Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

I'm hoping others will have question too and not be shy about asking. I have received good thoughtful feedback.
2. In the account of the creation of man before the account of Adam and Eve Gen 1:26-28. V27 is what I want to examine. It says that he created them male and female and told them to be fruitful and MULTIPLY and REPLENISH the earth.
My question is this....and Please don't yell at me....lol
Was there 2 creations one outside the Garden of Eden,where ppl were having families and multiplying on earth. (I have a really hard time accepting that Cain took his sister or niece to wife.) and one inside the Garden where Adam and Eve were set apart to just worship and fellowship with the Lord,since it says he came down in the cool of the day to talk with them?
We don't have a complete telling except in the Garden scene. God used the lineage of Adam through Seth as the bloodline of Jesus,and it was through Seth's grandson that men began to call on the name of the Lord.

For those that know a bit about me know that I believe William Branham was a man of God.
Briefly, he explains it this way.
There is but one creation account. (For the word is perfect - our understanding is short) Initially Adam was created as a theophany being (let us make man after our likeness). A complete unit being. The second account is when he is placed in a body to tend the garden and the feminish spirit (Eve) was taken from his side...

For those that know a bit about me know that I believe William Branham was a man of God.
Briefly, he explains it this way.
There is but one creation account. (For the word is perfect - our understanding is short) Initially Adam was created as a theophany being (let us make man after our likeness). A complete unit being. The second account is when he is placed in a body to tend the garden and the feminish spirit (Eve) was taken from his side...

Did you ever see him raise a dead person? Someone told me years ago that he did that. When I asked if they had seen it, or knew of any witnesses, she had no clue.

MM

OH DEAR! Way too many posts for me to read; I don't have time. But when I have questions I usually just go to the Bible.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 119
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

I heard men's opinions for years before the Lord led me to the Bible. So I do value what people tell me if they quote the Bible and the Holy Spirit confirms it. The more time we spend in the Bible, the more we learn.

2 Timothy 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Psalm 119
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

After we left a cult, I was in a Sunday School class that didn't know to look in the Bible for answers. That seemed weird.

Last edited:
But Branham taught that Eve had sex with Satan (The Serpent Seed Doctrine). I have an inkling that White Supremecists also teach that.

Oh, my. I had heard the term "serpent seed" before, but never researched it to see what it was all about. This is ludicrous! The teachers of that stuff are basing their evidence on subtle innuendo rather than hard, theological foundations that are rooted in proper hermeneutics.

Wow. How telling indeed.

MM

God never contradicts Himself, Right? He possesses eternal and comprehensive knowledge of all things, so the phrase "nor did it come into My mind" cannot mean that the people of Judah had done something that was outside of God's perfect foreknowledge.

Could it be the intention was to convey that this was something beyond His desire or wanting, something He did not command or request?

Slightly different angle in the NASB translation:
5and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burntofferings to Baal, a thing which I did not command nor speak of, nordid it ever enter My [d]mind;
[d]Lit heart

Thank you for bringing this up, I am interested to see what others think.

Did you ever see him raise a dead person? Someone told me years ago that he did that. When I asked if they had seen it, or knew of any witnesses, she had no clue.

MM

He was a man like you or I (sinner saved by grace) no one can raise the dead except God. But he did see visions of what God was going to do so he could speak it. During that ministry there were dead brought back to life, blinded eyes restored, limbs restored and devils cast out. My inlaws who have now passed on were person witnesses and recipients of devine intervention.
I first heard a bit about this ministry when I was in seminary, back in the late 70's early 80"s and it did get a few chuckles. But things have changed for me.
Jesus said if you don't believe me believe the works.
I've read some of your stuff and thereby respect you.
All I will say is check it out.

No offense, 2404, but I was also a victim of following false teachers in my life. I've also been in the presence of fake healers. This is why we have to read and trust God's word instead of being enamored by false teachers. False teachers are enticing but they add to and twist God's words. Sometimes we believe what we want to believe.

The Bible absolutely tells us God's word and we can always compare the words of men to the Bible. God's words are the light for our paths. They are 100% true and will always be so. I pray that you will have the desire to believe His words just as He gave them. It will pave the path to loving all
people on earth and having the peace that passes understanding. We can't go around believing that several people on earth are descended from Satan simply because some preacher said so. We judge righteousness and truth by a person's actual behavior and spoken word that in no way contradicts or deviates from the Bible. We don't need power to consign other humans to hell. Judgment Day will come and God will condemn the wicked. No one is a literal descendant of an angel or a fallen angel. Only humans are made with the capacity to procreate,

Jesus made that distinction in Matthew 22:

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus and questioned Him. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses declared that if a man dies without having children, his brother is to marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died without having children. So he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brothers, down to the seventh. 27 And last of all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, then, whose wife will she be of the seven? For all of them were married to her.”

29 Jesus answered, “You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

I hope this is helpful to you and others who are reading it.

BM,

Why would it seem strange that the Lord would use men to write down His inspirations...men who put things into vernaculars of human speech and thought that we understand. There really is no reason to think that such vernaculars are some indication for reason that we should wonder at the Lord's omniscience. He's simply conveying to us that, well, it never even entered His mind to set forth the worship of gods men and Satan created in their own minds. In other words, it didn't come from Him.

Does that help?

MM

He was a man like you or I (sinner saved by grace) no one can raise the dead except God. But he did see visions of what God was going to do so he could speak it. During that ministry there were dead brought back to life, blinded eyes restored, limbs restored and devils cast out. My inlaws who have now passed on were person witnesses and recipients of devine intervention.
I first heard a bit about this ministry when I was in seminary, back in the late 70's early 80"s and it did get a few chuckles. But things have changed for me.
Jesus said if you don't believe me believe the works.
I've read some of your stuff and thereby respect you.
All I will say is check it out.

Sorry. I know not what to call you by name since all I'm seeing is a number, so I am not able to honor your parents for the name they gave to you, or even a pseudo name, like mine in here. I am known as Don by many.

I have studied Branham in years past, and have even heard cassette tapes of his sermons, although I never did hear him teach about serpent seed, the interpretation of which I disagree with, and for good reason.

However, when it comes to the claims of miracles worked through him by the Lord...I don't know, and it doesn't matter. Peter, an apostle of Christ Jesus, who did perform miracles in the earlier part of his ministry, was also prone to doctrinal error, so as you said, Branham also was a man in need of a Savior like all the rest of us.

It's also to the praise of the Lord for what He has done in your life, as well as all the rest of us, and I love how that testifies of the Lord. As to the claims about other men and how they were used by the Lord, even if the Lord, through them, not they themselves (as I'm sure we can both agree) raised the dead, that matters not at all to me. I will always gauge their teachings against the written word of God, no matter what, as did the Bereans, and who were praised by Paul for not believing even him until they checked it all out against scripture. Again, I'm sure we both can agree on all this. If not, then I would be interested in your side of all this...if there is one that differs from what I have said.

So, it is to the praise of the Lord for what He has done, whether through other men, even through me, it is the Lord alone I venerate, honor, praise and listen to rather than men. The reward I store in eternity, they will be there when I arrive in that place. Until then, I point not even the the apostles, for they gave to us the words of the Lord.

MM

I thank you both for your feedback. I agree that all things must lineup with the Word. I trust that despite our difference in opinion we can still get along. God is the judge so let's agree to leave it at that.
God bless

I thank you both for your feedback. I agree that all things must lineup with the Word. I trust that despite our difference in opinion we can still get along. God is the judge so let's agree to leave it at that.
God bless

I didn't realize were in disagreement, and thus the need to "get along."

Although there are some teachers I enjoy listening to, I don't uphold any of them as worthy of my following.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

So, In the scheme of it all, we don't need any man to teach those of us who are indwelt and attuned to the Spirit of the Lord. I'm sure we can agree with that, right? Where it's true that the above verse, in context was speaking against those who seduce believers, the universal application of the quoted verse is not at all confined to the context against seducers since verse 27 is written in the sense of universal application when we consider the absolute of "...no man..." and "...all things..." Those alone drive the verse to be universally expansive.

With that, I hope we can agree. :)

MM

God bless

Well brother, I can get along with anyone!!!! What I am about to post is not aimed to harm you or anyone else. ALl of this is easily found out so do not get angry at the facts.

Now the key to getting along is accepting what is said and then saying to yourself......"Maybe I am wrong" and then admitting that!

Having said that, it needs to be said that some of us are old enough to remember Mr. Branham and at least one of us even was in a study in seminary on his actions.

I can tell all of you that back in the 50's some people even said that Mr. Branham was the incarnation of Jesus Christ, and they go as far as to say that he was virgin born, and actually pray to him and baptize in his name. In light of all this, it is rather strange that some Pentecostal and Charismatic leaders like Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts, and Benny Hinn still consider Branham to be a great man of God — all of this because of his ability to perform miracles.

You see, miracles are nothing more than "perception".

Miracles are not in any way a sufficient test to confirm whether or not someone is a true prophet of God. If that were the case, practitioners of the Christian Science cult who report miraculous healings would also have to be considered Christians. You see, the acid test is how do Branham’s, and everyone one else's teachings hold up in the light of Scripture?

Well the truth is, when you or anyone does the background historical work, you will find out that Mr. Branham was clearly influenced by the Oneness Pentecostal Movement.

He claimed that the Trinity was of the devil. He also said that Eve had sex with the Serpent in the Garden of Eden which resulted in the birth of Cain and that Cain’s descendants are the scientists and educated people of today.

It should be noted (and keep this in your mind at all times) that Branham’s parents both believed in fortunetelling (so they were not Christian) and this of course means that William Branham was raised in an occult environment.
–Kurt Koch, Between Christ and Satan (Grand Rapids: Kregal Publications, 1962), page 150

No offense, 2404, but I was also a victim of following false teachers in my life. I've also been in the presence of fake healers. This is why we have to read and trust God's word instead of being enamored by false teachers. False teachers are enticing but they add to and twist God's words. Sometimes we believe what we want to believe.

The Bible absolutely tells us God's word and we can always compare the words of men to the Bible. God's words are the light for our paths. They are 100% true and will always be so. I pray that you will have the desire to believe His words just as He gave them. It will pave the path to loving all
people on earth and having the peace that passes understanding. We can't go around believing that several people on earth are descended from Satan simply because some preacher said so. We judge righteousness and truth by a person's actual behavior and spoken word that in no way contradicts or deviates from the Bible. We don't need power to consign other humans to hell. Judgment Day will come and God will condemn the wicked. No one is a literal descendant of an angel or a fallen angel. Only humans are made with the capacity to procreate,

Jesus made that distinction in Matthew 22:

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus and questioned Him. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses declared that if a man dies without having children, his brother is to marry the widow and raise up offspring for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died without having children. So he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brothers, down to the seventh. 27 And last of all, the woman died. 28 In the resurrection, then, whose wife will she be of the seven? For all of them were married to her.”

29 Jesus answered, “You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.

I hope this is helpful to you and others who are reading it.

Excellent post!

I spent many years in producing studies on cults and angels and the occult.

Many years ago, I learned to believe NOTHING you hear and 1/2 of what you see and then with what is left, if it then does not align with the Word of God, it is false.

It seems to me that when the CONTEXT is viewd about burning newborn babies to BAAL, that God is saying that such a thing was so against His nature, so opposite from what He might decree or desire of the Israelites, that it did not "come up into His mind" -- the idea wasn't even something that dwelt in His (perfect, holy, righteous) mind. God is emphasizing how loathful and against His nature doing such a thing was by first comparing it to a commandment, then speech, and then to a thought (all in decreasing significance, and yet this thing was so contrary to God that it did not even deserve to be a thought of His).

Oh, my. I had heard the term "serpent seed" before, but never researched it to see what it was all about. This is ludicrous! The teachers of that stuff are basing their evidence on subtle innuendo rather than hard, theological foundations that are rooted in proper hermeneutics.

Wow. How telling indeed.

MM

Agreed, and it began with Mr. Branham.

Well brother, I can get along with anyone!!!! What I am about to post is not aimed to harm you or anyone else. ALl of this is easily found out so do not get angry at the facts.

Now the key to getting along is accepting what is said and then saying to yourself......"Maybe I am wrong" and then admitting that!

Having said that, it needs to be said that some of us are old enough to remember Mr. Branham and at least one of us even was in a study in seminary on his actions.

I can tell all of you that back in the 50's some people even said that Mr. Branham was the incarnation of Jesus Christ, and they go as far as to say that he was virgin born, and actually pray to him and baptize in his name. In light of all this, it is rather strange that some Pentecostal and Charismatic leaders like Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts, and Benny Hinn still consider Branham to be a great man of God — all of this because of his ability to perform miracles.

You see, miracles are nothing more than "perception".

Miracles are not in any way a sufficient test to confirm whether or not someone is a true prophet of God. If that were the case, practitioners of the Christian Science cult who report miraculous healings would also have to be considered Christians. You see, the acid test is how do Branham’s, and everyone one else's teachings hold up in the light of Scripture?

Well the truth is, when you or anyone does the background historical work, you will find out that Mr. Branham was clearly influenced by the Oneness Pentecostal Movement.

He claimed that the Trinity was of the devil. He also said that Eve had sex with the Serpent in the Garden of Eden which resulted in the birth of Cain and that Cain’s descendants are the scientists and educated people of today.

It should be noted (and keep this in your mind at all times) that Branham’s parents both believed in fortunetelling (so they were not Christian) and this of course means that William Branham was raised in an occult environment.
–Kurt Koch, Between Christ and Satan (Grand Rapids: Kregal Publications, 1962), page 150
Thank you. I only want to be at peace with other people and don't have skills in communicating that.

Having been in a cult myself, it felt like being under a dictator. I came to this site to get away from arguing. I expected to not be confronted with evil. One of my daughters was almost taken in by a group that taught non-biblical doctrines. I will send some links privately to members who can help me.

Thank you. I only want to be at peace with other people and don't have skills in communicating that.

Having been in a cult myself, it felt like being under a dictator. I came to this site to get away from arguing. I expected to not be confronted with evil. One of my daughters was almost taken in by a group that taught non-biblical doctrines. I will send some links privately to members who can help me.

You do very well!!!!

If I can ever be of any help.......feel free to "PM" me and I will get back to you.

Be careful and safe.

Back