Many Will Say "lord, Lord..."

Mixedpah, ixioyote, I've got to get out the door for some morning evangelism. I'll come back to you later. It's time to go and tell someone that they can get their free ticket to heaven, they don't gotta do nuttin just believe

If you really don't like the pet names I'll stop just lmk

I hope you ain't gettin' misty over em. You just seem so stiff and upright I mean uptight

I'm tryin to loosen the bonds a little . I consider you friends.

Especially pm cause he said he was stayin around for me, xoxo
:eek:

Not sure of your point? In grace we are safe and cannot be taken from the Fathers hand... but if we turn back to law...we are subject to the warnings of the scriptures "ye are cut-off" you have fallen from grace....this is not a hard biblical concept to grasp?
Right so we can get stoned on weed and play video games and were still good cause the law says nothin bout that right? Your logic keeps giving more meat to chew on with my one tooth

You have not the power to pluck yourself from the Father's hand....
That is to deny the warnings of scripture....yes you and I can resist the grace of God...and there will be a real price to pay according to what is written... not any mans opinion...nor any ones religious doctrine or group.. not a passing prophet... but the Word of the Living God!

Right so we can get stoned on weed and play video games and were still good cause the law says nothin bout that right? Your logic keeps giving more meat to chew on with my one tooth
:cool: Bring some scripture and then you can make a point:)

Jesus warned three times against deceptive miracles in the last days—for example, He said, “False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24, see also vs. 4,5,11). This verse teaches two important points. First, signs and wonders are not a sure sign of God’s activity, since they can be performed by false christs and false prophets. Secondly, God’s “elect” will, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, be able to discern the difference between false and true miracles, although they will be so convincing that even they will nearly be deceived.

The Apostle Paul gives the same warning in his discourse about the antichrist in 2 Thessalonians 2. “The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:9,10).

No I already smoked that argument into oblivion. Then u were mad about the incorrect name I gave you...your escape route. You ignored the facts I presented and pouted about mixedpah

Your fallen from grace doctrine fell thru the crack and you could not refute me.

Teehehehaw

What kind of silly childish behavior is this??????

in Matthew 25 14-30 we see the slaves working in the vineyard ..
those who do NOT invest what is ENTRUSTED to them to put to use, then it is taken away from them and receive eternal punishment, because Jesus is a "exacting" (counting) man (see books with deeds in Rev 20:12,13) .. just like He tells those after that parable .. they did NOT INVEST THE LOVE that He first gave us ..

1Pe 1:17
If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

Yea Major...they kick me off? something is not right..:cautious:
They cannot defeat the soundness of my doctrine...they could not just toss me off because of the folks who stood up for me...so now they allow these attacks in an attempt to provoke me.. read what this guy has been posting to me? And Im a trouble maker? Come on?

Well lets return to the topic...here is an interesting scripture that I thinks sheds some light on the issue:

1Jo 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

indeed .. no one can take us from the Father's hand or will He in no wise cast us out ..
IF .. we continue/endure in His love ..
BUT .. we can "take our hands off the plow" or "turn away" ..
meaning WE can take ourselves from the father's hand and cast ourselves out ..

But can one really have the Spirit if God and then fall away? I cannot IMAGINE
I don't think so.. Today there are many false teachers.. Who knows if they are really saved. Only Lord knows. But, there are people getting saved through them. That does not mean the preacher has fallen of grace. God can use anyone for His purpose. So if a person is falling away, I would ask if they were really saved at the first place

We must distinguish between the sign gifts and the gifts of the Spirit gifts. The sign gifts were for the confirmation of the spoken words of the early apostles and disciples. This was needed because the New Testament had not been completed.

The grace gifts are the enablings of God the work of the ministry in this age. They will continue to the end of the age. Though the sign gifts are usually what people mean when they refer to the gifts of the Spirit, the grace gifts also operate through the working of the Spirit of God.

Shortly after His resurrection and right before His ascension into heaven, Jesus had these words to say about the signs that would be associated with His apostles.

Mark 16:14 clearly identifies the eleven apostles......
"Afterward he appeared unto the ELEVEN as they sat at meat, and unbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen".

Then In Mark 16:17-18, we read:
"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; [18] They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

The ones designated as the ELEVEN are clearly the THEM who had the sign gifts. Some will not accept that but when we read Hebrews 2:1-4 we have the clear proof.
"Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

The ELEVEN in Mark 16 are the ones who heard Jesus tell them about the gifts He was giving to them.

Five signs are to follow them, the apostles as they preach the gospel and follow Jesus Christ and take the gospel to all parts of the world.:
  1. Casting out devils
  2. Speaking with new tongues
  3. Taking up serpents
  4. Drinking deadly things
  5. Healing the sick by the laying on of hands
Notice that it is not a pick and choose what you want but rather a package deal. The sign gifts are inclusive.
These gifts enabled the apostles to travel in very hard, wild and dry lands without suffering. These gifts were the proof to show what they were doing was from God.

Today we have the completed Word of God and "sign gifts" are not required.
This I agree brother. Jesus performed mighty miracles as signs. Same way Lord performed miracles while bringing Israel out of Egypt. For example, Jesus walking on water. Establishing that he has total control over natural forces. The same one who made red sea part apart. That's why disciples were amazed when he calmed the storms

I don't think today we should expect such kind of miracles. The spiritual gifts today is only for edification and building the church stronger. That's why love is the greatest of all

Jesus warned three times against deceptive miracles in the last days—for example, He said, “False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect” (Matthew 24:24, see also vs. 4,5,11). This verse teaches two important points. First, signs and wonders are not a sure sign of God’s activity, since they can be performed by false christs and false prophets. Secondly, God’s “elect” will, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, be able to discern the difference between false and true miracles, although they will be so convincing that even they will nearly be deceived.
The Apostle Paul gives the same warning in his discourse about the antichrist in 2 Thessalonians 2. “The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:9,10).

I see. Now will those false signs and wonders be performed "...in His NAME..."? or will they point to the one who seems to be performing those signs and wonders? Or will satan use his servants to performs signs and wonders to glorify the Lord Jesus?
Seems to me that many false signs and wonders are already being "performed" through the power of radio and television: where they cannot be authenticated!

The first sure sign of God's activity is the preaching of the Gospel that saves. It is found in I Cor. 15: 1-4; Mk. 26:16-18; and Acts 2:38-39. Those scriptures agree in their entirety with Jn. 14:6 _ "I am the way (repentance), the truth (by which sins are remitted), and the Life (able to raise one from the dead - the Spirit of God): no man comes unto the Father, but by me (Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world)". The last part of verse 6 in Jn. 14, shows us that the Father (God) was "...in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself." Without the Gospel, everything else is smoke and mirrors. It is saying that the Gospel ("...the chief cornerstone...") is resting upon the scriptures ("...foundation of the apostles and prophets"); instead of the scriptures resting upon the Gospel.

Children of the Lord should not be afraid nor intimidated by signs and wonders. "And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

I agree with what you said Major ..
but I do believe Matthew 24:24 is translated incorrectly ..

Jesus is specifically speaking of endtimes ..
pseudochristos & pseudoprophētēs
are suppose to be translated in the singular ..
why the translator "chose to" make it plural makes no sense to me ..

Here are some Scriptures to consider,

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. Act 5:3, 4

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev 20:15

So, if I was once saved and then not, please tell me which one of these two propositions is correct?

1. Jesus is a liar and the Holy Spirit does abide with me forever,
or
2. The Holy Spirit goes with me into the Lake of Fire which means He is not God.

There is the Book of Life with the name of every human born and then there is the Lamb's Book of Life Rev 21:27 with the names of those that received His salvation, those that didn't receive His salvation will have their names blotted out of the Book of Life.

Abraham negotiated for his family living in Sodom with the Lord, 10 souls in all, Lot, his wife, two daughters and their husbands, two unmarried daughters and their future husbands, notice out of the 10 only one is named, Peter tells us Lot was righteous, his name is written in the lamb's Book of Life, the others are not named because their names will be blotted out if they haven't been already.

Blessings,

Gene

Here are some Scriptures to consider,

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev 20:15

So, if I was once saved and then not, please tell me which one of these two propositions is correct?

1. Jesus is a liar and the Holy Spirit does abide with me forever,
or
2. The Holy Spirit goes with me into the Lake of Fire which means He is not God.

OR .. Jesus was speaking to the Apostles ..
whom with the 12 Prophets are the 24 Elders (upon who laid the foundation Eph 2:20) who are given thrones ..

Last edited:
You know guys I have been in the charismatic movement since the beginning, and I was saved by the power of God..not just a trip to the alter..a life changing event and had no doubt about God and His Power. I have seen many of the things that my brother Major says has passed away. I will not have a walk that does not have the power of God according to the scriptures. But I found something greater I found that a believer who loves as Christ loves is my true brother whether he believes in the gifts or not..it don't matter to me. So I don't care if someone has all the signs and wonders..if they are not teaching the gospel that Paul taught or they are not walking in real biblical love? They are of no value to me as to the intentions and calling God has given to me.

Back