the purpose of a monument attraction or political then I can see that.

It's my understanding Missler did acknowledge the rumors of plagiarism, he apologized and attempted to make it right regarding his books that were distributed. We may see the Missler issue differently, Musicmaster, but the bigger picture is this;

If there is a consolation to God's Word in today's times regarding the future of Babylon resurfacing, then that will be valuable information to all of us.

I will confess I don't understand the value of a governmental Iraq attempting to rebuild ancient or rebirth Babylon over the last 50 years, except for historical monument attraction and politics. Almost 100% of Iraq is not of the Christian faith, but of Muslim, Kurds, mixes of Mandean belief intertwined with conflict daily. How could this set of beliefs be ordained to receive a vision from God and establish prophecy for the future?

With all the other devastation going on today, China's threat to Taiwan, Russian conflict in Ukraine and the horrific fighting in Israel, Gaza and it's surrounding neighbors, these happenings are unfolding which is why the Scriptures reveal God's love and redemptive plan, the most important one by sending Jesus to us at the time revealed by prophecy then and the future.

Respectfully,
MM, I do appreciate you sharing this topic which gives us all a lot to think about.

God bless
you, brother, and your ministry.

The Future Babylon Project.

Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the area around Babylon came under the control of US forces. Much damage was done by military vehicles; however, the US are now working with Iraq leaders to restore Babylon.

This project is called the Future Babylon project. (2009)

Those involved will involve the local community and work to create a sustainable situation. Jeff Allen of the US side said, “The idea is to develop something that is going to be here 30 – 40 years from now and has benefits for the local people. We don`t want something that will only benefit outsiders.”

“If you have 200, 000 people a year coming to this site, you will have people staying at hotels, visiting restaurants, buying souvenirs,”
Allen said. “The site is in some ways a revenue generator for the local community.”

The State Board of Antiquities and Heritage (SBAH) is the main authority responsible for the conservation of the archeological site. They are assisted by Antiquity and Heritage Police and maintain a permanent presence there.

The World Monuments Fund is also involved in research and conservation. The SBAH Provincial Inspectorate headquarters is located within the boundaries of the ancient inner-city walls on the east side and several staff members and their families reside in subsidized housing in this area.

The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is spending millions of dollars into protecting and restoring – Babylon and some other ancient ruins. UNESCO has printed up a well-produced brochure, with Babylon listed as the premier destination, to hand out to wealthy donors.

The Babylon project is Iraq`s biggest and most ambitious by far, reflection of the ancient city`s fame and its resonance in Iraq`s modern political and cultural heritage.

Palmyra got ruined by Islamic State terrorists. They destroyed lots of artefacts and ruins and so I am glad Iraq is back in business for the local community can thrive on a bustling place full of tourists. It’s good for the economy and for their livelihood. People want to know the historic Iraq.

If the Iraqi government and archaeologists are taking ancient stones to rebuild Babylon for the purpose of a monument attraction or political then I can see that.
The Future Babylon Project.
Following the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the area around Babylon came under the control of US forces. Much damage was done by military vehicles; however, the US are now working with Iraq leaders to restore Babylon. This project is called the Future Babylon project. (2009) The Babylon project is Iraq`s biggest and most ambitious by far, reflection of the ancient city`s fame and its resonance in Iraq`s modern political and cultural heritage.
“If you have 200, 000 people a year coming to this site, you will have people staying at hotels, visiting restaurants, buying souvenirs,” Allen said. “The site is in some ways a revenue generator for the local community.”
Palmyra got ruined by Islamic State terrorists. They destroyed lots of artefacts and ruins and so I am glad Iraq is back in business for the local community can thrive on a bustling place full of tourists. It’s good for the economy and for their livelihood. People want to know the historic Iraq.

Thank you, Marilyn and Via.

`Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown down and shall not be fond anymore. " ` (Rev. 18: 21)

`Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "Thus with violence the great city Babylon shall be thrown down and shall not be fond anymore. " ` (Rev. 18: 21)
Hmmm..........Zechariah 5:11 and Isaiah 13 talk of prophecies against Babylon ever existing again.

But Revelation 14:8, 16:19, and chapters 17-18 talk about the fall of Babylon in the End Times.

So then, is the prophecy of Babylon n the Revelation literal or spiritual seems to be the question.

It seems the literal city of Babylon will again exist in the land of Shinar for these prophecies to take place. The remains of ancient Babylon are found in present-day Iraq about 55 miles south of Baghdad.

I read somewhere that salt water intrusion is causing the brick mortar to disintegrate.???

Hmmm..........Zechariah 5:11 and Isaiah 13 talk of prophecies against Babylon ever existing again.

But Revelation 14:8, 16:19, and chapters 17-18 talk about the fall of Babylon in the End Times.

So then, is the prophecy of Babylon n the Revelation literal or spiritual seems to be the question.

It seems the literal city of Babylon will again exist in the land of Shinar for these prophecies to take place. The remains of ancient Babylon are found in present-day Iraq about 55 miles south of Baghdad.

I read somewhere that salt water intrusion is causing the brick mortar to disintegrate.???
Is that literal or spiritual salt water? (tongue in cheek)

Hello Major;

In Revelation 14, 16, 17 and 18, John's prophecy is referring to Rome and enemy nations of God with the "oppressive attitude of Babylon" but not literally. It is my understanding John was careful not to directly refer to Romans in his writing who were the enemy of the Jews.

God bless
you, brother.

Hello Major;

In Revelation 14, 16, 17 and 18, John's prophecy is referring to Rome and enemy nations of God with the "oppressive attitude of Babylon" but not literally. It is my understanding John was careful not to directly refer to Romans in his writing who were the enemy of the Jews.

God bless
you, brother.
Hi Bob,

God has judged the government of Rome long ago.

The Grand Port of Faw.

The Grand Faw is the port under construction on the coast of Iraq, on the northern tip of the Persian Gulf. The port is considered a strategic national project for Iraq and will become one of the largest ports in the world and the largest in the Middle east. It will also strengthen Iraq`s geopolitical position in the region and the world.

The port will also help create a shorter transportation corridor between the Middle East and Europe, bypassing the Suez Canal, through the eventual expansion of a national rail network. It has the potential to become a formidable trade and trans-shipment hub, making Iraq an economic bridge linking it to the world.

The project aims to establish 100 berths for loading and unloading different types of goods, construct power plants, water desalination plants, construct a container area more than one square km in size, and a multi-purpose yard with an area of 600 sq. km. As well as the construction of refineries for oil derivatives, a petrochemical plant, and expanding the railway network.

1699136030365.png

A breakwater, costing around $1bn, has already been completed and is now the longest breakwater in the world. Then in 2010 it was announced that the first stage was completed with the construction of five main piers.

By 2028 the port will be able to move about 36 million tonnes of containerized freight about 22 million tonnes of dry bulk. The quays will be around 7km long, and the harbour will be 18m deep, which will allow the port to accommodate any container ship now operating.

Back