Did I Get Saved Yet?

Loving him with all you heart and mind. As our Saviour, Father, friend. To love Him above all and above everyone else.

Loving him with all you heart and mind. As our Saviour, Father, friend. To love Him above all and above everyone else.
Depends what does that mean then? I don't want to obsess about Jesus though... And I told you that I only have a crush on Severus and I am just a Severus fangirl...

Is it bad if I don't obsess about Jesus? I am not this type of person... I am more like an inner Christian...

Sometimes people turn to Jesus and find Him when they have gone through a great loss or are suffering. And to them they know that only Jesus can give them what they need, only He can heal. Only He can give us the peace we need. Everything else is secondary , not to say it is not important in our life, like our family is extremely important but if we put Jesus as our priority everything else in life will fall inti place. It's difficult to answer your question but we should put our faith in what is lasting. Things in life will pass away, they don't last, we will one day pass away from this life. They say when we die we take nothing with us . Is your lust, crush really something you should be attaching great importance to? If you could concentrate on having a true relationship with the Lord Jesus your whole life would be so different. It is not an easy path but is worth it. Your life would be blessed in so many ways, in every area. You are still so young, if you put all your trust in God He can make good things for your life. You are unique and He has a unique plan for your life. He knows all your needs, He knows what is best for you and His plans for our lives are so much better than our own. We have to trust Him with that.

Sometimes people turn to Jesus and find Him when they have gone through a great loss or are suffering. And to them they know that only Jesus can give them what they need, only He can heal. Only He can give us the peace we need. Everything else is secondary , not to say it is not important in our life, like our family is extremely important but if we put Jesus as our priority everything else in life will fall inti place. It's difficult to answer your question but we should put our faith in what is lasting. Things in life will pass away, they don't last, we will one day pass away from this life. They say when we die we take nothing with us . Is your lust, crush really something you should be attaching great importance to? If you could concentrate on having a true relationship with the Lord Jesus your whole life would be so different. It is not an easy path but is worth it. Your life would be blessed in so many ways, in every area. You are still so young, if you put all your trust in God He can make good things for your life. You are unique and He has a unique plan for your life. He knows all your needs, He knows what is best for you and His plans for our lives are so much better than our own. We have to trust Him with that.
It still depends what does loving with mind and heart and soul mean... I don't want to obsess about Jesus and I don't want to idolize him, and I don't want to fangirl Jesus... I think just loving him is enough... And too bad that I will end up in Hell just because I don't obsess about Jesus, if that's what you mean... And why don't you believe that I only just have a huge crush on Severus and that I am a Severus Snape fangirl and I don't idolize him? I want my love life to be like a romantic movie, not just only by doing this thing like "Hey lets get married" and then "oh okay sure" without any romantic feelings or kissing... And I don't want to listen to fundamentalists, I believe fundamentalism is just a cult because fundamentalism is actually idolatry about doing everything perfect and being perfect and doing 100% exactly the same without any fail what is told by the Bible... I won't become a fundamentalist.

Well this is a waste of time. I'll continue my prayers but with Sweet Pea giving her an excuse she will never see that Severus is her idol.
Polly, this thread is supposed to be about your salvation and look at what we are discussing. Severus is the center of your life and that makes him your god.

Well this is a waste of time. I'll continue my prayers but with Sweet Pea giving her an excuse she will never see that Severus is her idol.
Polly, this thread is supposed to be about your salvation and look at what we are discussing. Severus is the center of your life and that makes him your god.
Yeah right, like I have to become a fundamentalist

If Jesus isn't the center of your life then you aren't a Christian. No prayer will save you from hell unless you give Severus up.
But I can't freaking force myself to love Jesus... And no, I won't freaking stop loving Severus romantically. Stop being a fundamentalist. Fundamentalism is not what God wants, Fundamentalism is a cult.

I'm honestly starting to think she is some forty year old dude that is just messing with us. That's okay though. God knows who "Polly" really is so my prayers still count.

Let the real Polly please stand up. So you just admitted you don't love Jesus.
That's not what I meant. I meant that people don't have to be fundies to be Christian. Whoever thinks that God says that we have to be fundamentalists, is a delusional person with problems. Fundamentalism is a cult about obsessing about trying to be perfect. Like "Ohhh noooo, I just did a siiiinnnn, now my life is ooooovvveerr sniff sniff djdhdbdjdhdhd!!!!!!!!". So childish. We have to just do the best, and not try too much to be perfect. You are trying too much to be perfect. And most fundamentalists are also conspiracy theorists.

I'm honestly starting to think she is some forty year old dude that is just messing with us. That's okay though. God knows who "Polly" really is so my prayers still count.
That was a great offence. I am a 18yo girl but I am not doing fine today. Freak off for thinking that I am a 40yo dude. Also, who is this 40yo dude you talk about, is it Snape?

I'm still not on board with Polly being saved.

This is not a matter of feeling good about someone coming to know Christ, it's about pleasing God vs man.

I have read nothing from Polly to convince me that she is saved yet.

Discussions about love and romance are smoke screens. It would be a sad reality to have confirmed Polly as in Christ only to see in the next life that we did not do our job now.

I would urge you all to ask yourselves; What would Paul do?

Back