Many Will Say "lord, Lord..."

I don't think so.. Today there are many false teachers.. Who knows if they are really saved. Only Lord knows. But, there are people getting saved through them. That does not mean the preacher has fallen of grace. God can use anyone for His purpose. So if a person is falling away, I would ask if they were really saved at the first place
That s how the Spirit reveals things to me as well.

I don't think so.. Today there are many false teachers.. Who knows if they are really saved. Only Lord knows. But, there are people getting saved through them. That does not mean the preacher has fallen of grace. God can use anyone for His purpose. So if a person is falling away, I would ask if they were really saved at the first place

How can the unsaved person#2 get saved through another unsaved person#1: especially since the other person#1 may not know the Gospel? Can person#1 just say "Jesus saves" and ask person #@ to say the sinner's prayer: and that person get saved?

Even tho the thread was answered by quoting john 3:17-18 it seems some still struggle to find the trust required to believe God and to take God's word on eternal security.

I'm not one of them.

But to address allie and her "friend" mitzpah (and mine),

Here's what Paul would have you do in regard to my teasin' and dissin'.

First, I knew you would never listen to my OSAS view any more than I would listen to yours so I badgered instead. You can't handle that? Too bad. Romans 15:1-5 put that in your pipe and smoke it.

There is nothing you could say or do to cause me to want you to suffer in any way. I own your criticisms, I resemble your remarks :)

Now the threads complete...

Even tho the thread was answered by quoting john 3:17-18 it seems some still struggle to find the trust required to believe God and to take God's word on eternal security.

I'm not one of them.

First, I knew you would never listen to my OSAS view any more than I would listen to yours so I badgered instead. You can't handle that? Too bad. Romans 15:1-5 put that in your pipe and smoke it.

There is nothing you could say or do to cause me to want you to suffer in any way. I own your criticisms, I resemble your remarks :)

Ro 15:1 ¶ We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5 ¶ Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Gee no wonder you are so confused about this issue?:LOL:

Ro 15:1 ¶ We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5 ¶ Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

Gee no wonder you are so confused about this issue?:LOL:
And to my knowledge "badgering" is not godly behavior...nor does it keep the rules of this forum.

I'm not one of them.

I'm sorry: that was my first reaction...but not directed at anyone.
I wish there was a way that our answers could only be directed at (a) specific person(s). Because it is an open forum, hard to tell. I'm sorry for butting in.

Have a good day.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Now these scriptures are absolute truth..but all scripture must be considered on this issue. Without doubt there are clear warnings and they cannot be ignored for sake of a tradition such as OSAS...my point is OSAS is a sound doctrine "if" its based upon grace and to continue in grace. But when one leaves the Grace of God and returns to self-righteousness in the law...they are very much in the condition of the warnings that God has spoken in His Word. All the sure promises of God are "sure" because He made them based upon grace...that's what makes them sure! In grace we cannot fall or fail... never! But when we "willingly sin" and return to the law, we are in grave danger. "the strength of sin is the law"

Mitspah said:
"In grace we cannot fall or fail...". _____________________

We either are saved by grace, or not saved if we return to sin. Now, "...if we sin wilfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins." But a certain fearful looking for of judgment...".

Going back and seeking to be justified by the Law is not of grace: neither is sinning willfully covered under grace. One is seeking to be justified; the other, making faith shipwreck. They are two different decisions. Which are you talking about?

How can the unsaved person#2 get saved through another unsaved person#1: especially since the other person#1 may not know the Gospel? Can person#1 just say "Jesus saves" and ask person #@ to say the sinner's prayer: and that person get saved?
I don't think a person can ever be saved by another person.. It is the Word of God and through His grace a person could be saved.. Word of God will never return empty.. That is why I mentioned like that..

I don't think a person can ever be saved by another person.. It is the Word of God and through His grace a person could be saved.. Word of God will never return empty.. That is why I mentioned like that..

Amen: God's word will never return to Him empty, "...but it shall accomplish..." the purpose for which it was sent. But the problem lies with the "false teachers"...and if they be saved if they are false. If they teach or preach a false gospel, can the hearers be saved by the false teaching or gospel? Personally, I don't think so. However: God is still faithful to His word: and
He has promised to save "...whosoever calls upon the NAME of the Lord...". So if He promised, He will also put a saint, a preacher, or someone who knows the Gospel in the sinner's path.

Amen: God's word will never return to Him empty, "...but it shall accomplish..." the purpose for which it was sent. But the problem lies with the "false teachers"...and if they be saved if they are false. If they teach or preach a false gospel, can the hearers be saved by the false teaching or gospel? Personally, I don't think so. However: God is still faithful to His word: and
He has promised to save "...whosoever calls upon the NAME of the Lord...". So if He promised, He will also put a saint, a preacher, or someone who knows the Gospel in the sinner's path.
Agreed. The elect would always be receptive towards the gospel and could temporarily believe a mixedpah of works and grace until the truth be explained either by studying the word or from a brother 's teaching it. They are not saved until they believe the gospel.

And to my knowledge "badgering" is not godly behavior...nor does it keep the rules of this forum.
Ungodly means not having a regard for God.
If I regard you as a person in need of correction and choose to badger you because I know you're not listening I'm not being ungodly unless I don't care about you. An example of ungodly behavior is when you demanded that in"prove you wrong"
The spirit of that demand was not sharing truth in love but winning an argument. That's ungodly.

Agreed. The elect would always be receptive towards the gospel and could temporarily believe a mixedpah of works and grace until the truth be explained either by studying the word or from a brother 's teaching it. They are not saved until they believe the gospel.
Why don't you lay the truth out? Its clear you cannot defeat anything I have posted on this thread or any other for that matter. Lets see if you know the scriptures?

Ungodly means not having a regard for God.
If I regard you as a person in need of correction and choose to badger you because I know you're not listening I'm not being ungodly unless I don't care about you. An example of ungodly behavior is when you demanded that in"prove you wrong"
The spirit of that demand was not sharing truth in love but winning an argument. That's ungodly.
No ungodly means Not of God or to act contrary to the known will of God. Badgering is not a godly act..nor is it in keeping with the rules of this forum as has been presented to me;)

Now these scriptures are absolute truth..but all scripture must be considered on this issue. Without doubt there are clear warnings and they cannot be ignored for sake of a tradition such as OSAS...my point is OSAS is a sound doctrine "if" its based upon grace and to continue in grace. But when one leaves the Grace of God and returns to self-righteousness in the law...they are very much in the condition of the warnings that God has spoken in His Word. All the sure promises of God are "sure" because He made them based upon grace...that's what makes them sure! In grace we cannot fall or fail... never! But when we "willingly sin" and return to the law, we are in grave danger. "the strength of sin is the law"

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
All wrong

I guess a point which both of us will never agree with each other :) This goes hand in hand with election.. Because what I would ask is, can a person leave from Grace of God.. Your response is yes and my response is no.. Because for me, it is God who brought that person into God.. Can man undo what God has done.. No is the answer for me.. And for you, man can leave grace because he had a part in first coming into Grace of God.. Which was his or her response to the invitation from God.. Both of us will show scripture for this (with different interpretations).. We will debate decently for some time and finally start insulting each other because we cannot persuade each other :) So I think it is better I stop arguing now itself! LOL!!

Back