Did I Get Saved Yet?

Well that is the wrong reason to love him. You should care more about your spouse than some harry potter character.

I think you still have a childish thought pattern, and probably aren't ready for marriage. Just my opinion though, God reads the heart.
I don't know... Besides, we have to care more about the Holy Trinity, right? And no reason is wrong... It's just that if I have to stop loving Severus, then I have to throw all his pictures, posters, and videos away and put the action figure into a memory box, and this thought upsets me... And also, I really love Severus because he is so lovely in all ways...

I don't know... Besides, we have to care more about the Holy Trinity, right? And no reason is wrong... It's just that if I have to stop loving Severus, then I have to throw all his pictures, posters, and videos away and put the action figure into a memory box, and this thought upsets me... And also, I really love Severus because he is so lovely in all ways...
It sounds to me you have an idolatry problem. And don't get me wrong, most people, even me, have an idolatry problem with someone or something.

But we are set free from sin by Jesus Christ to live a life solely to our creator. I know that seems hard to you, but don't you think God is wonderful? We are not to invest all of our worship and admiration to created things, but to the creator, who is forever blessed.

Please tell me if I am wrong, but it seems to me you really admire and love severus. And most people aren't willing to give up their idols, whatever they may be.

You have to realize true freedom is in Jesus Christ, and all sin is slavery. You are in slavery to your admiration of severus, and thus can't experience the fullness of God's freedom. The second commandment wasn't for us to struggle with, it was so we could be solely focused on the center of all things, God.

I believe we were all made to worship and reflect our creator's glory and goodness. But sin is when we choose to worship our doubts and fears. It's like worshiping a mirror instead of what is reflected.

It sounds to me you have an idolatry problem. And don't get me wrong, most people, even me, have an idolatry problem with someone or something.

But we are set free from sin by Jesus Christ to live a life solely to our creator. I know that seems hard to you, but don't you think God is wonderful? We are not to invest all of our worship and admiration to created things, but to the creator, who is forever blessed.

Please tell me if I am wrong, but it seems to me you really admire and love severus. And most people aren't willing to give up their idols, whatever they may be.

You have to realize true freedom is in Jesus Christ, and all sin is slavery. You are in slavery to your admiration of severus, and thus can't experience the fullness of God's freedom. The second commandment wasn't for us to struggle with, it was so we could be solely focused on the center of all things, God.

I believe we were all made to worship and reflect our creator's glory and goodness. But sin is when we choose to worship our doubts and fears. It's like worshiping a mirror instead of what is reflected.
Oh goodness... I don't want to stop loving Severus romantically... How can I love him romantically without idolizing then? And I am not enslaved to Severus... I just don't want to love a real life weirdo who is not Severus...

Oh goodness... I don't want to stop loving Severus romantically... How can I love him romantically without idolizing then? And I am not enslaved to Severus... I just don't want to love a real life weirdo who is not Severus...
Well first you have to realize severus is not a real person. Why would you invest so much of your admiration and love to something or someone that is fictional? Your love and admiration would be much better spent on Jesus or God the father.

Well first you have to realize severus is not a real person. Why would you invest so much of your admiration and love to something or someone that is fictional? Your love and admiration would be much better spent on Jesus or God the father.
Ofcourse Severus is not real, but I just don't want to stop loving him... My life would be so boring if I don't love him...

What can I do then so I can love him but not idolize then? Do I have to for example accept the thing that one day I will get bored and tired of Severus? :(
If your attention is too focused on him, it's idolatry. Hate to tell you this, but you need to forget about severus. Why? Because he is not important by any stretch of the imagination.

Jesus is, however.

If your attention is too focused on him, it's idolatry. Hate to tell you this, but you need to forget about severus. Why? Because he is not important by any stretch of the imagination.

Jesus is, however.
I don't want to forget him completely, and I can't... I don't want to suddenly love a real life man who doesn't look like him at all... :( I feel so suicidal now... I won't commit suicide though...

I don't want to forget him completely, and I can't... I don't want to suddenly love a real life man who doesn't look like him at all... :( I feel so suicidal now... I won't commit suicide though...
That's terrible Polly, but that is a good indicator that severus is your idol. You just need to get your attention off of him. How exactly did all this start? You know, the whole severus thing?

Okay Polly look I am deeply sorry. I know giving up an idol is no easy thing. I just want you to realize you have one, fair enough? I feel bad for you :(

I keep saying this, but I'm going to say it again. I used to have a huge crush on Taylor Hanson and I had posters all over my room. I wanted to marry him, LOL. I eventually got over that crush. I also liked Eminem (looks wise) and Matt Damon. Why can't Polly have a crush? She is only 18!!!!

That's terrible Polly, but that is a good indicator that severus is your idol. You just need to get your attention off of him. How exactly did all this start? You know, the whole severus thing?
I don't understand why would God forbid me from loving Severus... Does He expect me to love a shorthaired weirdo, or a blonde? No offence for shorthaired men or any other hair color, but I am just not attracted to shorthaired men or any other hair color.

How can I just love Severus romantically without idolizing him? :(

In 2012, I once had this cute dream that I went to Hogwarts and I saved Severus Snape, and then in that dream Severus and I started being a couple, and when I woke up, I realized I was very much in love with him. But in 2008-2011, I kept having the same dream where I met a mysterious man with black midlong hair, and in the 2008 dream I was scared, but then in that dream I wanted him, and then in the 2009 dream, I met a man with black midlong hair and in that dream I didn't know who he was, and I had different dreams where I met a man with black midlong hair in 2010 and 2011, and in 2010 and 2011 I even had coincidences about him everywhere, and then I realized this was some message that I will fall in love with such man...

And I just don't want someone who is much different than Severus...

I keep saying this, but I'm going to say it again. I used to have a huge crush on Taylor Hanson and I had posters all over my room. I wanted to marry him, LOL. I eventually got over that crush. I also liked Eminem (looks wise) and Matt Damon. Why can't Polly have a crush? She is only 18!!!!
It seems like more than a crush to me... More like an obsession? An Idol?

It seems like more than a crush to me... More like an obsession? An Idol?

Or it could just be a teenaged girl with a huge crush. My friends used to joke with me that I was obsessed with Taylor Hanson. I used to daydream about him, too! This is common for teenaged girls! I don't agree with her having a tulpa, or supposedly having sex with him... that is too much and sinful, but it's okay to have a crush and want to marry someone who looks like her crush.

Last edited:
Oh, even though I got over that crush, I still

Or it could just be a teenaged girl with a huge crush. My friends used to joke with me that I was obsessed with Taylor Hanson. I used to daydream about him, too! This is common for teenaged girls! I don't agree with her having a tulpa, or supposedly having sex with him... that is too much and sinful, but it's okay to have a crush and want to marry someone who looks like her crush.
I agree that Severus is just my great crush. And also, only God knows actually after all if my crush is idolatry or just a crush...

I agree that Severus is just my great crush. And also, only God knows actually after all if my crush is idolatry or just a crush...

Polly, is it just a crush or is it more? Cosmicwaffle is right that you are not supposed to idolize anyone. If that IS what you are doing, you have to stop. If you just have a crush on him... well, you are allowed to have a crush. Cosmicwaffle and I do not know which it is. You know and God knows.

Polly, is it just a crush or is it more? Cosmicwaffle is right that you are not supposed to idolize anyone. If that IS what you are doing, you have to stop. If you just have a crush on him... well, you are allowed to have a crush. Cosmicwaffle and I do not know which it is. You know and God knows.
I just have a crush on Severus... But then again, I never want to stop having a crush on him, and I am waiting that God sends me a chill and mysterious British man aged 30-46 who is taller than me and who has natural black midlong hair, black or dark brown eyes, pale or light skin, a seductive deep voice, and a muscular body or thick body with a little potbelly (Alan Rickman is thick with a little potbelly).

From previous posts from Polly we know this is more than just a crush. Sweetpea, you have been on other threads where she admits doing other things we can't talk about anymore. Just because we can't talk about it doesn't mean it magically disappears. Polly is in bondage with this strange love affair with an imaginary character. She refuses to let it go and acknowledge it is an issue for her. And now she is even convincing people on the forum that it is only a crush. She refuses to get help and to find a good church. She has excuses for everything that she doesn't want to give up. Polly needs a good Christian Counselor. And I know from her previous responses to help she will state they are fundamentalist and will argue until she is blue in the face that her little tulpa isn't demonic but in her mind and it is ok. I refuse to ignore her tulpa issue and will not tip toe around the issue.

From previous posts from Polly we know this is more than just a crush. Sweetpea, you have been on other threads where she admits doing other things we can't talk about anymore. Just because we can't talk about it doesn't mean it magically disappears. Polly is in bondage with this strange love affair with an imaginary character. She refuses to let it go and acknowledge it is an issue for her. And now she is even convincing people on the forum that it is only a crush. She refuses to get help and to find a good church. She has excuses for everything that she doesn't want to give up. Polly needs a good Christian Counselor. And I know from her previous responses to help she will state they are fundamentalist and will argue until she is blue in the face that her little tulpa isn't demonic but in her mind and it is ok. I refuse to ignore her tulpa issue and will not tip toe around the issue.
Then I think you misunderstood me... Now I just have a huge crush on Severus and I am just a fangirl, and being a fangirl is not idolatry, and ew, I refuse to let go of my romantic feelings no matter what, I won't love someone else, I want to love Severus.

And tell me what makes my crush as idolatry? The thing that I refuse to stop loving? I can't just imagine myself not loving Severus...

Last edited:
Back