Star of David?

Well, i have heard some really bad things that ppl think cant ever be forgiven. So they want to tell you instead of going to God, or believe God somehow turns a blind eye to it. Well, no he doesnt, but all he requires is for ppl to admit to Him what they did was wrong in His eyes. I guess this is where you might come unstuck if you weak and that person looking to you to jusitfy their sin. Say..well everyone does it its ok for me. But its not.

Ive had this with alcoholics. They will do anything and tell you everything but the one thing they wont do is admit they have a drinking problem and take steps to resolve not to drink cos it offends God. They say they will try but they dont actually have the guts to curse that behaviour and say i will. Not listen to the drink. I hate drinking alcohol and will stop. They havent learnt to hate the sin. So this is when I have to be firm, and not be an enabler. And I cant say...oh its ok just sin in moderation. It wont work, cos even in moderation they can still binge drink and my goodness once they take that sip they off their rocker. Have to understand that Jesus paid the ultimate price and can set you completely free.

Well, i have heard some really bad things that ppl think cant ever be forgiven. So they want to tell you instead of going to God, or believe God somehow turns a blind eye to it. Well, no he doesnt, but all he requires is for ppl to admit to Him what they did was wrong in His eyes. I guess this is where you might come unstuck if you weak and that person looking to you to jusitfy their sin. Say..well everyone does it its ok for me. But its not.

Ive had this with alcoholics. They will do anything and tell you everything but the one thing they wont do is admit they have a drinking problem and take steps to resolve not to drink cos it offends God. They say they will try but they dont actually have the guts to curse that behaviour and say i will. Not listen to the drink. I hate drinking alcohol and will stop. They havent learnt to hate the sin. So this is when I have to be firm, and not be an enabler. And I cant say...oh its ok just sin in moderation. It wont work, cos even in moderation they can still binge drink and my goodness once they take that sip they off their rocker. Have to understand that Jesus paid the ultimate price and can set you completely free.

That's definitely true -- people can be very prideful and deny of their own sins or attempt to justify them. We've all been there I think. Comparing it to alcoholism is a pretty fair one because for many addicts, it takes a lot before they are willing to admit their problem. Many times, they have to hit rock bottom. This can often be the same case for people when it comes to their own sinful nature.

Lanolin, is drinking alcohol really a sin, and why do you act as if it is worse than other more concealed sins?
I enjoy alcohol, that's why I ask.

You enjoy it? How it tastes horrible. Makes ppl throw up..not just me, but others.
I dont know its just im really affected by it and i know ppl that have died and killed other ppl while under the influence. So I would say its no good. Also yes, some sins are pleasurable but thats the temptation of it. Why not just enjoy non alcoholic drinks? Taste better, and no harm to anybody.

I kinda have to take a hardline about it since my friend died.

Lanolin, is drinking alcohol really a sin, and why do you act as if it is worse than other more concealed sins?
I enjoy alcohol, that's why I ask.

I think we've already had recent discussions on alcohol itself.
Lanolin was making a comparison between alcoholism and sin. I think she made a pretty good analogy.

You enjoy it? How it tastes horrible. Makes ppl throw up..not just me, but others.
I dont know its just im really affected by it and i know ppl that have died and killed other ppl while under the influence. So I would say its no good. Also yes, some sins are pleasurable but thats the temptation of it. Why not just enjoy non alcoholic drinks? Taste better, and no harm to anybody.

I kinda have to take a hardline about it since my friend died.
You didn't answer my question Lanolin. Is drinking alcohol a sin?

I enjoy alcoholic drinks, you don't. But there are billions of people world wide who enjoy it without throwing up. There are plenty of things that make people throw up, which others find wonderful.

You didn't answer my question Lanolin. Is drinking alcohol a sin?

I enjoy alcoholic drinks, you don't. But there are billions of people world wide who enjoy it without throwing up. There are plenty of things that make people throw up, which others find wonderful.

Francis, we recently discussed this.
I think if this discussion continues, it should be done either in a private conversation or in a new, separate thread. You are welcome to make one.

Francis, we recently discussed this.
I think if this discussion continues, it should be done either in a private conversation or in a new, separate thread. You are welcome to make one.
You are right Lysander. I was just trying to get to the bottom of it as Lanolin keeps returning to the issue of alcohol. I was not trying to derail the thread.
Lanolin, I am not trying to bait you, so if you would like to continue further please let me know privately, or start a new thread.
Francis.
BTW. A good friend was a rolling drunk addicted alcoholic. After years of total destructive addiction, he was totally healed by Jesus and freely able to enjoy alcohol as a normal drink, all without fear of its power over him.
That healing continued with over 30 years of freedom till he died recently in his late 70s, full of joy and the Holy Ghost!

Wow, that is so cool, Most people I know who had a run in with that beast are completely against the use of alcohol.
We do not mind alcoholic drinks, my wife and I that is, because we have years of use thereof without drunkenness attached. That said, we have a neighbour that is always drunk, and starts every morning by calling George on the big white porcelain telephone. He is just irritating in behaviour, but to him, it is part of his religion.

can we go back to topic, star of David?
I want to get to the bottom of this.
So far, it seems it's not of God and can't find anywhere in the Bible. Except...I did some research online and come up with 'star of remphan' (sorry forget spelling). Which could be one and the same.
Do the Jewish people believe this symbol has some special protective power? Why is it on all the flags, and other regalia? is it Kabbalist? I know they into geometry and numerology. Is the hexagram in anyway connected with the mark of the beast? It's number is 666. The hexagram obviously has 6 points.

Also, hardcore Zionists brandish this symbol a lot, yet other orthodox Jews use the menorah as the symbol of their faith.

can we go back to topic, star of David?
I want to get to the bottom of this.
So far, it seems it's not of God and can't find anywhere in the Bible. Except...I did some research online and come up with 'star of remphan' (sorry forget spelling). Which could be one and the same.
Do the Jewish people believe this symbol has some special protective power? Why is it on all the flags, and other regalia? is it Kabbalist? I know they into geometry and numerology. Is the hexagram in anyway connected with the mark of the beast? It's number is 666. The hexagram obviously has 6 points.

Does a national symbol have to be of God?

I'm asking about the star of david. Not whether national symbols have to be of God.
It just looks occult to me.
I find it very peculiar. The true Israel would not use an occult symbol. Since we are grafted in, as the Bible says, I find it strange that the nation of Israel we see today has this strange symbol that was used in nazi times too as a badge of shame. What does it represent? Nobody here can actually say....

I'm asking about the star of david. Not whether national symbols have to be of God.
It just looks occult to me.
I find it very peculiar. The true Israel would not use an occult symbol. Since we are grafted in, as the Bible says, I find it strange that the nation of Israel we see today has this strange symbol that was used in nazi times too as a badge of shame. What does it represent? Nobody here can actually say....

It may look occult to you, but there is no consensus on its origin and meaning anywhere. IMHO, it is a very good design and when I see it, I think of the marvelous nation of Israel, which has arisen from the ashes.

Well, it looks kinda occult to me.
I wouldnt have that symbol in my house. Just saying. It doesnt make me think of Israel..it just makes me think of witchcraft. Besides, phoenix rises from ashes and thats occult.

I would think an olive tree or branch would be a more appropriate symbol...if Israel had to have a symbol.

In nz we always talk about changing our flag. I think a silver fern is a good symbol.

England..I think of English roses, even though roses originally came from China.
china could have Bamboo, but it has many flowering plants.

I cant think of anything for USA since its such a vast and varied state... Hawaii would have hibiscus, Tahiti would have tiare...
I know. America can have corn. I think of vast cornfields in america. It eould be kinda cool if each country adopted a native plant as representative of their nation instead of abstract symbols and colours. Then wed instantly know what country is meant and nz wouldnt get mixed up with australia, whose flag is very similar.
Australia could have wattles or a gum tree.

Back