Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. In a dire situation, what comes out of our mouths may be words to allay the threat. God, as our Lord, will govern the result of that. What we say has less of an impact on the circumstance than the fact that we are King's kids in jeopardy and in need of the Lord's intervention.

I highly doubt that in a sudden emergency w will stop and think about what to say or do, but as King's kids---God will work through us, imperfect response or not. He sees our hearts, and no one else---thank God.

I'm am sorry that you can't see anyone thinking in a dire situation. Is that an excuse for a lie?

I do not see any righteousness in lies but it must be that I am wrong. I have been in the situation described but I must be wrong because I didn't lie. Go figure. And everyone seems to say lying is ok. I would like to be furious but I've been here before - And I know better.

Jos 2:3 And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house: for they be come to search out all the country.
4 And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:
Yes Rahab lied! and she was justified in her actions before God!

Reactions: Euphemia
I do not see any righteousness in lies but it must be that I am wrong. I have been in the situation described but I must be wrong because I didn't lie. Go figure. And everyone seems to say lying is ok. I would like to be furious but I've been here before - And I know better.
There is no righteousness in man, man is always in a "lie" especially when he walks in hypocrisy and self-righteousness. It is always right to love and to save innocent life...:D

So you let a innocent person get killed? This should be interesting...:rolleyes:

There is no righteousness in man, man is always in a "lie" especially when he walks in hypocrisy and self-righteousness. It is always right to love and to save innocent life...:D

Walk as you will.

Mitspa? Have you actually saved any innocent lives? And if you did - did you do it with lies?

Not to long ago a group of Christians on another forum asked me to answer yes/no "would I lie to save a innocent life?" They were not very happy with my response back to them, in fact nobody liked what I said.
So I am asking it here just to see what others thought.

Would you?
Is it ever OK to lie to do the will of God?
Read this.."to DO THE WILL OF GOD" So in this post there is the admission that to save innocent life is "the Will of God"..now the question is do you give up your SELF-righteousness..to do the Will of God?

Mitspa? Have you actually saved any innocent lives? And if you did - did you do it with lies?
Never had to lie to save a innocent life...not sure what I would do? I do know that If I had to tell a killer or rapist a lie to protect a innocent person... That's what I would do, and God would be very pleased that innocent person was not harmed. He might tell me or show me how could have done it different, but He would be very pleased that I defended the weak.

Read this.."to DO THE WILL OF GOD" So in this post there is the admission that to save innocent life is "the Will of God"..now the question is do you give up your SELF-righteousness..to do the Will of God?

The will of God is not about lies.

I think some of you would lie in a heart beat to get out of a ticket!:eek:

I am glad you know God's mind, Mitspa.
Yes I do..and you guys are not in walking in the truth, and are so blinded by the law you cant see the truth of love.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

I think some of you would lie in a heart beat to get out of a ticket!:eek:
Then you want to come on a forum such as this and then claim you wouldn't lie to save a child from a killer?

Mt 23:24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

It is not my intention to fool anyone. And I will never fool God. But I question you. I see pride all over you and I see it because I have sinned that sin. I have no "vail/veil" . I see a sad, often repeated, lie. And I'm not buying. Sorrry

The problem you guys have is that any honest person can see and KNOWS that you guys are not being honest, your just being religious!

I better back off this thread before I really start telling the truth...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.