Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lu 18:9 ¶ And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I should think that if it is not a sin to kill to protect the death of an innocent, it is certainly not a sin to not speak the truth to do the same.

Killing someone happens when there is a complete breakdown in the spirit. The spiritual world controls the physical not the other way around. If someone has determined to kill you or someone, talking is of little use. God has placed in this world those who bare the sword to restrain these kinds of things from happening and he endorses them. Lying is not endorsed by God under any circumstances, even in the United States in a court of law we lay our hands on the Bible, and, "to swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help me God". It is a crime the perjure one self and people go to jail because of it.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,
Rom 13:4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Rom 13:5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Killing someone happens when there is a complete breakdown in the spirit. The spiritual world controls the physical not the other way around. If someone has determined to kill you or someone, talking is of little use. God has placed in this world those who bare the sword to restrain these kinds of things from happening and he endorses them. Lying is not endorsed by God under any circumstances, even in the United States in a court of law we lay our hands on the Bible, and, "to swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help me God". It is a crime the perjure one self and people go to jail because of it.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,
Rom 13:4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
Rom 13:5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.
Are you sure?

Ac 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
6 And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

Are you sure?

Ac 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
I believe this was righteous and the work of the Spirit!

Are you sure?

Do you know why they fell dead?

Did you fall dead when you lied on your taxes?

They did not lie man, but the Holy Spirit. There was a failure in the spirit. All lying is the results of failure in the spirit.
There is no such thing as you, God, and the Devil. You are either being influenced by God or the Devil, but not just you.

Wow, I must roll my eyes, here.

If someone was threatening my life or any of my family and I had the use of a weapon, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Should there be a modicum of good conscience discerned in the perpetrator, I also wouldn't hesitate to use intelligent speech to try to better the situation...so talking does have its use, especially when Holy Spirit is speaking through the believer.

See the testimony of Ashley Smith:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/rick-warren-purpose-driven-life-ashley-smith_n_2741976.html

Last edited:
They did not lie man, but the Holy Spirit. There was a failure in the spirit. All lying is the results of failure in the spirit.
There is no such thing as you, God, and the Devil. You are either being influenced by God or the Devil, but not just you.

Can you explain further? I cannot seem to grasp that one in red?

Wow, I must roll my eyes, here.

If someone was threatening my life or any of my family and I had the use of a weapon, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Should there be a modicum of good conscience discerned in the perpetrator, I also wouldn't hesitate to use intelligent speech to try to better the situation...so talking does have its use, especially when Holy Spirit is speaking through the believer.

See the testimony of Ashley Smith:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/rick-warren-purpose-driven-life-ashley-smith_n_2741976.html

You question was about the difference between killing someone and lying. One is justified the other is not.

They didn't lie to save their own skin? That's just silly! They lied about money, just like you did.

Did not that lie make them look godly and cool in front of the other believers? When someone lies they know its wrong, there is no guess work there, except they got caught.

You question was about the difference between killing someone and lying. One is justified the other is not.

Sin is never justified. However, God reads the heart, and its motivations, and He is the One who makes the distinction in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back