Demons - What Do We Believe?

Well, I am afraid I have do disagree with you Euphemia. It maybe because you have blurred the difference between the soul and spirit of man or even the differences between "oppression" and "possession".

I think you have blurred the existence of soul and spirit and that is why you cannot take hold of the truth about the war we wage. Why does it matter about oppression and possession? The carnage is the SAME! Get over the words and realize that we are all targets of the enemy. He doesn't give a hoot for unbelievers---he HATES strong, Spirit-filled believers.

Demonic influence and oppression are realities for Christians, no doubt, but it is simply not biblical to say that a Christian can be possessed by a demon or demonized. Now, please, before jumping on me......please supply the Biblical support that would form a basis for your opinion. That way you are not disagreeing with me, but with the Scriptures themselves.

Who said anything about possession? I never disagree with scripture.

You need to read this then we can talk:

http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/can-a-christian-have-a-demon.38869/

Last edited:
I would encourage you to not place your personal preferences of what constitutes a "good" church.

There are Catholics, Methodists, Baptists, Church of Christ, Church of God, and the list goes on and on. When you proclaim that the truth is taught in only GOOD churches, you open the door to conflict and confrontation with all of these other people because we all believe that our personal church is a GOOD church.

You should know what a good church is. Only good churches teach the whole word with Godly wisdom. Churches who compromise and preach their own brand of truth about healing are not good. No one can disagree with that.

Surely you know that there are many---MANY---churches in the world that are not of God.

Yes, I know some that call themselves churches but are not really churches. You mentioned the local church, are you saying that it is not of God? I'm only curious to hear your point of view, not trying to argue sista

Yes, I know some that call themselves churches but are not really churches. You mentioned the local church, are you saying that it is not of God? I'm only curious to hear your point of view, not trying to argue sista

I was just saying that there are some dastardly churches out there---in every city. Not all teach the word, because not all believe the word. Not all allow Holy Spirit to work in their midst. Not all have Spirit-led leadership.

That said, the Body of Christ, the Bride, the Church is everywhere, and some are found in these poor churches. Mostly, those who discover the Spirit-filled life don't stay long in those dead churches.

Popular doctrine? It is the truth that is taught in GOOD churches who preach the word.

As for Timothy, why shouldn't he, like anyone else fall ill? We live in a fallen world where disease and death is something we all must deal with. Paul simply told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach malady. After all, that is good advice for people who travel---don't drink the local water. We are to live using good judgment. Paul was offering the young man some good advice. It was a letter to his young charge, after all.

Apparently when you can not disprove the Scriptures you like to play that nasty game of big red "x"'s.

That saddens me and I really thought you were above such silly things.

Now when you do the X thing, I notice that you did not as of yet post any Scripture to refute what has been stated.

I was just saying that there are some dastardly churches out there---in every city. Not all teach the word, because not all believe the word. Not all allow Holy Spirit to work in their midst. Not all have Spirit-led leadership.

That said, the Body of Christ, the Bride, the Church is everywhere, and some are found in these poor churches. Mostly, those who discover the Spirit-filled life don't stay long in those dead churches.

In that sense, I agree. If someone was talking about the mormon church, I definitely would not consider that God's bride.

In that sense, I agree. If someone was talking about the mormon church, I definitely would not consider that God's bride.

Agreed as well but I am thinking that there was more to it than that. Everyone knows that the Mormons are not Christian so there would be no filling of The Holy Spirit at all.

Maybe the intent was at more other churches such as Methodists, and Baptist etc.

Maybe? Maybe not!

Back