Star of David?

While we are having the history lesson, as to Hitler's religious views
The biographer John Toland noted Hitler's anticlericalism but considered him still in "good standing" with the Church by 1941, while historians such as Ian Kershaw, Joachim Fest and Alan Bullock agree that Hitler was anti-Christian - a view evidenced by sources such as the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Speer, and the transcripts edited by Martin Bormann contained within Hitler's Table Talk. Goebbels wrote in 1941 that Hitler "hates Christianity, because it has crippled all that is noble in humanity." Many historians have come to the conclusion that Hitler's long-term aim was the eradication of Christianity in Germany, while others maintain that there is insufficient evidence for such a plan.

His mother tried to raise him Catholic, but he turned away from the Church early on.

Unless I'm mistaken, prior to WWII, willing members of the Nazi Party who wore the uniform were excommunicated -- meaning they were not in communion with the Church and would have to resign from their Nazi activity and get permission from their bishops to be able to return to the church.

Today, there are tons of pro-abortion politicians who are also "proud" Catholics. They will go to Catholic mass on Sunday, claim to be devout in their faith, but then push for more pro-abortion legislation. These politicians would be people like Anthony Cuomo, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, and so on and so forth.

According to canon law, paragraphs 1398, 751, and 1364, they have all excommunicated themselves.
They are excommunicated.

Bishops who continue to offer them communion (like my own, Cardinal Donald Weurl) is being disobedient to the Catholic teaching (see paragraph 915 of the Catholic Catechism) and should stop offering communion to them.

Catholics who vote for these politicians may not be in a position of excommunication, but they are committing what would be considered a mortal sin. My wife's cousin announced how excited she is that Hillary Clinton is running and they she will be voting for her. I love my wife's cousin, but either she doesn't realize what by supporting Hillary she is committing a serious sin OR she does realize it but doesn't care.

Hitler openly spoke out against theology itself. Even if he were to say "I am a proud Christian," and then continued to do horrible things, he would be in error. But he went beyond what modern day politicians do by not only denouncing Christian teachings, he also denounced Christian belief itself.

Last edited:
Btw sorry, correction..'by this sign conquer' was constantines 'vision' and this was used to justify the crusades. My sentence was a bit jumbled.
Also nowhere did i say christians must seek a second baptism as we are all meant to be baptised in the spirit. But what happens is some churches baptise wrongly, they dont check if anyones truly repented and believed, and thus you have many that are water baptised but not spirit baptised. It is meant to be the same. I know cos this happened to me.
Thankfully the Lord baptised me completely after I repented and believed.

It was complete immersion like a fish. After that happened, it was like a fish coming out of the water for air..and praising the Lord in an unknown tongue. Our part is the water baptism, to show obedience, His part is the spirit.

And then as a christian walks and stays faithful we go through the fire of tribulations...and come out unsinged, just like Daniels buddies. But all this is considered ONE baptism.

Can we get back to topic please?
Star of david..hexagram.

It's definitely not exclusive to Catholic tradition -- I remember learning about this when I was 11-years-old going to a Presbyterian church.

But the reason why St. Peter was crucified upside down was because it was his request. His crucifixion in Rome was as a martyr (Christians were being killed in Rome left and right as you know), but when he knew he would be crucified, he requested that it be done upside down since he believe he wasn't worthy to die the same exact way as Jesus. So they granted his request and crucified him upside down.
Interesting. :)

A church I went to had some ppl who were really keen to support then nation of Israel.
They had this rally in town and the lady said lets go and stand with Israel. I though it was going to be a march or something because the other week there was one for palestine.

I didnt really want to get involved but thought this just show support, its not a protest as such. Besides we meant to pray for Jerusalem.
We were told to wear white flowers as a sign of peace. But they also gave out Israeli flags. I just didnt feel comfortable waving those flags. Also I feel for the Palestinian christians as well, caught up in the crossfire. We meant to pray for those in chains.

The flags have the hexagram on it, when got home, I chucked it. I just know its not christian, nor even jewish...and besides, my citizenship is in heaven, not any one country.

Although I do love the country I am born and raised in I do not subscribe to patriotic pride.

Nazis would wave a lot of flags too, with occult symbols on it, as did crusaders.

The only flag or banner us christians ought to wave is the one bearing His name. His banner of LOVE.

But 1 Corinthians 12:13 states,
"For we were ALL baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free-and we were all given the one Spirit to drink".

Every believer in the Lord Jesus Christ has experienced baptism in the Holy Spirit. That is why Paul could state, "For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body… we were all given the one Spirit to drink".

First, 1 Corinthians 12:13 clearly states that ALL have been baptized, just as all been given the Spirit to drink (the indwelling of the Spirit).

Second, nowhere in Scripture are believers told to be baptized with, in or by the Spirit, or in any sense to seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This indicates that all believers have had this experience.

Third, Ephesians 4:5 seems to refer to Spirit baptism. If this is the case, Spirit baptism is the reality for every believer, just as “one faith” and “one Father” are.

All Christians have the indwelling Holy Spirit. However not all Christians have submitted to His baptism or His filling. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not the same as water baptism.

Matthew 3:11
11 “I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."

John was right. Jesus' baptism is with water and with fire---the Spirit.

One can live a good life as a Christian without submitting to Holy Spirit's baptism, but the empowerment that comes from this baptism is what we need to move through life, exercising our spiritual gifts with greater ease and success that can only be attributed to God.

As for me, I want all that Jesus died to give me.

The flags have the hexagram on it, when got home, I chucked it. I just know its not christian, nor even jewish...and besides, my citizenship is in heaven, not any one country.

Although I do love the country I am born and raised in I do not subscribe to patriotic pride.

I find it completely ridiculous to consider the Israeli flag as something to be hated. Watch out that this hatred doesn't affect how you consider Israel.

Their flag isn't meant to be "Christian"! It is a secular country's flag!

When it comes to Israel itself, I have a patriotism to it because 1) my Christian heritage -- it being the home of our Lord, and 2) my Jewish heritage -- it being the birthplace of Judaism, and 3) my Ethnic heritage -- my Israeli blood.

I'm not a fan of nationalism of any kind, so while I'm an American patriot, I often stay away from nationalism.

So when it comes to the Israeli flag, I don't find anything sacred in it, and I don't mind if people are in opposition to the Israeli government -- loyalty to government doesn't by default make you loyal to the country it governs (and sometimes it's even treason). But there is nothing wrong with the Israeli flag in itself. It's a symbol representing the country -- that's all. It's not a false idol, it's not an evil being, and it's not a savior.

All Christians have the indwelling Holy Spirit. However not all Christians have submitted to His baptism or His filling. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is not the same as water baptism.

Matthew 3:11
11 “I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire."

John was right. Jesus' baptism is with water and with fire---the Spirit.

One can live a good life as a Christian without submitting to Holy Spirit's baptism, but the empowerment that comes from this baptism is what we need to move through life, exercising our spiritual gifts with greater ease and success that can only be attributed to God.

As for me, I want all that Jesus died to give me.

A distinction needs to be made so that we can rightly divide the Word of truth. In Matt. 3:11 John tells us that Jesus will baptize us with the Holy Ghost AND fire. That final "AND" is already 2000 years long. We live in the age of the Holy Spirit and it is with the Holy Spirit that Jesus baptizes today. He will baptize with fire when He comes the Second Time which means JUDGMENT.

Read the passage again for clarity.

Acts 2:2-3.......
"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them."

Notice "AS OF AND LIKE AS". It was not wind neither was it fire. It was the Holy Spirit. The baptism of FIRE will come at the Second Coming of Christ. Today the Holy Spirit comes upon every believer at the moment we accept Christ which identifies us with Christ and we by that action become a member of the body of Christ.

Last edited:
Hmm well I suppose its meant to represnet their country but I dont find it represents anything but occult like the swastika was meant to represent germany.

Thats just me though, i suppose other people arent bothered. But I wont have it in my house, its creepy.

A distinction needs to be made so that we can rightly divide the Word of truth. In Matt. 3:11 John tells us that Jesus will baptize us with the Holy Ghost AND fire. That final "AND" is already 2000 years long. We live in the age of the Holy Spirit and it is with the Holy Spirit that Jesus baptizes today. He will baptize with fire when He comes the Second Time which means JUDGMENT.

Read the passage again for clarity.

Acts 2:2-3.......
"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them."

Notice "AS OF AND LIKE AS". It was not wind neither was it fire. It was the Holy Spirit. The baptism of FIRE will come at the Second Coming of Christ. Today the Holy Spirit comes upon every believer at the moment we accept Christ which identifies us with Christ and we by that action become a member of the body of Christ.

I was baptized in water and a few years later, experienced he baptism by fire---in the Holy Spirit, because I asked for it and submitted to it.

The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in the born again spirits of all who receive Jesus Christ as Saviour, but the baptism He offers comes sometimes at the same time, or at water baptism, or later as one discovers the truth of it and invites it.

Hmm well I suppose its meant to represnet their country but I dont find it represents anything but occult like the swastika was meant to represent germany.

Thats just me though, i suppose other people arent bothered. But I wont have it in my house, its creepy.

Well, you're just plain wrong about that, Lanolin. You may have a little problem with fearing things.

I was thinking olive tree, I actually do have one in my garden, actually our whole street has them as someone planted them to be neighbourly. They were originally going to have a block party and invited all the neighbours round, but decided that the money we got from council would go into planting trees along our street instead. So we all got one on our grass verges.

Unfortunately, our one died as a car crashed into it, and didn't have much soil, but I went and bought another one and put it in a tub inside our property.

I have read somewhere else that the palm represents christian faith too, as people waving palm fronds on palm sunday and saying Hosanna as Jesus entered Jerusalem. Also palm=hand.

And interesting they weren't waving israeli flags with symbols on them but real palm fronds/leaves.

hmm that's what I don't have at home..a palm tree. I have ferns...
I think that much better than draping flags everywhere. Paradise wouldn't be paradise without trees and palm trees....and a hammock.

I recall those white flowers..well I do have white flowers - christmas lilies. They are pure white and have wonderful perfume. I think of them as my lilies of the field. They do not toil, they just beautiful and heavenly scented. That also would be a good symbol. They flower just at christmas time if you plant them at the right time.

Sometimes what we simply feel isn't what actually is in reality. There's nothing evil about the Israeli flag. It's just a flag. There is nothing evil about the star of David itself -- it's a symbol which has come to represent a country, not just a theological belief.

Sometimes what we simply feel isn't what actually is in reality. There's nothing evil about the Israeli flag. It's just a flag. There is nothing evil about the star of David itself -- it's a symbol which has come to represent a country, not just a theological belief.

I love people who have good common sense!

Back