Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

Can you give an example

I think from humans point of view we may think there are sins when there are not or we can be blind to our own sins (but love pointing out other peoples!)
However God sees into peoples hearts and knows exactly what they do

eg. Pharisee throws in spare change to temple. He thinks he's being great and pious.
Widow can give only 2 coins as that's all she has. She thinks it's not enough.

Jesus sees both and sees what's in their hearts.

Both believe in God, but Jesus knows which one is true to Him.

Lanolin .
Hmmm, let me give this example.
I watch a lot of live trials on a crime network.
Now I don't think this is sin, but when I get too involved the Spirit will tell me to back off a bit. IF he should say it is sin then I would have to give it up.
These are happening cases with types from serial murders to police brutality. Human cruelty has always made me question......why.

I have heard some say God convicted me of drinking coffee, wearing jewelry, cutting off my hair, going to ball games or races.
Why............ that one person, and not everyone ?

God wants and loves obedience.
Heb.5:7-10, talks about how the obedience of Jesus, though he was a Son, by suffering and obeying unto death, secured our salvation. He was made perfect through his obedience, and offers eternal salvation unto ALL THEM THAT OBEY HIM;

SALVATION IS ACROSS THE BOARD THE SAME FOR EVERYONE ! We must do exactly what is recorded to be saved. There is ONLY ONE WAY to access the Father and that is through the only begotten Son.

BUT....not all of us are instructed to the same journey. The Spirit leads the soul in the footsteps the Lord has ordered. Ps.119:105 ..........NUN. They word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.Ps.37:23. We are not all in the same place in our journey.

well you answered your own question
People on different stages of their journey.

drinking coffee can be addictive, jewellery could in excess be harmful, (it's mined in damaging ways or could actually be stolen) some people need to cut their hair because its gets in the way, and ball games and races can be places where people gamble.

Whatever God convicts people of, is whatever sin in their heart is. You need to stop judging others for their convictions if they are not exactly the same as yours. God knows peoples hearts, we don't necessarily do.

Salvation isn't a conviction though - salvation is just the way Jesus saves us from sin.

When the spirit convicts us, He wants it for our good.

It might be the reason that God wants us to think on things that are true, things that are lovely, things of noble and good report

Rather than watching too much human cruelty, its really not good for your soul to witness it. Can be traumatising. I had one boy wanting a book about Tarzan in the library but we didn't have any specific book on Tarzan. We had the Jungle Book but he didn't want to read the Disney Book. We had a book called Death in the Jungle a graphic novel that was illustrated but he didn't like the picture of one guy with a bloody knife. I said put it back then you don't need to read/look at that. So I found him a picture book called Jungle Drums and that was better for him. He was only 7-8 years old.

He wasn't old enough to process that much graphics, though I did think he wanted something more 'real life'. Even though it was comic style. But he just wanted to read about Tarzan. So I was trying to find the closest thing. His teacher said 'oh but its not real' but he was a bit disturbed by the guy with the bloody knife. And pictures of people dying obviously. I mean, I think I would be too. Some of those graphic books are too graphic, really.

When you are 7 years old you have your whole life ahead of you, you really don't want to necessarily be reading or thinking about death and cruelty all the time. And it not having a happy or hopeful ending.

well you answered your own question
People on different stages of their journey.

drinking coffee can be addictive, jewellery could in excess be harmful, (it's mined in damaging ways or could actually be stolen) some people need to cut their hair because its gets in the way, and ball games and races can be places where people gamble.

Whatever God convicts people of, is whatever sin in their heart is. You need to stop judging others for their convictions if they are not exactly the same as yours. God knows peoples hearts, we don't necessarily do.

Salvation isn't a conviction though - salvation is just the way Jesus saves us from sin.

Sorry, but YOU missed the whole point of the question..............I asked it so WE DONT JUDGE OTHERS !
You are good at pointing fingers out at things you're not comprehending. Take time to study the questions and answers before you reply.

?

Your posts aren't very clear sorry. No need to shout (use caps?) I find it a bit rude actually.

If instructions aren't clear, please make them easier to understand. It helps, truly.

Obviously I am failing some kind of exam I am meant to be sitting in this thread. Sorry I just won't post in it anymore. It will save you the grief of trying to explain things to me.

I think I work with children too much. I just learn it never helps them if you yell at them. They'll just go deaf.

Question :after
As a believer of Jesus Christ, knowing the Father and being led of the Spirit Do you think God views all of our sins the same ?
Do you believe that only one follower can receive conviction for something and another not receive that same conviction?

I am not talking the listing of sins in the bible. Sometimes God can ask us to do a thing to show our obedience, our faith and trust in Him, AGREE/ DISAGREE.
(somehow I missed this one)
I believe conviction from the Holy Spirit is different at different growth levels. If the Holy Spirit convicted a newborn in Christ of all his sinful ways at once, he would be overwhelmed with grief. Yet as we grow the Holy Spirit goes after (purges) the more subtle sins as we abide in His Word...

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(Heb 4:12)

Col. 1:16 ( context 14-17 )
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or power: all things were created by him, and for him:
The context includes that God is invisible.

What do you think of the terms ghost, spirit, Ezekiels ch. 1 wheels, demons ect. ?

Now we know that those created things that breathe have a spirit both animals and man.

(somehow I missed this one)
I believe conviction from the Holy Spirit is different at different growth levels. If the Holy Spirit convicted a newborn in Christ of all his sinful ways at once, he would be overwhelmed with grief. Yet as we grow the Holy Spirit goes after (purges) the more subtle sins as we abide in His Word...

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(Heb 4:12)

Agreed! Different stroke for different folks!

Col. 1:16 ( context 14-17 )
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or power: all things were created by him, and for him:
The context includes that God is invisible.

What do you think of the terms ghost, spirit, Ezekiels ch. 1 wheels, demons ect. ?

Now we know that those created things that breathe have a spirit both animals and man.
Ghosts......are a "thought" to be an apparition of a dead person which is believed to appear or become manifest to the living, typically as a nebulous image.

The simplest answer, based on the Bible’s teaching, is that there are no such things as ghosts!!!!

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"!

Spirit = the body, the spirit in man returns to God when a person dies (Eccl. 12:7).

Demons = Fallen angels. Are angels are MALE and their number is the same as it was at Creation.

You did not address your question to any specific person, but Ezekiel’s vision of the four wheels dramatically illustrates the omnipresense and omniscience of God. These wheels were associated with the “four living creatures” seen in Ezekiel 1:4, who were later described in Ezekiel 10:5, 20 as cherubim, angelic beings appointed as guardians of the holiness of God.

The Spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels (Ezekiel 1:20-21). As a result, the creatures were able to move any direction the wheels moved. Most biblical scholars hold to the idea that the Spirit of God gave direction to the wheels through direct knowledge of and access to the will of God. The mobility of the wheels suggests the omnipresence of God; the eyes, His omniscience; and the elevated position, His omnipotence.

Definitions: ghosts, spirits, demons

Ghost,apparatition of someone who had died.
1 Sam. 28 :12 ( context 9-15 )
Here we see in the OT an event that King Saul sought out at the risk of corrupting his own decree. The prophet Samuel has died, the Lord had taken his Spirit from Saul and Saul was desperate to know if the Phillistines or himself would win the battle.

Now we know this woman was a witch and practiced the dark arts of satan. King Saul had banished them all or punishment would be their price.

Needless to say Saul sought out just a one to tell him God's directive by her practice. He wanted to speak with Samuel, the prophet. Now some say this was her familiar spirit but I'm not so sure .
The woman described Samuel whom Saul knew.
The scripture says v.15 And Samuel said to Saul.............. Samuel begins to reinforce what Saul already knows ,that the Lord had departed from him. God sends word through Samuel the Prophet of what God is going to do to Israel, Saul and his sons.

Demon, an evil spirit or devil.
Rev.12 : ( 4-10 context )
This chapter is talking about the woman, the child and the dragon [ devil ] and the devil rebelling against God.
Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and the angels on his side. Michael prevailed and Satan was cast out of heaven to earth with his angels.
2 Peter ch 2 gives this account ( context)
V4. For if God spared not the angels that SINNED, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.

Spirit, is the NONPHYSICAL part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
We know that when God created man he breathed the breath of life into him and man became a living soul Gen.2:7.
So is this saying the word spirit and soul are interchangeable ?

Ezekiel wheel ch.1-3 make up your own mind . .

I have had some supernatural events happen in my life, that make me question
these phenomenons.

Definitions: ghosts, spirits, demons

Ghost,apparatition of someone who had died.
1 Sam. 28 :12 ( context 9-15 )
Here we see in the OT an event that King Saul sought out at the risk of corrupting his own decree. The prophet Samuel has died, the Lord had taken his Spirit from Saul and Saul was desperate to know if the Phillistines or himself would win the battle.

Now we know this woman was a witch and practiced the dark arts of satan. King Saul had banished them all or punishment would be their price.

Needless to say Saul sought out just a one to tell him God's directive by her practice. He wanted to speak with Samuel, the prophet. Now some say this was her familiar spirit but I'm not so sure .
The woman described Samuel whom Saul knew.
The scripture says v.15 And Samuel said to Saul.............. Samuel begins to reinforce what Saul already knows ,that the Lord had departed from him. God sends word through Samuel the Prophet of what God is going to do to Israel, Saul and his sons.

Demon, an evil spirit or devil.
Rev.12 : ( 4-10 context )
This chapter is talking about the woman, the child and the dragon [ devil ] and the devil rebelling against God.
Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and the angels on his side. Michael prevailed and Satan was cast out of heaven to earth with his angels.
2 Peter ch 2 gives this account ( context)
V4. For if God spared not the angels that SINNED, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment.

Spirit, is the NONPHYSICAL part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
We know that when God created man he breathed the breath of life into him and man became a living soul Gen.2:7.
So is this saying the word spirit and soul are interchangeable ?

Ezekiel wheel ch.1-3 make up your own mind . .

I have had some supernatural events happen in my life, that make me question
these phenomenons.

So, did the "Ghost" of Samuel appear to Saul after his death seems to be what you are saying.

The answer is NO!

The verse immediately prior, which informs the reader that "when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by the prophets" (1 Samuel 28:6). God was refusing to communicate with Saul through any means, including His prophets. Samuel, even if he had been still alive, would have had nothing to tell Saul. From this we can infer that the "Samuel" who communicated with Saul was not a prophet of God speaking from beyond the grave.

Knowing this, the entity Saul communicated with could not possibly have been the ghost or spirit of Samuel, or any other human being.

That leaves only the spirit realm as a possibility—and given that God had explicitly cut off communication between Himself (and by extension, His angels) and Saul, the only conclusion is that the "Samuel" conjured up by the medium of En Dor was a demonic spirit masquerading as God's prophet.

The demon used parts of the truth, while posing as a man of God, to paint a picture of hopelessness.

2 Corth. 11:14-15...........
"And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works".

I think it wise to remember the Word of God in Deut. 18:10-12............
"There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or cone who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you."

The verse immediately prior, which informs the reader that "when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by the prophets" (1 Samuel 28:6). God was refusing to communicate with Saul through any means, including His prophets. Samuel, even if he had been still alive, would have had nothing to tell Saul. From this we can infer that the "Samuel" who communicated with Saul was not a prophet of God speaking from beyond the grave.

Knowing this, the entity Saul communicated with could not possibly have been the ghost or spirit of Samuel, or any other human being.

That leaves only the spirit realm as a possibility—and given that God had explicitly cut off communication between Himself (and by extension, His angels) and Saul, the only conclusion is that the "Samuel" conjured up by the medium of En Dor was a demonic spirit masquerading as God's prophet.

The demon used parts of the truth, while posing as a man of God, to paint a picture of hopelessness.
Those are very good points, but I can imagine the other side (I'm neutral on this issue) bringing up...

Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David: Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day. Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.
(1Sa 28:16-19)
Do demons know/control specifics in the future?

Those are very good points, but I can imagine the other side (I'm neutral on this issue) bringing up...

Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David: Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day. Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.

Do demons know specifics in the future????

Hmmm,.....When Moses was about to be born, all Satan’s Kingdom went into a state of turmoil. Satan and Demons had seen a child with a bright star about to be born. Pharaoh’s witches and magicians had correctly seen that Moses would be special in God’s Kingdom. That God would use him to deliver the children of Israel from the bondage of Egyptians. They advised the Pharaoh to kill all the baby boys of the Hebrew slaves. After this wicked advice, hear what Pharaoh did:

Exodus 1:15-16

The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16 “When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.”

I would say No they do not for they are CREATED beings who once were angels.
These angels bought into Satan's lie that he could over throw God and take over his kingdom.
They have no power in themselves but rather were messengers OF GOD.
They are now steeped in wickedness as the one whom lied and who they followed.

God is the only one that was before and will be after for he is [always present tense] " I AM".

Do demons know specifics in the future????

Hmmm,.....When Moses was about to be born, all Satan’s Kingdom went into a state of turmoil. Satan and Demons had seen a child with a bright star about to be born. Pharaoh’s witches and magicians had correctly seen that Moses would be special in God’s Kingdom. That God would use him to deliver the children of Israel from the bondage of Egyptians. They advised the Pharaoh to kill all the baby boys of the Hebrew slaves. After this wicked advice, hear what Pharaoh did:

Exodus 1:15-16

The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16 “When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.”
So, do we say satan is omniscient as well as God? I hope not.

I would say No they do not for they are CREATED beings who once were angels.
These angels bought into Satan's lie that he could over throw God and take over his kingdom.
They have no power in themselves but rather were messengers OF GOD.
They are now steeped in wickedness as the one whom lied and who they followed.

God is the only one that was before and will be after for he is [always present tense] " I AM".
So you think maybe it was the Lord who spoke to Saul? or through Samuel? or?

Back