Star of David?

Well, it looks kinda occult to me.
I wouldnt have that symbol in my house. Just saying. It doesnt make me think of Israel..it just makes me think of witchcraft. Besides, phoenix rises from ashes and thats occult.

I would think an olive tree or branch would be a more appropriate symbol...if Israel had to have a symbol.

In nz we always talk about changing our flag. I think a silver fern is a good symbol.

Well, when you want to see things in a negative light, you will.

As for your seeing the occult in the Israeli flag and my reference to her rising from the ashes, I was NOT making any reference to the myth of the Phoenix! I guess you've never read of this amazing prophetic verse, and one of my very favourites:

Isaiah 61:3
To all who mourn in Israel,
he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

Hmm..reading the star of david is a zionist symbol.
I will have to look further into this zionist thing. I know it was contentious...and many zionists are not actually orthodox Jews.
It kinda looks like new agey as well. Like those dream catcher things.

well, maybe should have gone to wiki first
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexagram

That's interesting that the mormons use it as well. I figured it was kinda hindu/buddhist like the swastika originally was. They use it in mandala things originally a good luck symbol. But the nazis reversed this. The nazis were occult to the core.
They were the ones who actually encouraged Zionism...cos they didn't want the jewish ppl in their own countries anymore. Although the Jewish ppl were glad to have their own land God promised mandated to them..I think the way they went about it was premature.

Its a bit strange cos you'd think..any that didn't want to be Jewish could just become hebrew Christians, cos we all one in Christ. And live at peace wherever they are. But I suppose God had his own purposes for Israel that was in unbelief. anyway. I just think a bit odd that they have that symbol on their flag when it was a badge of shame under the nazis. Why would they want to be reminded of that, I don't know.

Well, it looks kinda occult to me.
I wouldnt have that symbol in my house. Just saying. It doesnt make me think of Israel..it just makes me think of witchcraft. Besides, phoenix rises from ashes and thats occult.

I would think an olive tree or branch would be a more appropriate symbol...if Israel had to have a symbol.

In nz we always talk about changing our flag. I think a silver fern is a good symbol.

There is much evidence to say that the use of the cross as a religious symbol, is considerably pre-christian and occult.
The cross symbol can be found in Egyptian and Babylonian relics.

The following is an extract from the Catholic Encyclopedia, which makes it clear that most ecclesiastical items were adopted from pagan cults by Constantine. Prior to Constantine, the cross was never found as a Christian symbol.

"We need not shrink from admitting that candles, like incense and lustral water, were commonly employed in pagan worship and in the rites paid to the dead. But the Church from a very early period took them into her service, just as she adopted many other things indifferent in themselves, which seemed proper to enhance the splendour of religious ceremonial. We must not forget that most of these adjuncts to worship, like music, lights, perfumes, ablutions, floral decorations, canopies, fans, screens,bells, vestments, etc. were not identified with any idolatrous cult in particular; they were common to almost all cults. They are, in fact, part of the natural language of mystical expression, and such things belong quite as much to secular ceremonial as they do to religion. The salute of an assigned number of guns, a tribute which is paid by a warship to the flag of a foreign power, is just as much or as little worthy to be described as superstitious as the display of an assigned number of candles upon the altar at high Mass. The carrying of tapers figures among the marks of respect prescribed to be shown to the highest dignitaries of the Roman Empire in the "Notitia Dignitatum Imperii". It is highly probable that thecandles which were borne from a very early period before the pope or the bishop when he went inprocession to the sanctuary, or which attended the transport of the book of the Gospels to the ambo orpulpit from which the deacon read, were nothing more than an adaptation of this secular practice."

Er..this is about the star of david. But yeah, i dont use the cross as a symbol ever.
The cross means the one Jesus was crucified on but I dont ever have one on my neck and believe it wards away vampires or anything like that. Only Jesus himself can do that.
Constantine used the cross to justify the crusades.

But I think many people understand that a cross means first aid or hospital, and associates it with bleeding, I dont know how occultists use it.
Btw im not catholic, so not relevant to me. However I might add that I read that hitler was a christian in the sense that he belonged to the catholic church. Thats why some atheists claim christianity causes religious wars, cos of the crusades and inquisitions, but it was just catholicism run amok.

If christianity had to have a symbol, a more appropriate one would be a lamb, or a fish...as Jesus said 'come I will make you fishers of men' he also said 'feed my sheep, feed my lambs' not a horrible torture device.
Jesus is the lamb that was worthy to be slain. The sacrifice for us.

The lamb is A Christian symbol, but probably not THE Christian symbol. I suspect the Cross has been adapted as the official symbol of Christianity over time. Of course the lamb is still a symbol used quite often. There are lots of symbols within Christianity (though depending on the denomination, some may reject them). The fish, the dove, the chi-roe, the triquetra, the sacred heart, the anchor (meaning hope), and of course popularized in Iraq, the Nazarene symbol which has gained a lot of popularity over the last year.

Some represent the theological virtues, like the anchor and the heart. Some have been misinterpreted over the years like the inverted cross of Peter (the upside down cross)...people have taken it as being an insult to the cross and have made it a Satanic image, though it is, in origins, a cross to represent our humbleness to Christ and our willingness to die for the faith. It's actually a very beautiful meaning behind it. It's a shame that it has been perverted by culture.
reversecross.jpg
He was crucified upside down on the ground below the Vatican wasn't he?
That's why it's calmly St. Peter's Tomb and St. Peter's Square.

Not ALL Christians experience the Holy Spirit's baptism.

But 1 Corinthians 12:13 states,
"For we were ALL baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free-and we were all given the one Spirit to drink".

Every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ has experienced baptism in the Holy Spirit. That is why Paul could state, "For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body… we were all given the one Spirit to drink".

First, 1 Corinthians 12:13 clearly states that ALL have been baptized, just as all been given the Spirit to drink (the indwelling of the Spirit).

Second, nowhere in Scripture are believers told to be baptized with, in or by the Spirit, or in any sense to seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This indicates that all believers have had this experience.

Third, Ephesians 4:5 seems to refer to Spirit baptism. If this is the case, Spirit baptism is the reality for every believer, just as “one faith” and “one Father” are.

I know bits and bobs about Catholic history and traditions.
What was the reason he was crucified upside down?

It's definitely not exclusive to Catholic tradition -- I remember learning about this when I was 11-years-old going to a Presbyterian church.

But the reason why St. Peter was crucified upside down was because it was his request. His crucifixion in Rome was as a martyr (Christians were being killed in Rome left and right as you know), but when he knew he would be crucified, he requested that it be done upside down since he believe he wasn't worthy to die the same exact way as Jesus. So they granted his request and crucified him upside down.

While we are having the history lesson, as to Hitler's religious views
The biographer John Toland noted Hitler's anticlericalism but considered him still in "good standing" with the Church by 1941, while historians such as Ian Kershaw, Joachim Fest and Alan Bullock agree that Hitler was anti-Christian - a view evidenced by sources such as the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Speer, and the transcripts edited by Martin Bormann contained within Hitler's Table Talk. Goebbels wrote in 1941 that Hitler "hates Christianity, because it has crippled all that is noble in humanity." Many historians have come to the conclusion that Hitler's long-term aim was the eradication of Christianity in Germany, while others maintain that there is insufficient evidence for such a plan.

His mother tried to raise him Catholic, but he turned away from the Church early on.

Back