Pondering Questions,Looking For Feedback!

I submit that thinking of " ghosts" is not new for as we see in John 20 after Jesus resurrection, Jesus stood in their midst. Thomas being absent from the gathered disciples in the upper room did not see Jesus.
When Thomas arrived, the others told him they had seen the risen Lord. Thomas was truly a skeptic. He boasted he would not believe unless he saw and felt.
8 days later with all the doors and window fastened shut, Jesus appeared again and quoted to Thomas as he had once before
[ Jn. 1:48 ] his very own words.
Mt.14:26 ( context 23-29 ) when Jesus walked on water, they supposed him to be a spirit.

Last edited:
So, do we say satan is omniscient as well as God? I hope not.

Of course not. Jesus, through His death and resurrection, destroyed the power of the devil. If the devil were omniscient, he would have known this ahead of time and never allowed Jesus to be crucified.

In like fashion I would say that he knows exactly how to tempt us at all times in order to get us away from God. I believe the devil only uses what has worked in the past, and when we learn to conquer that particular temptation, he tries something else.

So you think maybe it was the Lord who spoke to Saul? or through Samuel? or?

I do. As I've said before, if I am wrong show me do not just tell me " your wrong".
God made an ass speak,brought water from a rock, has revealed himself in his shekanah glory which is a visible manifestation of God.
He made the sun stand still, made visible his army of angels on a hill to one who thought they were out numbered ,etc, there are many examples of God doing the impossible in man's world !

I submit that thinking of " ghosts" is not new for as we see in John 20 after Jesus resurrection, Jesus stood in their midst. Thomas being absent from the gathered disciples in the upper room did not see Jesus.
When Thomas arrived, the others told him they had seen the risen Lord. Thomas was truly a skeptic. He boasted he would not believe unless he saw and felt.
8 days later with all the doors and window fastened shut, Jesus appeared again and quoted to Thomas as he had once before
[ In. 1:48 ] his very own words.
Mt.14:26 ( context 23-29 ) when Jesus walked on water, they supposed him to be a spirit.
Why did Jesus' disciples believe in the existence of ghosts” ?????

The answer is because ‘everybody’ did. They just ‘did’. They were a ‘normal’ part of the Jewish ‘life’.
And, no ‘big deal’.

When you are taught something all your life, then when the truth come, it is hard to lay aside the traditional.

I do. As I've said before, if I am wrong show me do not just tell me " your wrong".
God made an ass speak,brought water from a rock, has revealed himself in his shekanah glory which is a visible manifestation of God.
He made the sun stand still, made visible his army of angels on a hill to one who thought they were out numbered ,etc, there are many examples of God doing the impossible in man's world !
Like I said a few posts back, I'm neutral on this one, although Major brought up a good point indicating.."The verse immediately prior, which informs the reader that "when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by the prophets" (1 Samuel 28:6)."

If you are saying " IT WAS TAUGHT", then can we not say the same thing to so many who believe in false doctrine we cannot name.

How do we know something to be TRUTH?

We ARE to compare scripture to scripture rightly divide in context, and compare spiritual to spiritual, NO?

Like I said a few posts back, I'm neutral on this one, although Major brought up a good point indicating.."The verse immediately prior, which informs the reader that "when Saul inquired of the Lord, the Lord did not answer him, either by dreams or by Urim or by the prophets" (1 Samuel 28:6)."

Yes, I see that also but we know God does things out of the norm sometimes, YES?

But if God said in Deut. 18:10-14.............
"There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,[a] anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the Lord your God, 14 for these nations, which you are about to dispossess, listen to fortune-tellers and to diviners. But as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do this."

Why would he then SPEAK to Saul through a so called witch of when He has told Israel that they can not consult a witch or a charmer or a necromancer. If He did......wouldn't that make Him an ABOMINATION by association??????

Also in 1 Sam. 28:15............
"Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” “I am deeply distressed,” replied Saul. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has turned away from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”

Now if it is God speaking through the witch.........doesn't that make God a liar??????

If you are saying " IT WAS TAUGHT", then can we not say the same thing to so many who believe in false doctrine we cannot name.

We ARE to compared scripture to scripture rightly divide in context, and compare spiritual to spiritual, NO?
It would be really nice to everyone if you would address the "REPLY" option so we would know who you are speaking to.

Well since only 3 are posting , I believe ppl know by my reply to whom I'm speaking.

I do not want to stir the air with some so I generalise.

We ARE to compare scripture to scripture rightly divide in context, and compare spiritual to spiritual, NO?

If you are speaking to the ole Major then yes. It was common Jewish teaching and all the disciples were Jewish.

And yes, IMHO it would also apply to say......someone taught all their life that water baptism is necessary for salvation and then along comes someone and says.....NO that is not Bible! It can cause a problem and has and will.

We like what we know even if what we know is not correct!!!

But if God said in Deut. 18:10-14.............
"There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering,[a] anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer 11 or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the Lord your God, 14 for these nations, which you are about to dispossess, listen to fortune-tellers and to diviners. But as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do this."

Why would he then SPEAK to Saul through a so called witch of when He has told Israel that they can not consult a witch or a charmer or a necromancer. If He did......wouldn't that make Him an ABOMINATION by association??????

Also in 1 Sam. 28:15............
"Then Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” “I am deeply distressed,” replied Saul. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has turned away from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.”

Now if it is God speaking through the witch.........doesn't that make God a liar??????

Do you not think the word would have said her familiar or another spirit rather than name Samuel ?

Well since only 3 are posting , I believe ppl know by my reply to whom I'm speaking.

I do not want to stir the air with some so I generalise.

Ture........but it is polite to allow everyone to know so that there are no misunderstandings.

BINGO!!!! We have a winner!

Yes, I see that also but we know God does things out of the norm sometimes, YES?

Yes He does, I agree. But He never ever breaks His Word!

I would appreciate your responce to post #268. You said that it was God speaking to Saul and You are adimate about sticking to the word of God as am I.

Please consider the questions in #268 and the Word of God and rethink your post.

If you are speaking to the ole Major then yes. It was common Jewish teaching and all the disciples were Jewish.

And yes, IMHO it would also apply to say......someone taught all their life that water baptism is necessary for salvation and then along comes someone and says.....NO that is not Bible! It can cause a problem and has and will.

We like what we know even if what we know is not correct!!!

I did not know old Major, so I have no reference point except here in the forums.

I would say that any correction, instruction, rebuke or teaching must be DONE IN LOVE !
Smothered in love even the bitter is easy to swallow.

I did not know old Major, so I have no reference point except here in the forums.

I would say that any correction, instruction, rebuke or teaching must be DONE IN LOVE !
Smothered in love even the bitter is easy to swallow.

I agree 100%.

My name is Major.

I am old.

Old Major.

Now you know me and we can be friends!

And in love, that is exactly what I am trying to do for you in post #268. Have you reconsidered yet?

From the Word of God, I am trying in love to show you that it simply could not be God speaking to Saul through the witch.:)

Back