• No killing infants is wrong and can never be justified

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
True...

Sometimes I heard that the Bible is mistranslated too...

Also, how did the writers of the Bible even knew always that it's God? Satan or a devil or demon can impersonate God and tell things, and a Christian is actually not always sure if God is saying something or not...
Great point. Maybe certain pars of the Bible were influenced and infiltrated by Satan himself!

???? You two clearly do not know verses every Christian should know.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
2 Pet 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
Rev 22:19 And if anyone ('Christians' included!) takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

The devil wants you to think scripture has faults and that God is evil. Scripture is perfect and God is good. Your understanding is the shortfall. Our brains mostly are. In time, hopefully you both will see the bigger picture. Doubting scripture is the first step to losing your faith. If you prayed, God would help you understand.

How rude!

I am not lost, or your friend and neither am I bitter. I see a kind of bitterness or obnoxiousness in your persistence in your stream of thought. I think you do need some help in dealing with this question that is perplexing you. It isn't rude----it is what a helpful person would perceive and say. One who is asking for the help would be glad and humble to receive it.

So...you are either truly perplexed and want an answer, or you are determined to castigate God for what you cannot comprehend. Which is it?

As for Judgment Day...I won't be there, as the righteous will not be judged, for their sins have all been washed away by the blood of the Lamb, never to be remembered.

Euphemia, there are people here who have genuine questions about how to reconcile a disparity they see between God in the Old Testament and God in the New Testament and all you can do is talk about how they're wrong and how you are so perfect that you get to avoid judgment day. Really?

Mike, I read some of your posts and I want to hopefully bring some understanding to your concerns. And I apologize for Euphemia's rudeness to your concerns.

First, let me begin by saying that your speculations that the God of the Old Testament is different from the New Testament are echoes of an old unorthodox group of Christian called Gnostics, who, like you, though Jesus was greater than the Jewish Creator God. This came in light of a widespread misunderstanding of Jesus' divinity which was resolved in the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. There, they stated unequivocally that Jesus, the Son of God, was co-equal, co-substantial, and co-eternal with God the Father. So first accept as truth that the Son and the Father are of one substance and one will.

Now, understand that God gives life, and God can take life away.

God, however, does not take away life arbitrarily. Nor will He interfere with the free will of another human being, this is perhaps the most coveted rule God holds.

God sent several plagues warning Pharaoh of the imminent disaster should he continue in his ways, and yet he still did. So...

God did what was necessary to bring His people out of Egypt. As He is all-knowing, the death of the first borns of Egypt was the only way to accomplish this. But remember this:

If God had not rescued His people, we would have no Messiah to save us from death ourselves.

Euphemia, there are people here who have genuine questions about how to reconcile a disparity they see between God in the Old Testament and God in the New Testament and all you can do is talk about how they're wrong and how you are so perfect that you get to avoid judgment day. Really?

No, not really.

I want Mike to deal with reality. Any death, even brutal does not mean God is not with us.

Well after reading through your nasty judgmental comments I want to correct in you saying that I never said God wasn't with us when someone dies especially in the case where he murders innocent children, he was right there doing it himself.

Mike, I read some of your posts and I want to hopefully bring some understanding to your concerns. And I apologize for Euphemia's rudeness to your concerns.

First, let me begin by saying that your speculations that the God of the Old Testament is different from the New Testament are echoes of an old unorthodox group of Christian called Gnostics, who, like you, though Jesus was greater than the Jewish Creator God. This came in light of a widespread misunderstanding of Jesus' divinity which was resolved in the First Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. There, they stated unequivocally that Jesus, the Son of God, was co-equal, co-substantial, and co-eternal with God the Father. So first accept as truth that the Son and the Father are of one substance and one will.

Now, understand that God gives life, and God can take life away.

God, however, does not take away life arbitrarily. Nor will He interfere with the free will of another human being, this is perhaps the most coveted rule God holds.

God sent several plagues warning Pharaoh of the imminent disaster should he continue in his ways, and yet he still did. So...

God did what was necessary to bring His people out of Egypt. As He is all-knowing, the death of the first borns of Egypt was the only way to accomplish this. But remember this:

If God had not rescued His people, we would have no Messiah to save us from death ourselves.

Thank you murphy, I appreciate your kind words. I understand perfectly what you are saying expect that Jesus is God, there is no difference. Secondly I can't help but wonder if there was a better way to free the enslaved jews from Egypt, being that God is omnipotent there are an endless amount of ways that he could have freed the jews instead of having innocent children slaughtered. Peace and love unto you friend.

Well after reading through your nasty judgmental comments I want to correct in you saying that I never said God wasn't with us when someone dies especially in the case where he murders innocent children, he was right there doing it himself.

God has never committed murder. Assigning sin to God is an evil thing in itself.

Discussion would be easier if you just discussed and canned the 'judgmental remarks'.

As for the underlined....The cruel deaths of the many early Christian martyrs were Nero's or God's doing?

Don't forget God's first words to Paul Acts 26:14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.

We can learn a lot from the early Christian martyrs! ...the fact that Christianity survived / came out stronger! and the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego...being burnt alive in the furnace.

Another man who died in these early years of the church was named JUSTIN. He was scourged (whipped) and beheaded in Rome about 165 A.D. His last words were these: "we desire nothing more than to suffer for our Lord Jesus Christ."

Some were sewn up in the skins of wild beasts; then big dogs were let loose upon them, and they were torn to pieces. Women were tied to mad bulls and dragged to death. After nightfall Christians were burned at the stake in Nero’s garden (human lampstands!). The Roman people who hated the Christians were free to come into the garden, and Nero drove around in his chariot wickedly enjoying the horrible scene. http://www.middletownbiblechurch.org/missions/miss7.htm

Last edited:
God has never committed murder. Assigning sin to God is an evil thing in itself.

Euphemia, please check out this verse; Genesis 7:23 which states that God destroyed every living thing that walked the Earth. You couldn't be more wrong. Remember in the new covenant God tells us not to kill and to not repay evil with evil! Bless you Euphemia and I hope you are feeling better today!

Thank you murphy, I appreciate your kind words. I understand perfectly what you are saying expect that Jesus is God, there is no difference. Secondly I can't help but wonder if there was a better way to free the enslaved jews from Egypt, being that God is omnipotent there are an endless amount of ways that he could have freed the jews instead of having innocent children slaughtered. Peace and love unto you friend.

To that I would implore you to embrace the mystery of our Lord God. If you come across a scripture you don't understand avoid the temptation of assuming it is wrong but rather decide to leave it unknown until you gain more wisdom about it.

To that I would implore you to embrace the mystery of our Lord God. If you come across a scripture you don't understand avoid the temptation of assuming it is wrong but rather decide to leave it unknown until you gain more wisdom about it.

Well I haven't assumed anything about this verse, thats the problem. The text is in plain English and it is very disturbing!

Euphemia, please check out this verse; Genesis 7:23 which states that God destroyed every living thing that walked the Earth. You couldn't be more wrong. Remember in the new covenant God tells us not to kill and to not repay evil with evil! Bless you Euphemia and I hope you are feeling better today!
It is ALL in HIS plan. Then Jesus came to save ALL of us who let HIM.

Well I haven't assumed anything about this verse, thats the problem. The text is in plain English and it is very disturbing!
It would be errenous to think God did evil. As I said you need not understand why things happened at the particular time. Let it resonate with you, seek out spiritual counsellors if necessary but don't surrender your heart or assume it is untrue. Wait for God to reconcile reality with your heart.

Children often think their parents are mean or evil for spanking them and then come to realize it was necessary for them.

I have already referred you to that story. God wiped out every living thing except for the righteous Noah and his family and preserved the animal kingdom through him. I am not wrong. You appear to have a wrong perception of God and the things you say about Him are actually quite blasphemous.

Be careful that you do not suffer the shipwreck of your faith:

1 Timothy 1:19-20 (NLT)
Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked. 20 Hymenaeus and Alexander are two examples. I threw them out and handed them over to Satan so they might learn not to blaspheme God.

Luke 6:44-45 (NLT)
A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

It is ALL in HIS plan. Then Jesus came to save ALL of us who let HIM.

I can see your words just fine brother no need for all caps. I was responding to Euphemia's statement when he said God has never killed anyone. Anything taken out of context can be skewed into something that it was not originally meant to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back