Honesty Is The Best Policy

Yes....once the evolution faith is in...it is hard to get out...

You mean theory.

theory[ thee-uh-ree, theer-ee ]LINK0
img
noun plural the·o·ries.1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:Einstein's theory of relativity.2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.3. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject: number theory.

they said they created the Bible and the world?. Even if they said that, I just don't believe it... I don't know how to describe it, but I just know that it's God.
Yes it is little buddy, but why would you think jesus would be that god. Why not allah why not shiva why not braham.

exactly. Nothing has proved evolution of the mind. Prior to me being Christian I took and anthropology class and thought it was completely bogus.
Chris,

I see you are a man of knowledge... I respect that. I have yet to find anything that proves about the evolution of the mind. All I find is knowledge has been lost and has been found again.

Evolution was not the topic of the thread. I left christianity because I couldnt trust its reliability. Evolution is not the theory of the begining of the universe, thats a diffrent theory. So I am not saying there is no god or that a being of great power didnt make the universe, I am saying jesus is not god.

Evolution was not the topic of the thread. I left christianity because I couldnt trust its reliability. Evolution is not the theory of the begining of the universe, thats a diffrent theory. So I am not saying there is no god, I am saying jesus is not god.

Could I ask what is your purpose, your desire to be on this forum is then? Is it merely to offer an alternative view?

Chris,

I will not push you away. Many great minds have been made foolish, and the foolish have been made wise throughout many generations. I understand where you stand, but one cannot deny the Creator. Something divine and beyond our understanding. We try to dissect God and put human thought into it, when we can't even begin to touch the power and glory of Him. There have been many great minds that thought there was no God and it is a false teaching, trying to disprove God. They were proven wrong. Many times I have been humbled. I pray that you to are humbled. Take religion out of the equation and concentrate on the book as a whole.

I know if you look at the complexity of a single cell in the body and how 1000's of cells in the body function to keep you alive. There is a design. Even the stars and the planets. All are created and designed by one God/Creator.

Chris,

I will not push you away. Many great minds have been made foolish, and the foolish have been made wise throughout many generations. I understand where you stand, but one cannot deny the Creator. Something divine and beyond our understanding. We try to dissect God and put human thought into it, when we can't even begin to touch the power and glory of Him. There have been many great minds that thought there was no God and it is a false teaching, trying to disprove God. They were proven wrong. Many times I have been humbled. I pray that you to are humbled. Take religion out of the equation and concentrate on the book as a whole.

I know if you look at the complexity of a single cell in the body and how 1000's of cells in the body function to keep you alive. There is a design. Even the stars and the planets. All are created and designed by one God/Creator.

Its not about that, its about the bible, it doesnt add up anymore. Its full of errors and contradictions. I cant help but chuck it and the god who said I wrote this.

Its not about that, its about the bible, it doesnt add up anymore. Its full of errors and contradictions. I cant help but chuck it and the god who said I wrote this.

You are entitled to believe what you want. All I can do is pray that you find the truth in whatever you are searching for. Our human spirit always searches for the void of knowing all the answers. All I can ask is look around you carefully and see the beauty in all things. See how things flow like water and the wind. Everything has a purpose. It has been created without question. Man is trying to find the God particle. Dark matter that holds the planets, stars, nebulas, quasars and black holes in place.

Take the Bible out of it and try to explain how everything works the way it does.

You are entitled to believe what you want. All I can do is pray that you find the truth in whatever you are searching for. Our human spirit always searches for the void of knowing all the answers. All I can ask is look around you carefully and see the beauty in all things. See how things flow like water and the wind. Everything has a purpose. It has been created without question. Man is trying to find the God particle. Dark matter that holds the planets, stars, nebulas, quasars and black holes in place.

Take the Bible out of it and try to explain how everything works the way it does.

And how exactly does the bible explain everything. I wish it did then I wouldnt be looking elsewhere.

This is what I am talking about... Labels.

Just because someone questions his faith doesn't mean they don't believe. We are to be a beacon of love and support, not one that pushes people away from the Lord. This is one of many reasons why I seek the Lord alone and walk in love and understanding.

Listen to people that are hurting and seeking, not label them and ask them WHY?
FOC, you going a bit too far, I agree with Dan.

Back