Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No killing infants is wrong and can never be justified

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem like a reasonable person, so why do you feel the need to insult me? I hope you are realizing the things you say.

Sir I am not insulting you and I truly apologize in you felt that I have! I was giving my sincere opinion good friend! Now lets remember you did come to my post and tell me that the conversation should end. I understand you did it out of kindness but I would never do something like that you or anyone else on this site as you are all great people and I truly enjoy using this site! God bless!

I think you are. You are the one who put the word in all caps lol

I think that is precisely what YOU are here to promote---that somehow God is evil and a hypocrite for commanding us to not kill and then turning around and commanding the slaughter of a pagan tribe.

We have all tried to help you wrap your mind around this, but you seem to ignore it, preferring rather to hold to your views...which need help.

I think that is precisely what YOU are here to promote---that somehow God is evil and a hypocrite for commanding us to not kill and then turning around and commanding the slaughter of a pagan tribe.

We have all tried to help you wrap your mind around this, but you seem to ignore it, preferring rather to hold to your views...which need help.

Well my lost friend I can see you are a bitter person who is filled with rage. I would never be so rude as to say someone needs help for standing up for the words of Jesus. I will say an extra prayer dedicated entirely to you tonight. I want you to sit next to me on judgement day friend, I don't want you to take the escalator to the bottom floor! God bless you friend!

Well my lost friend I can see you are a bitter person who is filled with rage. I would never be so rude as to say someone needs help for standing up for the words of Jesus. I will say an extra prayer dedicated entirely to you tonight. I want you to sit next to me on judgement day friend, I don't want you to take the escalator to the bottom floor! God bless you friend!

How rude!

I am not lost, or your friend and neither am I bitter. I see a kind of bitterness or obnoxiousness in your persistence in your stream of thought. I think you do need some help in dealing with this question that is perplexing you. It isn't rude----it is what a helpful person would perceive and say. One who is asking for the help would be glad and humble to receive it.

So...you are either truly perplexed and want an answer, or you are determined to castigate God for what you cannot comprehend. Which is it?

As for Judgment Day...I won't be there, as the righteous will not be judged, for their sins have all been washed away by the blood of the Lamb, never to be remembered.

How rude!

I am not lost, or your friend and neither am I bitter. I see a kind of bitterness or obnoxiousness in your persistence in your stream of thought. I think you do need some help in dealing with this question that is perplexing you. It isn't rude----it is what a helpful person would perceive and say. One who is asking for the help would be glad and humble to receive it.

So...you are either truly perplexed and want an answer, or you are determined to castigate God for what you cannot comprehend. Which is it?

As for Judgment Day...I won't be there, as the righteous will not be judged, for their sins have all been washed away by the blood of the Lamb, never to be remembered.

How rude!

I will pray for you friend, I will pray for you.

But why create them in the first place only to take them away? Would you build a house only to destroy it a few minuets after completion?
Thanks for sharing your concerns. Here is a good Bible verse that relates:

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory

Thanks for sharing your concerns. Here is a good Bible verse that relates:

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory

Its a good verse and I am glad you shared it. I just hate to think of God as someone who wants to create things and destroy them just to show us his power, its kind of scary. Believe me God (and i think I can speak for all of us) you have demonstrated your powers beyond doubt, especially with the mass genocide and all. I like to think of God as a meek, mild humble fellow, sort of like Jesus, actually a lot like Jesus because he is Jesus.

Its a good verse and I am glad you shared it. I just hate to think of God as someone who wants to create things and destroy them just to show us his power, its kind of scary. Believe me God (and i think I can speak for all of us) you have demonstrated your powers beyond doubt, especially with the mass genocide and all. I like to think of God as a meek, mild humble fellow, sort of like Jesus, actually a lot like Jesus because he is Jesus.
Sorry, I'm distracted by your avatar. Can you tell me a little more about it? :)

Hello everybody it is me Mike. I know many of my friends may be upset with me for not posting on here in so long but I have hit a few road bumps in my faith. Recently I came across a slightly disturbing passage in The Bible and I was wondering if someone could help me interpret it.

Exodus 11:4-6 KJV: states that God actually killed innocent newborn children :cry: How can this be justified? I know Pharaoh enslaved the Jews and all but why take it out on innocent infants? I find it very difficult to worship someone who kills babies as I always associated the killing of infants with satanism.
It seems you came here to argue. Your first post you asked for help on interpretation of a passage. You received it and now you spend an entire thread arguing it.

It seems you came here to argue. Your first post you asked for help on interpretation of a passage. You received it and now you spend an entire thread arguing it.

Well luckily for me debating is not against the law so I am in the clear! Whew! The reason I am struggling is because this is a complex issue that requires more than simple answers from simple minds, and thats exactly why I came to this site. God bless you brother.

Sorry, I'm distracted by your avatar. Can you tell me a little more about it? :)

Just a little reminder of a person that I loved dearly. An in joke of sorts but all in loving memory of my grandmother who was brutally murdered a few years ago. I won't go into detail because the details are horrific and obscene. I know her face is smiling down at me from above.

Just a little reminder of a person that I loved dearly. An in joke of sorts but all in loving memory of my grandmother who was brutally murdered a few years ago. I won't go into detail because the details are horrific and obscene. I know her face is smiling down at me from above.
My
condolences. I think this kind of helps understand why you created this thread, and maybe why you are struggling with your faith. I will keep you in prayer.

Sorry about your grandmother. But I think it is a good example to compare to the baby deaths. Was your grandmother saved? If so where was God when she died 'brutally'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back