Star of David?

Now be careful, the Rastas also make extensive use of the Lion of Judah symbol/wording and everything around it.
We should all know that what is connected to the Rastafarian religion is not from YHVH God.

Nothing wrong with the lion, no matter who uses it...the problem is with those who use it but are heretics. A lot of heretics use the cross as well.

Oh, didnt know that!
Thanks for the info lysander.
If you tribe of levi, what does that mean for you? I know you identify as christian, but does that mean you have hebrew roots or something?
I had a friend whose last name was asher. She did become a christian, shes passed on now, but they were not jewish, just heathen. Her immediate family I mean.

Oh, didnt know that!
Thanks for the info lysander.
If you tribe of levi, what does that mean for you? I know you identify as christian, but does that mean you have hebrew roots or something?
I had a friend whose last name was asher. She did become a christian, shes passed on now, but they were not jewish, just heathen. Her immediate family I mean.

Well, I'm half Jewish from my father's side. My dad grew up in a predominately Jewish neighborhood in DC and his family came from Borough Park in Brooklyn (an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood). However, he was definitely more of a secular Jew until his conversion in the 70's.

I'm not sure what stemming from the tribe of Levi means for me other than where I can trace my roots. Families with names like Shapiro and Cohen are often Levites.

Oh ok, how did you become a christian then? Obviously, hearing the gospel, but i mean you are very different from the rest of us. Or was it your parents converted and then you got brought up in the church, or was it catholicsm as heard in NY they big there. I guess if you christian you can kinda fit in any church and some are strong in faith that unbiblical doctrines and practises dont bother them...but thats not the case for me. Eg one of my friends, her family some are mormons yet shes born again. She says sometimes she does go to mormon church on account of family but goes to worship God, not anything the mormons teach.
It would be very wrong of me to go to a mormon church. Even if i thought I would tell them the gospel, but she can. Although thankfully shes found a church in aussie where she moved that is not mormon.
Same as my catholic friend, brought up catholic, but born again. It would be tough for her to leave. But she does not bother with much of the ritual or heierarchy. Just goes cos of family obligations. But one time she did tell me she was thinking of becoming a nun. I was alarmed.

Wikipedia has a rather lengthy write-up on the star of David. But on another subject, witches,.....I've known a few women that dabbled in it. We sent our son to a local Montessori school for a couple of years. Things started getting strange there. They had the kids sing a Haloween song that was really creepy and once my son ws reading te bible on his free time when the teacher knocked it out of his hands. When they demanded our son go on a field trip for several days out of town with no communication allowed, we pulled him out. If you google wikkins (or is it wickin) and montessori together, you get websites......wierd and creepy.

There was a book that came out several years ago about how to get what you want out of life and it was authored by witches. It was real big that year here in America. I've forgotten the title. It was rcommended to me twice. Once by an old friend who dabbled in withcraft and anoter time by my sister, an Episcopal priest.

There was a book that came out several years ago about how to get what you want out of life and it was authored by witches. It was real big that year here in America. I've forgotten the title. It was rcommended to me twice. Once by an old friend who dabbled in withcraft and anoter time by my sister, an Episcopal priest.

Was it "The Secret"?

Actually it said that Solomon became an occultist in the Bible because he loved women too much and they made him turn to other gods.

Really. The claims of King Solomon's mysticism and turning to magic and the occult is not biblical, but legend has promoted the notion. God says his kingdom was taken from him because of sin, but let's not extrapolate where the bible is silent, thus giving Wiccan and occult websites more power than they deserve.

Really. The claims of King Solomon's mysticism and turning to magic and the occult is not biblical, but legend has promoted the notion. God says his kingdom was taken from him because of sin, but let's not extrapolate where the bible is silent, thus giving Wiccan and occult websites more power than they deserve.
1 Kings 11:4-10 KJV
For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father. [5] For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. [6] And Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord , and went not fully after the Lord , as did David his father. [7] Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. [8] And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods. [9] And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, [10] And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded.

I now realize that it was not stated explicitly and it was likely that Solomon did not do witchcraft but it also a possibility.

1 Kings 11:4-10 KJV
For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father. [5] For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. [6] And Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord , and went not fully after the Lord , as did David his father. [7] Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. [8] And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods. [9] And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, [10] And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded.

I now realize that it was not stated explicitly and it was likely that Solomon did not do witchcraft but it also a possibility.

I would much rather receive the truth from the scriptures than a shady occult website---that is basically what I am saying. We need not take anything they have to say as truth. They take a snippet concerning Solomon's waywardness, for which the Lord removed his kingdom from him, and lay all claim to the legitimacy of the power of the occult based on that.

Suffice it to know that Solomon went after the pagan gods of many of his women. God punished him for it.

I would much rather receive the truth from the scriptures than a shady occult website---that is basically what I am saying. We need not take anything they have to say as truth. They take a snippet concerning Solomon's waywardness, for which the Lord removed his kingdom from him, and lay all claim to the legitimacy of the power of the occult based on that.

Suffice it to know that Solomon went after the pagan gods of many of his women. God punished him for it.
I did not remember the Scripture correctly. I thought that it said that Solomon became an occultist, but it ends up that it just said that he went into idolatry.

When the bible says he 'did evil' i think it means he practised witchcraft.
Many other Kings did evil too. Because witchcraft is rebellion against God and trying to take power and glory away from Him.

Reactions: Juk
Oh ok, how did you become a christian then? Obviously, hearing the gospel, but i mean you are very different from the rest of us. Or was it your parents converted and then you got brought up in the church, or was it catholicsm as heard in NY they big there. I guess if you christian you can kinda fit in any church and some are strong in faith that unbiblical doctrines and practises dont bother them...but thats not the case for me. Eg one of my friends, her family some are mormons yet shes born again. She says sometimes she does go to mormon church on account of family but goes to worship God, not anything the mormons teach.
It would be very wrong of me to go to a mormon church. Even if i thought I would tell them the gospel, but she can. Although thankfully shes found a church in aussie where she moved that is not mormon.
Same as my catholic friend, brought up catholic, but born again. It would be tough for her to leave. But she does not bother with much of the ritual or heierarchy. Just goes cos of family obligations. But one time she did tell me she was thinking of becoming a nun. I was alarmed.

I was brought up as an Evangelical Christian (which I am extremely thankful for). I wasn't raised in New York, I was raised in Baltimore (though there is also a pretty large Catholic community their too). That said, I wasn't brought up Catholic. I don't think there has been a Catholic in my family for more than 100 years until me.

My mother is Pennsylvania Dutch from upbringing so came from a more Mennonite background. And like I mentioned, my father converted in the 70's before he even met my mother, so all of us kids were raised within an Evangelical Christian home.

I wouldn't consider myself that different from the rest of you. I still consider myself very much of an evangelical (small e), Bible Christian -- we all should be. To be honest, I'd say I'm even more of an evangelical, Bible Christian after my conversion to Catholicism.

Last edited:
oh ok. I don't get catholicism it just seems extra on top of everything else. Following God, reading the Bible, fellowship, Lord's supper, doing the two commandments..that's enough for me.
when people talk about the Pope I got no idea cos I don't follow the pope. Besides the nearest catholic church to me is miles away. Actually the nearest church to me is a mormon church. I don't go there. Just where the Lord leads me, and so far he's told me to stay away from the trappings of catholicism. There are catholic schools not far from me but..they never mixed with public school children. It seemed like they snobbed anyone who wasn't catholic. And I know many ex-catholics. So...it just seems a bit strange to me, how there's a distinction. They just different I suppose.

I attended this church that was really into Israel for some reason. I don't go there anymore cos of other reasons but I just found it a bit strange too. Supporting Israel etc, I mean, yes, but no Israelis ever tried to be friends with christians, unless they messianic Jews, but that means they converted. They snub us. Jewish people tend to keep to themselves, and when anyone points out that MAYBE they not doing something right according to the bible they accuse us of being anti-semitic. I just don't get that.

We pray for them and love them from afar, but they get so paranoid that us christians hate them. Also they separate themselves from us calling us gentiles but more derogatory. Its no small thing to be chosen and have that special convenant with God but we just saying we have a new, better covenant and that Jesus loves sheep not of his fold as well, and they get annoyed. That's the impression I get anyway.

granted, holocaust was horrible but it wasn't christians doing that. That was evil. Also crusades were horrible, and that wasn't christians either. That was political.

Back