Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

Your post # 268 is convoluted..
First you quote from Deut. , which was yrs after they distressed God by wanting a king whom they could see rather than their God who they didn't see for their blindness .
A God by the way who kept them in food, water, and stayed with them night and day.

This is the end of Sauls reign and he banished the witches and reinforced God law, too little, to late . God told him previously he was on shaking ground !.
In his abandonment by God, and his own rebellion of God, he went against the word and his own acts. 1 Sam.28.

God is always TRUTH and main a liar.

I agree 100%.

My name is Major.

I am old.

Old Major.

Now you know me and we can be friends!

And in love, that is exactly what I am trying to do for you in post #268. Have you reconsidered yet?

From the Word of God, I am trying in love to show you that it simply could not be God speaking to Saul through the witch.:)

Then you limit the God I know with whom there is no impossible. Did God NOT tell the Jews when they went into the promised land TO KILL every man,woman,CHILD and animal. We can look at Thou shalt not kill, is God lying?

Jn.2:3 ( context 1-4 ) .
Here we see Jesus and his family at a wedding, which was a great venue for celebratory eating and drinking.
This was Jesus first miracle.

Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomachs sake instead of water, 1 Tim.5 : 21-24) in context.
Pro.31:6 ( context 4-7 )
Give STRONG drink unto him that is ready to perish [ die?], and wine unto those of heavy hearts [ depressed,stressed,burdened ?]
Being drunk is a sin.

What's your take on wine and strong drink

Jn.2:3 ( context 1-4 ) . Here we see Jesus and his family at a wedding, which was a great venue for celebratory eating and drinking.
Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomachs sake instead of water, 1 Tim.5 : 21-24) in context. Pro.31:6 ( context 4-7 )
Give STRONG drink unto him that is ready to perish [ die?], and wine unto those of heavy hearts [ depressed,stressed,burdened ?]
Being drunk is a sin.

Hello D3v;

I'll use Jesus and Paul's teaching as an example. Jesus did turn water into wine, not juice. The wine would have most likely been fermented, otherwise the wedding party would have complained that they were drinking Kool Aid instead of wine. lol!

I don't know if Jesus partook in the wine during the wedding but he never took a vow not to drink wine or strong drink. The ones who made a vow in the Bible were the Nazarites in Numbers 6:1-4 and when John the Baptist was commanded by Gabriel not to drink wine Luke 1:15.

There may be other instances but I'm referring to Jesus and Paul.

When Paul encouraged Timothy to drink a little wine has a longer meaning in 1 Timothy 5:23. We don't hear much about water during those times but it wasn't alway safe to drink. The fermentation in a little wine helped cleanse some of the impurities in the water and this might have helped Timothy or others he ministered to.

Spiritual maturity and wisdom is being used in both these passages. There is no intention of Jesus or Paul's teaching to get drunk but the ministry of the first miracle and the mentoring of a "Paul to Timothy."

God does not want us to altar our minds with any substance in order for us to discern His Will for us.

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing.

Hello D3v;

I'll use Jesus and Paul's teaching as an example. Jesus did turn water into wine, not juice. The wine would have most likely been fermented, otherwise the wedding party would have complained that they were drinking Kool Aid instead of wine. lol!

I don't know if Jesus partook in the wine during the wedding but he never took a vow not to drink wine or strong drink. The ones who made a vow in the Bible were the Nazarites in Numbers 6:1-4 and when John the Baptist was commanded by Gabriel not to drink wine Luke 1:15.

There may be other instances but I'm referring to Jesus and Paul.

When Paul encouraged Timothy to drink a little wine has a longer meaning in 1 Timothy 5:23. We don't hear much about water during those times but it wasn't alway safe to drink. The fermentation in a little wine helped cleanse some of the impurities in the water and this might have helped Timothy or others he ministered to.

Spiritual maturity and wisdom is being used in both these passages. There is no intention of Jesus or Paul's teaching to get drunk but the ministry of the first miracle and the mentoring of a "Paul to Timothy."

God does not want us to altar our minds with any substance in order for us to discern His Will for us.

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing.

I agree. It's the point I was trying to make in post #239.
How some FORBID certain things as sin, when God has no admonition on the drink but counts it sin if one imbibes to drunkenness.

We really really, myself included, need to KEEP OURSELVES in obedience and humbleness.

How some FORBID certain things as sin, when God has no admonition on the drink but counts it sin if one imbibes to drunkenness.
As with gluttony, the sin is in the overindulgence. Just as it is not a sin to eat, it is not a sin to drink wine in moderation.

Proverbs 23:21, KJV
21 “For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.”

Ephesians 5:18, KJV
18”And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit,”

1 Timothy 5:23
23 (No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.)

As an addendum, wine was regarded as a food and even a tonic in ancient times.
Also, the wine commonly available in biblical times was quite different than what is available today. The wine that common people drank 2,000 years ago would typically be fermented with wild, airborne yeasts and as such would likely be only ferment to 3 or 4% alcohol. For grape juice to exceed 4% alcohol, then the winemaker must add yeast.
The yeast added to higher grade ancient wines could produce between 4–11% alcohol. At that point the alcohol kills the yeast cells and prevents levels of alcohol from exceeding above 10%. Today, wines average 12–20% alcohol due to modern fermentation techniques.

Because they relied on airborne yeasts, the wines the lower and middle classes drank would normally be cut with some water to ‘extend’ it and then often flavored with spices to mask any “off” or vinegary tastes due to the mix of wild yeasts involved in fermentation.

At least this is what I now remember. There was a time I knew a bit about wine and wine making. I’ve forgotten most of what I knew and very rarely do I have even a sip nowadays. Actually a sniff is about all I partake of, however, my wife is provided with some outstanding wine for cooking so I can get a exquisite “sniff”.

The "ghost" of Samuel did not tell Saul anything new. While Samuel was alive he said the same thing to Saul. While I believe God could have allowed Samuel to speak to Saul I do not believe HE did. As Major has stated I think it most likely to be a demon pretending to be Samuel but not having anything new to add for it didn't know what God was going to do. I would also offer up that Moses and Elijah were with Jesus at His transfiguration. Speaking to our spirits being with the Lord when this body dies.

Jn.2:3 ( context 1-4 ) .
Here we see Jesus and his family at a wedding, which was a great venue for celebratory eating and drinking.

Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine for his stomachs sake instead of water, 1 Tim.5 : 21-24) in context.
Pro.31:6 ( context 4-7 )
Being drunk is a sin.

Water in the Middle East in those days was hard to come by and usually not drinkable.
It would have been an insult for the wedding host to not have the best wine as a Jewish custom.

Paul told Timothy to drink a little wine as a MEDICAMAL use. It would be the same as you using Robitussin today.
In fact Robitussin brobably has a higher alchohol % than wine.

Your post # 268 is convoluted..
First you quote from Deut. , which was yrs after they distressed God by wanting a king whom they could see rather than their God who they didn't see for their blindness .
A God by the way who kept them in food, water, and stayed with them night and day.

This is the end of Sauls reign and he banished the witches and reinforced God law, too little, to late . God told him previously he was on shaking ground !.
In his abandonment by God, and his own rebellion of God, he went against the word and his own acts. 1 Sam.28.

God is always TRUTH and main a liar.

I am not trying to rebuke you.
I am not trying to argue with you.
I am only trying to help your understanding, no more no less.
The post was NOT convoluted. It was very simple.

You stated that God spoke to Saul through a medium.

I posted the Scriptures which clearly prohibit such an action and simply asked you to reconsider your comment.

It has nothing to do with the end of Saul or his actions. It has to do only with ...."God is not longer talking to me" and you said it was God speaking to Saul through a witch. According to the Word of God that I posted, that is impossible!

Want to try again?

Then you limit the God I know with whom there is no impossible. Did God NOT tell the Jews when they went into the promised land TO KILL every man,woman,CHILD and animal. We can look at Thou shalt not kill, is God lying?

Not so sister. That is your opinion and I have never stated such a thing or implied it.

God's law says that "Tou shall not MURDER" in Ex. 20:7.

Just because we can’t seem to solve a problem or understand something or because it seems contradictory to us does not means it is unsolvable or placing God in a box.

Now, the CONTEXT of God ordering the slaughter of Israel’s enemies may seem inconsistent with a loving God, but it was really an act of love for Israel and others due to the moral condition of these nations which included child sacrifice as archaeology has clearly shown. The degradation of these people was horrible. The people living in Canaan then were some of the most dispicable humans to ever live. It was there where the worship of the god MOLECH was developed. The people burned their newborn babies as a sacrifice to Molech so as to obtain a good crop/harvest.
This action by God was His JUDGMENT!

Further, God, who knows the hearts of men and what they will and will not do, was acting on the basis of His knowledge.
Thus, God ordered their judgment in order to protect Israel and their development as a nation, for it was through them that God would give the Savior of the world, the Lord Jesus Christ. Further, God had waited some 400 years before ordering their destruction until their iniquity became complete.

If we follow that rabbit down the path as you are suggesting, then we will have to ask Why was He willing to send His Son to die for our sin so that they who believe on Christ might be saved? That was murder as well and God condoned it out of His love for us just as it was out of His love for the people going into the promised land.
This is the mystery which finds its answer in God’s love.

Major

I do not wish to be a stumbling block to anyone, nor do I wish to argue.

Neither of us has reached the end of our journey as of yet.

You and I see things in different lights.
I get the feeling you perceive ME to be wrong much of the time.

I feel it is simply bc I'm not a ceasesationist, and I believe God NEVER changes, also I see the fullness in God the Father,God the Son,JESUS and God the Holy Spirit.

To NOT cause any future possible back and forths, I would prefer YOU NOT address me at all. There are so few ppl that actually engage, I hate the other option.....to ignore.
I am able to control myself by his Spirit, are you?

Major

I do not wish to be a stumbling block to anyone, nor do I wish to argue.

Neither of us has reached the end of our journey as of yet.

You and I see things in different lights.
I get the feeling you perceive ME to be wrong much of the time.

I feel it is simply bc I'm not a ceasesationist, and I believe God NEVER changes, also I see the fullness in God the Father,God the Son,JESUS and God the Holy Spirit.

To NOT cause any future possible back and forths, I would prefer YOU NOT address me at all. There are so few ppl that actually engage, I hate the other option.....to ignore.
I am able to control myself by his Spirit, are you?

That is not an acceptable option.
You are welcome to choose to ignore me or not to respond to me at all. I really do not care.

Would you mind posting the number where I in any way was NOT able to be under control and in the Spirit of God???????
(Do you even think that is an appropriate question to ask another believer??)

What I perceive is not the issue at all. My dear.....I do not deal in personalities or perceptions. I am a Bible teacher not a politician.

Personally I think you resent me because I did not agree with the teachings of signs and wonders and tongues from the very beginning.
It seems that you resented anyone disagreeing with you and here we are.

But you must understand that I and others have just as much right to our understanding of the Word of God as do YOU!
No one rebuked you for your position and no one condemned you on anything. No one argued with you and no one rebuked you.

Now then, If you or anyone else makes a post which is not Biblical, I will respond to it in Christian love as I would anyone else and as I have to you. I have and will treat you and everyone else with respect and honor and only ask the same in return.

I have absolutely nothing against you and I for one enjoy the comments but if you can not, and you are not able to control your anger, then maybe is best that you do not respond to my posts and we will still be friends.

Last edited:
Question:
How do you define this process,
positional sanctification and progressive sanctification ?

Do you think complete sanctification happened at your salvation or is it daily?

Jn.17:17 ( context 15-18 )
Sanctify them through the truth: they word is TRUTH.

Def, set apart as or declare holy,consecrate,

Question:

Do you think complete sanctification happened at your salvation or is it daily?

Jn.17:17 ( context 15-18 )
Sanctify them through the truth: they word is TRUTH.

Def, set apart as or declare holy,consecrate,

Who are you asking or is it a general question!??

I would love to answer if you are addressing the ole Major.

Who are you asking or is it a general question!??

I would love to answer if you are addressing the ole Major.
Anyway.........It is a really good question and deserves a responce.

The three “phases” of salvation are...........
1). Positional sanctification.
2). Progressive sanctification.
3. Final Sanctification/Glorification.

At the moment of salvation, we are sanctified or set apart positionally; that is, we are saved from the ultimate penalty of sin.
Positional sanctification is a one-time act of the Holy Spirit on the hearts of unbelievers whom He has chosen for salvation from sin. At the moment of salvation, believers understand and acknowledge their sinful state, their inability to save themselves through any works of their own, their need of a savior, their acceptance of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross as sin’s payment, and their faith in Jesus’ resurrection. At that moment, believers are brought out of darkness into the light. Our position before God has been changed forever. No longer dead in trespasses, we are made alive together with Christ. Our position changes in that we are made citizens of a whole new kingdom: “He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves” (Col.1:13).

Then begins progressive sanctification, the process whereby we are saved from the practice and power of sin.
Progressive sanctification is the lifelong process of becoming more Christlike as we cooperate with the Holy Spirit and yield to His control. Once we are positionally sanctified, the Holy Spirit uses the Word of God to progressively sanctify us so that in the end our practical holiness aligns with our positional holiness when we see Christ face to face in glory.

And after this physical life is over, we will be sanctified finally; that is, we will be saved from the presence of sin or Glorified.

Question:
Think of a prospector (God) picking up an ugly rock (us). This would be positional sanctification. He has set us apart as His own.

Now picture that prospector cleaning and polishing that stone until the inner jewels are revealed. This would be progressive sanctification.
Now that He has us, He continues conforming us to His image.

Last edited:
Back