Honesty Is The Best Policy

Chris, in my own life I am extremely frustrated at God. I have many sessions where I curse His helpfulness. But everyday before I go to bed, I thank Him for all he has done. For the cross. For making me. For all my blessings. I repent and say no matter what I will push on and carry my cross. Sure, living life like the devil wants will be easier! But I hate the devils ways! you? Lets be realistic and honest, it is either God's way or our (the devils) way.

Life is frustrating for us! and imho it will only be getting worse. This is the LAST opportunity for God to test us with the presence of evil. In heaven there will be no afflictions, no infirmities, no suffering, no tears. Only joy, peace and happiness.

We are living in the last days. Just like in a race you take a deep breath before the finish line, we all need to be taking that breath! and finish the race. Nobody said it was easy. If a church did, they lied. Imagine how proud God is of His children who remain loyal despite suffering.

God has boasted about you for the last 13 years ;).

It does not matter I could ignore all the anti exposure and come running back to god, as I feel like doing now. But I will end up leaving again because I just cant get things working, not even baby steps.

It does not matter I could ignore all the anti exposure and come running back to god, as I feel like doing now. But I will end up leaving again because I just cant get things working, not even baby steps.
Ok. Lets say that today Nero was forcing Christians to line up and meet the lions or sign his petition that says you deny Christ, what will you do?

I been doing this for a few years, I either stay with god and put up with knowing all the errors and problems with christianity that no christian likes to admit and end up a black sheep. Or I go and face who knows what.

I don't know, how can I know
Give a yes or no answer please. Yes you accept Christ and will go to the lions or no, you deny Christ and will not go to the lions with the other Christians. It could happen tomorrow with the anti-christ if you miss the rapture. Nero, will take a 'I dont know' as you want to go to the lions ;). Are you prepared to eaten by lions, burnt at the stake or have your head chopped off for Christ?

I been doing this for a few years, I either stay with god and put up with knowing all the errors and problems with christianity that no christian likes to admit and end up a black sheep. Or I go and face who knows what.
There are no errors. Just truth waiting to be correctly understood.

2nd lie: God doesn't exist
3rd lie: Money makes you happy
4th: All that matters is that you be a "good" person.
5th: Take medications and go to a counselor to feel better about yourself.
6th: You must be successfull to amount to anything. Success means a complted education and a well paying job with status.
7th: Sex will fulfil you
8th: Christians are hypocrits (all of them).
9th: Christianity is a religion.
10th, 11th, 12th, 13th...: Fill in the blank

You have not thought it through. We can question our salvation but not our faith. If you question your faith....are you saying that tomorrow you can wake-up an atheist???? When we make the leap of faith, we don't stay in the air, do we?

If you have received Jesus, you have received Jesus. If you have not received Jesus, you have not received Jesus. You WILL know if you are a new creation. You will know that you have heard God's voice. You will know that you have touched Jesus.

I can question my commitment to my wife, but not the fact that I have a relationship with her as my wife. Hence no atheist can be an ex-Christian.
But you have to understand that the enemy WILL tempt you to question your faith. What makes you think Satan won't do anything in his power to question you about things? I fully believe that Satan comes to attack your faith, to make you doubt. He's done it to me, but once I rebuke him in Jesus' name, he leaves immediately.

In the words of rev lovejoy

"...ooooh short answer yes with an if, long answer no with a but..."

and my answer is

?
That is schocking Chris. A ? means you will not go to the lions for Jesus in my books. You think God does not know that? Do you think a man will marry a woman if he knew she would continue fornicating behind his back in marriage?

I am done wasting my time here with you Chris. I answered your dilemma in my first post. Grab Jesus with both hands, hook, line and sinker or go home.

But you have to understand that the enemy WILL tempt you to question your faith. What makes you think Satan won't do anything in his power to question you about things? I fully believe that Satan comes to attack your faith, to make you doubt. He's done it to me, but once I rebuke him in Jesus' name, he leaves immediately.
I am not disputing that the devil will tempt us on anything and everything he can. But on our faith, as Christians, have we not moved on from merely having faith in Christ's existence and Him being the Son of God? We now have faith in His goodness, in His provision, in Him keeping us. The statement 'doubting our faith' cannot mean we lose our faith in Christ surely...? Please see post #107.

King, I reckon that if doubting ones faith means you have lost salvation, then the bible is incorrect and false teaching. The disciples doubted Jesus and He was right in front of them. I don't think you're giving Katie and I a chance. I think you stand so firm on your belief about this issue that you're not opening your eyes to what the truth is. Or other possibilities.

Also, regardless of why the disciples doubted Jesus, if they doubted what he said he would do (and what he did), that is in itself doubting our savior.

King, have you read the book of Job? Particularly the ending?

As I said in post # 107, did Peter doubt Jesus after his revelation from God? As Christians do you think we stay in the air after we make the leap of faith?

Peter needed all that proof when Jesus was on earth. Interesting. Yet, we whom do not hear God speak to us the way they did in the Old Testament and whom did not see Jesus and his miracles, are to lose salvation if we occasionally doubt or have had a doubt after we've taken the leap of faith. Oh OK. That makes sense.

The world has a lot to offer.........., sin , pain, hate, fear, lust that never ends, false peace, ..i know, i was saved at 15 and never did anything, i walked away from God at 22 and went to see what all i missed in the world,.......and it was fun at the start, doing drugs , drinking, party, party . party, till one day I woke up and found I had lost my wife, my 3 kids, my job, and any self respect that i once had . i became an a Alcoholic for over 25 years. depressed wanting to die. that is what the world had to offer me. .....................now for the past 590 days i have been clean and sober and I am a leader in our churches CR program, I have been re married for 19 years and all that I lost GOD has givin back to me, he was there all the time, he never left me, if it were not for Jesus I would be dead or in prison instead of living happy and in peace and helping others get set free. that is what GOD has to offer.

Peter needed all that proof when Jesus was on earth. Interesting. Yet, we whom do not hear God speak to us the way they did in the Old Testament and whom did not see Jesus and his miracles, are to lose salvation if we occasionally doubt or have had a doubt after we've taken the leap of faith. Oh OK. That makes sense.
When did I say we can lose our salvation from doubting?

I have explained myself clearly in posts # 26, 107, 118 and on salvation #122.

Back