Did Dinosaurs Co-exist With Biblical Man?

Yeah Calvin, you have also brought up some interesting points,

Cue the Twilight Zone music........,

They have found stories, tales, myths about dragons in almost ever ancient culture, so what if Leviathan was a real, flying, fire breathing dragon............., personally I don't have a problem with that, if man can imagine it my God can create it, ...I just wish that if it is true there were some around today, how cool!

However, back to reality, this is what we read in our KJV Bibles concerning Leviathan,

His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. Job 41:15

This is the first place the Hebrew word aw-feek' is translated scales and it says they are his pride, using the law of first mentioned and plug that into Acts,

And immediately there fell from his (Saul/Paul) eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. Act 9:18

Interesting, history tells us Saul/Paul was being groomed by Gamaliel to be the High Priest of Israel, as an unregenerate Jew he was probably very prideful, ...could it have been his encounter on the Damascus Road with the risen Lord, the awful reality that he was responsible for the deaths of many of the Lord's children, that so humbled him that it was as if his pride fell from his eyes as if it were visible scales?

From Saul the prideful Pharisee to Paul the least of the Apostles, could that have been behind him writing,

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: 2 Co 5:16

Blessings,

Gene

But Hunt, it's God that is describing Leviathan and Behemoth to us, are you saying you believe a man instead of God?

I don't take the creation account as a literal six days.

A voilá, there's the problem.

Hunt, may I humbly suggest you read and study your Bible with the help of the Holy Spirit, it's His job to teach us, not some man. 1 John 2:27

Gene

Not everything in the Bible is meant to be taken literally. Let's say that the creature that are described are real creatures and they literally breathe fire and have bronze bones, they wouldn't be creatures here on earth because no creature on earth is like that. Maybe it's aliens God is speaking of?

Again beloved, the Bible doesn't say the earth is only 6000 years old, the earth was created with the rest of the universe Gen 1:1 and coupled with Is 45:18.

What It does tell us is that the earth became without form and void, which is a better translation of the earth was without form and void Gen 1:2

That is the physical account of creation of the material universe, but it is also the spiritual account of the creation of man, ...Adam was created a perfect man, ...but he became a sinful man, ...shall we go on with the analogy?

Darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters, doesn't that describe our spiritual condition before regeneration? (we are the deep, water is a type of the Word, but there was darkness so we couldn't see the Truth of the Word)

Let there be Light! ....and one of His kids gave us the Gospel, ...we saw the Light!

Now isn't it much more fun to dig nuggets out of the Word than to be stress over how old the universe is?

Blessings,

Gene
Totally! Gene... I just realized that a few weeks ago!! About the spiritual void.. Perfect metaphor.

Glad I saved this:
. Many people here have a fondness for the literal. Seriously, tho, when you go to a thread, you should read from the beginning (don't go by number of views but by number of posts). Otherwise you miss what has been discussed already. I think? I left links discussing and critiquing various possibles regarding behemoths and leviathin. There is no resolution because common replies like elephant, crocodile, and hippo's don't fit the Job description. Many have said dragons because so many ancient cultures discussed/described them but we don't have any dragon fossils. This is the second thread on dinosaurs started by the same and once the subject is discussed, wavering off the OP (opening post) happens and/or the thread fades, going off to join other such subjects on other pages.

Fantastic Allie, isn't the Word much more fascinating than speculation, ...I mean, God spoke to me through revelation, ...God spoke to little ole insignificant me, ...makes me want to go up on the roof and praise Jesus with a loud voice!

Blessings sis,

Gene

Ah Hunt, I'm sorry, please don't think I'm picking on you, it's just the things you say.....

If we say some of the the Bible isn't literal, then we are deciding what is from God and to be taken seriously/literally and what is not, doesn't that put us in the position or makes us superior to God the Holy Spirit who inspired the writers, sounds kinda strange don't ya think, ...creation more intelligent than the Creator?

Blessings, man and good night,

Gene

Silk, dear one, can't watch the video tonight, dear wife is sleeping so I'll catch it tomorrow,

.......waver, LOL I like that, I'm good at wavering ain't I!

Good night sis,

Gene

Tail can easily mean rear or back side. No animal has bronze bones either... or breathes fire... But the description of the leviathan is more than likely a crocodile. The references to armor makes since because of the scales and it has rows of raised scales on its back, which could be the shield. Sure, the behemoth being a hippo may be less likely but from what we're given we aren't supposed to take the verses literally.

Calvin, crocodiles leave wakes plenty. When they run into the water. When they submerge after sitting on the surface they leave small ripples. Crocodiles have been known to go fairly deep into the ocean on occasion, although that is not the norm. And ships don't have to go deep into the ocean.

Look up Hugh Ross on youtube. He's a smart man.

*edit*
I don't take the creation account as a literal six days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pib9qT-pccI
The Bombardier Beetle is admittedly a very very far cry from a fire breathing beastie with a nasty set of dentures, but it does sort of provide a precedent. As for crocs leaving a wake when they run into water, that is only when either they just spied a meat pie in the water or and get this, when they are startled. Leviathan does not sound like a lizard that can be startled. I wonder if one of our resident Hebrew students can shed some worthwhile light on the mention of potsherds Job 41:30. Big difference between Septuagint, Kjv and Esv. I tend to favor the Esv because it makes more sense (to me) than the Kjv, but who knows?

Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm slightly more liberal than some Christians so we probably just won't agree on some things. I think the Bible is pretty clear when it's trying to be literal or not though. That isn't me thinking I'm smarter than God or anything. But like I said, I lean towards the liberal side of things.

Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm slightly more liberal than some Christians so we probably just won't agree on some things. I think the Bible is pretty clear when it's trying to be literal or not though. That isn't me thinking I'm smarter than God or anything. But like I said, I lean towards the liberal side of things.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with? But myself - I go for what I believe is the heart of scripture. But more and more I see how literal the Word seems to be. It's ok to disagree - but always walk away friends.

Hunting,

I want you to know my responses come from concern and not from a know it all attitude, the Lord gave me a very powerful example about wavering from the Truth, ...when leaving Los Angeles Airport to fly the 5000 miles to Tahiti the compass in the plane needs to be right on, because if it's off just half a degree after 8 hours of flying we won't be over that tiny speck of Tahiti in a vast ocean, we will be lost and doomed for a watery grave.

I have observed over the years it is the same thing with the Truth, people that are off in just some minor thing in the Word, the longer they walk with the Lord the more bizarre that once insignificant, trivial error becomes. I hope you can understand why I'm such a stickler for what the Word says, it is motivated by brotherly love and wanting my brothers and sisters in Christ to receive all of the crowns and rewards the Lord has for them to be able to enjoy Eternity to it's fullest.

There are no hard feelings on my part, I love you with the Love of Christ, and I won't agree to disagree with you, that's New Age philosophy, but I will pray for you that the Lord will reveal many mighty and wonderful Truths to you in His Word and for you to be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding until we all come together in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Col 1:9, Eph 4:13

Have a good day bro and may the Lord richly bless you,

Gene

There are no hard feelings on my part, I love you with the Love of Christ, and I won't agree to disagree with you, that's New Age philosophy, but I will pray for you that the Lord will reveal many mighty and wonderful Truths to you in His Word and for you to be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding until we all come together in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Col 1:9, Eph 4:13

Of course not, because you believe you are right. We probably come to the same conclusions despite me believing that some verses are not to be taken literally.

I try not to quarrel over small things though. What we have in common is that Jesus is our Savior, so we are both saved despite our understanding of individual passages.

Job 40:18 NASB
"His bones are tubes of bronze; His limbs are like bars of iron.

I read the NASB so I wasn't aware that other versions are worded differently there.

41,000 "Christian" denominations, 103 complete English bibles and they all claim to be "the most accurate"... good luck.

The Holy Spirit is the only one that can tell you the truth, and you can't have Him until you accept His message. After all, you can't put the cart before the horse now can you.

Back