Did Dinosaurs Co-exist With Biblical Man?

Unlike the other religions, the Vatican is considered a country/nation/state...so. What have you got against Obama? Oh nevermind - I don't want to hear. It's the Republicans doing the new world order thing. :)

I can not agree with that one my dear. The prophetic Word of God is not about what party one belongs to.

It is all about God's Word being fulfilled. Political choices just are not involved.

I do not care for Obama on a lot more issues than the New World Order. His inability to tell the truth is one. His disdain for our military is another. Because of his actions, better said non-actions while in the office of President, Russia has felt that they could take over Georgia and nothing would be done. They did exactly that and you know the rest of that story. Because of that non-action, Russia has now seized Crimea and very soon is going to move into Ukraine.

Does World War Two ring a bell here with anyone?????

Germany moved into Chekoslavokia (? spelling?) and what was done......Nothing.
That motivated Germany to move into Poland. What was done.................Nothing.
Then they annexed Belgium. What was done?.............................................Nothing.

War and weather, Oh My :). Personally, I'm not sure we should go to war with Russia and these days, I don't think any country likes to take unilateral action against another - when you are talking about super powers. But I was kidding about politics - I agree with Abdicate that they all seem to be leading us the wrong way.

I can not agree with that one my dear. The prophetic Word of God is not about what party one belongs to.

It is all about God's Word being fulfilled. Political choices just are not involved.

I do not care for Obama on a lot more issues than the New World Order. His inability to tell the truth is one. His disdain for our military is another. Because of his actions, better said non-actions while in the office of President, Russia has felt that they could take over Georgia and nothing would be done. They did exactly that and you know the rest of that story. Because of that non-action, Russia has now seized Crimea and very soon is going to move into Ukraine.

Does World War Two ring a bell here with anyone?????

Germany moved into Chekoslavokia (? spelling?) and what was done......Nothing.
That motivated Germany to move into Poland. What was done.................Nothing.
Then they annexed Belgium. What was done?.............................................Nothing.
I could be wrong but I thought bush was president when Russia attacked Georgia.

Dadgummed but it looks like you are correct. See what talking before "googaling" will get you!!!
But then again, I just googled and found that Georgia is one of the states of America.
When did Russia ever invade America?..I missed hearing about that one:eek:

I personally believe in an old earth. To believe in a young earth just requires denying so many scientific finds that I just can't believe in it.

It does, and unfortunately if you hang your hat on a young earth and Genesis you are forced into a corner that requires a rejection of science - hence the discussion here.

I sort of feel a bit for young earth believers because undoubtedly they will be forced more and more into a corner as we discover more. I predict that at some time in the future the evidence will be so much more overwhelming and accepted (not that it isn't already) that it would not be a good position to be in at all.

The problem is that to let go of that belief of a young earth is simply unimaginable for someone that builds part of their faith around it. To have your faith taken away is just not an option I would think.

Tubby, I agree with you. I think there will always be people that believe in a young earth simply because their parents did. I grew up being taught that evolution is stupid and the earth is 6000 years old and anything otherwise is blasphemy, so it's kind of funny how I turned out

Tubby, friend, what Major has told you is the truth, you have heard the Gospel, we took you to the foot of the Cross, asked you several times to answer our questions and you refused, in so doing you didn't refuse me, you rejected what Jesus Christ did for you, dying in your place, ...you can study all the scientific facts you want to for the rest of your life, ...it won't erase the penalty of just one of the many sins you commit every day

...please, it's not to late, today is the day you can be saved.

In His Love,

Gene

Tubby, friend, what Major has told you is the truth, you have heard the Gospel, we took you to the foot of the Cross, asked you several times to answer our questions and you refused, in so doing you didn't refuse me, you rejected what Jesus Christ did for you, dying in your place, ...you can study all the scientific facts you want to for the rest of your life, ...it won't erase the penalty of just one of the many sins you commit every day

...please, it's not to late, today is the day you can be saved.

In His Love,

Gene

I appreciate your concern, I really do and I'm sure it comes from an honest belief.....however, why would YOU really be concerned about MY fate considering you don't even know me?

I'm always happy to answer questions if they're in a form that I'm able to answer truthfully.

Tubby, why am I concerned about your fate, ...because I've already walked in your shoes, said the same things, thought the same thoughts and came to the same conclusions you have stated here, ...but now I know I was wrong!

Here's just one difference between you and me, you don't know you are sinning, now I do, ...there is a penalty for sin and that is Hell, you can't see that anymore than I could when I was wearing the same shoes as you, then a Christian came into my life and little by little my eyes were opened to where I could see reality, ...I was a sinner going to Hell.

That's why we took you to the foot of the Cross, why would God become a Man and allow Himself to be tortured and then crucified, for what reason, that's the question you need to find the answer to, ...and if you don't believe it was God then you have created an even greater question to answer, how did a man come back to life from the dead, just like He said He would?

Tubby, Jesus Christ said no man can come to Him unless the Father draws Him, ...why are you here?
How many years have you lived in your safe, private atheistic world, thinking your not hurting any one so you're not that bad of a guy, there are people worse than you, ...and you are right, ...but why are you here, oh, you are trying to convince us you are right and we are wrong with your knowledge, but that doesn't answer the question, ...why are you here?

The only reason you are here is because the Father is drawing you to His Son Jesus Christ, don't blow it, Hell is real and it has the largest, ongoing prayer meeting in history, ...everybody just like you that didn't think God was real is praying that their relatives won't come to be with them.

That's why I'm concerned about you Tubby, I know there is a Hell and I don't want you, or anyone else, to go there.

In His Love,

Gene

I'm not exactly sure where six thousand years comes from, (except by rather loose reckoning) me thinks scoffers have kind of locked many theists into that position be providing an equally loosely reckoned longgggg age alternative. I have lived long enough to see the reckoned age of the universe and the Earth increase at a steady rate from just a few hundreds of millions of years to ..ahhh were are we up to now?? It is about 5 billion years I think.....oops no that was yesterday. Overnight it has aged another 9 billion years or so.
So the current age of this geriatric universe is reckoned at 14.7 Billion years?? What will it be tomorrow??
The age of the universe.....a rock solid truth to navigate ones life by I would think...not.

I don't think the Earth is only six thousand years old nor do I believe the Bible teaches that either. I don't give any credence to the guestimates of pseudo-science we are being swamped with daily.
The truth probably lies somewhere in between the two extremes.....can we call the current guess of 14.7 Billion years an absolute upper limit??
Fear not Gentlemen, if the Hubble Space scope finds an object reckoned to be 25 billion light years away......the highly elastic age guestimates for the universe will stretch to accommodate the new figures.

Tubby, why am I concerned about your fate, ...because I've already walked in your shoes, said the same things, thought the same thoughts and came to the same conclusions you have stated here, ...but now I know I was wrong!

Here's just one difference between you and me, you don't know you are sinning, now I do, ...there is a penalty for sin and that is Hell, you can't see that anymore than I could when I was wearing the same shoes as you, then a Christian came into my life and little by little my eyes were opened to where I could see reality, ...I was a sinner going to Hell.

That's why we took you to the foot of the Cross, why would God become a Man and allow Himself to be tortured and then crucified, for what reason, that's the question you need to find the answer to, ...and if you don't believe it was God then you have created an even greater question to answer, how did a man come back to life from the dead, just like He said He would?

Tubby, Jesus Christ said no man can come to Him unless the Father draws Him, ...why are you here?
How many years have you lived in your safe, private atheistic world, thinking your not hurting any one so you're not that bad of a guy, there are people worse than you, ...and you are right, ...but why are you here, oh, you are trying to convince us you are right and we are wrong with your knowledge, but that doesn't answer the question, ...why are you here?

The only reason you are here is because the Father is drawing you to His Son Jesus Christ, don't blow it, Hell is real and it has the largest, ongoing prayer meeting in history, ...everybody just like you that didn't think God was real is praying that their relatives won't come to be with them.

That's why I'm concerned about you Tubby, I know there is a Hell and I don't want you, or anyone else, to go there.

In His Love,

Gene

So you were always Atheist from as far back as you remember? You never had any religious influence in your life? You have always read scientific theory and accepted that the way it is reached is honest and truthful? You have been raised to question everything and happily pass that freedom of choice to your children?

If you can't answer yes to these questions then you have not walked in my shoes. If you have answered yes to the above then I am intrigued.

How many years have you lived in your safe, private atheistic world

I don't accept that statement. Not believing in God(s) was most definately a private view up to even a hundred years ago but not in 2014. Also, I say that the 'safe' option is arguably a theistic view;

1. theist - die - god exists - you're a winner

2. theist - die - god doesn't exist - you're still a winner (apart from wasting your entire life on something pointless, but you're already dead so it won't concern you)

3. atheist - die - god exists - I go to hell - not so good, I lose.

4. atheist - die - god doesn't exist - nothing (apart from I made the most of my short existence by being a happy chap and not yearning for some non-existent afterlife). But in this case I win.

So you tell me which is the 'safe' option? It all comes down to a (very) big gamble on how you want to carry on in this life really. It's also why I find the way that children are indoctrinated into religion (any religion) quite distasteful, it should be entirely their choice and to deny that choice is to completely deny them of free will and nobody has the right to gamble on behalf of others.

I'm not exactly sure where six thousand years comes from, (except by rather loose reckoning) me thinks scoffers have kind of locked many theists into that position be providing an equally loosely reckoned longgggg age alternative. I have lived long enough to see the reckoned age of the universe and the Earth increase at a steady rate from just a few hundreds of millions of years to ..ahhh were are we up to now?? It is about 5 billion years I think.....oops no that was yesterday. Overnight it has aged another 9 billion years or so.
So the current age of this geriatric universe is reckoned at 14.7 Billion years?? What will it be tomorrow??
The age of the universe.....a rock solid truth to navigate ones life by I would think...not.

I don't think the Earth is only six thousand years old nor do I believe the Bible teaches that either. I don't give any credence to the guestimates of pseudo-science we are being swamped with daily.
The truth probably lies somewhere in between the two extremes.....can we call the current guess of 14.7 Billion years an absolute upper limit??
Fear not Gentlemen, if the Hubble Space scope finds an object reckoned to be 25 billion light years away......the highly elastic age guestimates for the universe will stretch to accommodate the new figures.

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years. This age has been honed over the last century from many different independant methods. If you choose to dismiss this then it's your free will to do so Calvin and nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

Science does not entertain 'guestimates'. It adapts the hypothesis over time as new evidence is uncovered. There are some sections of society that 'stretch' to accommodate new findings but science does not.

Why does knowing the exact age of the Universe have an impact on how to navigate your life?

So you tell me which is the 'safe' option? It all comes down to a (very) big gamble on how you want to carry on in this life really. It's also why I find the way that children are indoctrinated into religion (any religion) quite distasteful, it should be entirely their choice and to deny that choice is to completely deny them of free will and nobody has the right to gamble on behalf of others.
That is a huge issue Tubby.
Just look at the friction that abounds in the School system. Scripture can not be taught, Prayers are not to be said...offered.
Theism of any flavour is banned, leaving what??? You got it..... Atheism...Atheism being an absence of Theism. And as you say, "....nobody has the right to gamble on behalf of others.", so why do we gamble with the lives of our children? Why do we teach evolution to the exclusion of creation. Just take an honest look at any one of David Attenborough's nature films. Now here is a real apostle of atheistic outlook. Every chance he gets, he injects evolutionary thinking into his dialogue even when the general run of his commentary does not call for it.
So yeah our society is tampering with choices available to our children and it is indeed quite distasteful.

That is a huge issue Tubby.
Just look at the friction that abounds in the School system. Scripture can not be taught, Prayers are not to be said...offered.
Theism of any flavour is banned, leaving what??? You got it..... Atheism...Atheism being an absence of Theism. And as you say, "....nobody has the right to gamble on behalf of others.", so why do we gamble with the lives of our children? Why do we teach evolution to the exclusion of creation. Just take an honest look at any one of David Attenborough's nature films. Now here is a real apostle of atheistic outlook. Every chance he gets, he injects evolutionary thinking into his dialogue even when the general run of his commentary does not call for it.
So yeah our society is tampering with choices available to our children and it is indeed quite distasteful.

Yes. A child is born and we should allow them to think for themselves, give them known facts about their world. If they later choose to believe in a God then so be it, they had that choice. It's simply not right to set them off in their path through life believing in the supernatural. It's a tricky topic and I know we won't agree.

Back