Honesty Is The Best Policy

Whoa dude! Everything I said was in a question. How am I labeling? Maybe you are the labeling labeler?

I was making a statement. If you question anything outside the written word you are labeled as something whether it is in a form of a question... For example. I say that revelation already happened if you use the tense of the wording in context, soon after John wrote it. So I got labeled as a preterist, because I mentioned I swayed towards their views on things. It doesn't make me a preterist if I agree with some of their views. If someone is swaying in their belief, aren't we supposed to be gentle with our words and listen? Show them what the word says and guide them. If they continually refuse the word then love them anyway. Show kindness, have a open heart and mind.

When it comes to the book of Mormon it doesn't flow with the line of scripture. It is a different doctrine. Just like any how the King James Bible was arranged. It was arranged by scholars that translated the Bible and then put the pieces together. Personally I have issues with men not ordained by God deciding what is canon and not canon.

I think we are to seek the answers and be guided by the whisper of the Holy Spirit. Things witness with you and the puzzle pieces come together when you do research. We are like detectives trying to find all the pieces of the puzzle to paint the big picture for what it is. How are we to understand the Bible if we don't understand the Jewish culture and ways and how and why they believe what they believed.

What am I questioning is why are there pyramids all over the world and why are there pyramids on mars. Did the Lord create us to populate the earth and harvest it and grow to know Him. The universe is another huge question. It is so huge and vast. We are a grain of sand compared to many stars and planets in the universe. Also I have seen things in the sky many call UFO's with my own eyes. I question crop circles. So that is another question I have. Also the ancient books of India talking about flying vehicles and beams coming out of them and war in the skies. There is a city in India called Rajasthan, India that has nuclear ash and has been dated 8,000 to 12,000 years ago. Did we lose technology and knowledge and are now regaining this?

There are so many questions outside the Bible, but I still believe in Jesus and the scriptures. It doesn't say not to look up the history of the world we live in for answers. He created this world and we live in it so why can't we question things.

Many believers are harsh when you think outside the grounds of the Bible. They label you and pick you apart when they fail to look at themselves and their ways. We are all sinners according to the word. The Bible is a book that teaches us how to be human, live in love, honesty and trust.

This is exactly why I told you to stop. I knew you would egg him on. Everything people have been saying about you on here has clearly been proven to me, and to think I gave you the benefit of the doubt. We should be stregthening his faith and not reaffirming "questions" by going into detail the way you did FOC. I hope that makes sense.

This is exactly why I told you to stop. I knew you would egg him on. Everything people have been saying about you on here has clearly been proven to me, and to think I gave you the benefit of the doubt. We should be stregthening his faith and not reaffirming "questions" by going into detail the way you did FOC. I hope that makes sense.

Benefit of the doubt? We should all be open minded. I am not turning anyone away. It is nice to know everyone has been saying things about me...

OK. Maybe I shouldn't ask him if he's an atheist. At least, not yet. But when he used part of the old saying "throwing the baby out with the bath water"....well...I gotta wonder. What exactly does he want us to say? Some of the basics of spiritual discernment seem to be missing in Chris's statements, questions and concerns. Some of the most popular atheist websites are all about nit-picking the bible's "contradictions". Go see for yourselves.
If there are actual concerns about the bible then just ask specific questions. Why just keep going on the doubt round-a-bout with generalized statements? It really makes no sense. Can't discern light from darkness? Chris needs to be saved. Simple as that. We can only point him in the direction. Chris has to make the move.

Well that clears up my question about what you are questioning exactly. In my case I am not interested in conspriacy theory or unexplainable phenomena. I am only interested in the facts of the history of the bible its legitimacy of authenticity and its relevance to science.

Benefit of the doubt? We should all be open minded. I am not turning anyone away. It is nice to know everyone has been saying things about me...

No one said anything behind your back. It was very well stated by a few people on your Revelations post. If you go back, you will see, that people were saying you had a motive prior to initiating the thread. You have a firm opinion, yet you acted as though you didn't really hold that belief and a wanted other peoples opinions. That is what I mean.

Look, there is no disputing that the Bible has some odd contradictions or perhaps a few errors. However, it states specifically in the Bible that we are not perfect and sin. How do you expect the Bible to be perfect? There is no where in the Bible where it says it is perfect and 100 percent accurate. If it does, then we have to understand that our small minds cannot grasp the magnitude of His mind and reasoning behind the Word. There are some things, correction, many things, that we are never going to know or understand completely. If that was the case then we would already be in heaven with God. We are not there yet... That is why the Bible focuses on faith. That is why God says that He put a light in our hearts. So we all know that there is a creator: God. He's already taken the first step. We choose whether we want to take the next and continue down the path that He has for us.

Look, there is no disputing that the Bible has some odd contradictions or perhaps a few errors. However, it states specifically in the Bible that we are not perfect and sin. How do you expect the Bible to be perfect? There is no where in the Bible where it says it is perfect and 100 percent accurate. If it does, then we have to understand that our small minds cannot grasp the magnitude of His mind and reasoning behind the Word. There are some things, correction, many things, that we are never going to know or understand completely. If that was the case then we would already be in heaven with God. We are not there yet... That is why the Bible focuses on faith. That is why God says that He put a light in our hearts. So we all know that there is a creator: God. He's already taken the first step. We choose whether we want to take the next and continue down the path that He has for us.

In fact the bible says gods words are flawless.

* 2 Samuel 22:31
“As for God, his way is perfect: TheLord’s word is *flawless*; he shields all who take refuge in him.

And

* Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect: TheLord’s word is *flawless*; he shields all who take refuge in him.

And

* Proverbs 30:5
“Every word of God is *flawless*; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

And this one is the same in the kjv if thats your flavour

* Job 36:4
Be assured that my words are not false; one who has *perfect*knowledge is with you.

So we see clearly that god is saying that his words are flawless and not false. So if you say that the bible has flaws then theres a problem.

Yes I read what you said, but I think those scriptures are enough to make a open and shut case that god is saying his words are flawless and that we can trust everything he says. But is this the real case, yes I do understand you can read what you rather would think flawless mean and yes that completly subjective.

Back