Would You Lie To Save A Innocent Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jas 1:19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;

Pro 10:19 When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

Pro 29:20 Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Never be quick to answer any question. Wait and the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say and do.

I happen to agree in red font above.... and I admire answer actually .. but...

A. Yes, a lesser of two evil (if there is imminent danger, I highlighted the Save in red, I implies there is imminent danger and effectively will Save.... a life... not spiritual SAVE/salvation)...
B. No, lie is a sin, any sin cannot be justified by man, let us trust for divine wisdom, do not fear....
C. Be silent, trust for divine guidance...​
I believe all the 3 are acceptable answer…

The trouble I think is there is judgment being made on the other.
B is judging A, B is judging A... C is judging both A and B….

Since A is an acceptable answer for me..... and seems answer letter A is in question:

Am basing on Abraham lie to save both of their lives….

Sin is a sin, sin cannot be justified by man
A lie is always a sin, it cannot be justified by man….

But are we justified by man?

In my opinion: Abraham knows his lie, and a lie cannot be justified by man…

But he knows there is higher than “code of ethics”, that is, Forgiveness...
edit: imo: lie is not simply a code of ethics, it is untruth..

Forgiveness is always higher than the law.

A lie is always a transgression... there is no justification man can made out of it...

If a lie is justified, what is there to forgive ? to blot out?

Isaiah 43:25
New International Version (NIV)
25 “I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.

Last edited:
aha. you are complex. But I do not condone lies.

Yes, I agree, I do not condone as well ...

Condone does not see it as wrong... (per Wikipedia : )

Forgiveness is not condone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgiveness

Forgiveness is the intentional and voluntary process by which a victim undergoes a change in feelings and attitude regarding an offense, lets go of negative emotions such as vengefulness, with an increased ability to wish the offender well.[1][2][3] Forgiveness is different from condoning (failing to see the action as wrong and in need of forgiveness), excusing (not holding the offender as responsible for the action), pardoning (granted by a representative of society, such as a judge), forgetting (removing awareness of the offense from consciousness), and reconciliation (restoration of a relationship).[

Last edited:
I happen to agree in red font above.... and I admire answer actually .. but...

A. Yes, a lesser of two evil (if there is imminent danger, I highlighted the Save in red, I implies there is imminent danger and effectively will Save.... a life... not spiritual SAVE/salvation)...
B. No, lie is a sin, any sin cannot be justified by man, let us trust for divine wisdom, do not fear....
C. Be silent, trust for divine guidance...​
I believe all the 3 are acceptable answer…

The trouble I think is there is judgment being made on the other.
B is judging A, B is judging A... C is judging both A and B….

Since A is an acceptable answer for me..... and seems answer letter A is in question:

Am basing on Abraham lie to save both of their lives….

Sin is a sin, sin cannot be justified by man
A lie is always a sin, it cannot be justified by man….

But are we justified by man?

In my opinion: Abraham knows his lie, and a lie cannot be justified by man…

But he knows there is higher than “code of ethics”, that is, Forgiveness...
edit: imo: lie is not simply a code of ethics, it is untruth..

Forgiveness is always higher than the law.

A lie is always a transgression... there is no justification man can made out of it...

If a lie is justified, what is there to forgive ? to blot out?

Isaiah 43:25
New International Version (NIV)
25 “I, even I, am he who blots out
your transgressions, for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.

There is a big difference between the Old Testament believers and who we are today. They did not have God dwelling in them like we have. They had an excuse for their failing, we have no excuse because the one who created the heavens and the earth all thing visible and invisible lives in us, and it is his lifes who controls us. We are not dependent upon on our own actions, but his.

2Co 5:13 For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;

I must really be stupid. All I have to do is lie.

That was my point in post# 261

I prefer not to judge…

is it the same as judging Abraham for his decision to lie about his wife?

of course not, I do not think that is your intention...

Thus, above is a real question...

Well took a nap and decided to come back and confront this clear hypocrisy...As I have said...I would judge that the folks who are making this claim would lie about any number of things, tickets, taxes, even the toast that they had for breakfast...lol

If anyone really believes these folks would not lie under these or other similar circumstances? I have a bottle of Holy Water I got from this TV preacher that is guaranteed to cure cancer. Just send me a thousand dollars and I promise I am not lying! :rolleyes:

There is a big difference between the Old Testament believers and who we are today. They did not have God dwelling in them like we have. They had an excuse for their failing, we have no excuse because the one who created the heavens and the earth all thing visible and invisible lives in us, and it is his lifes who controls us. We are not dependent upon on our own actions, but his.

2Co 5:13 For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died;
Yes that love would not allow a child to be murdered, if they was any way to prevent it.

I'm am sorry that you can't see anyone thinking in a dire situation. Is that an excuse for a lie?

We need not make excuses when we are acting in a life-saving situation. I am sure you are not unable to think of a situation where a knee-jerk response is necessary. Of course, where I could, I would absolutely take a minute to reflect on what God would have me do or say, but in a dire emergency, what comes out is what I am made of and hopefully it would be something that honours God---whether it is a declaration that deflects the danger or simply a command, "In the name of Jesus Christ---STOP!"

In the end, God gets all the glory, and anything less than PC that would come out of me, I would take to the throne. Over all, God is good and His will is done through anything I would choose to do, as I walk with Him and my utmost desire is to please Him.

Why any born again Christian would even consider lying as an option to fulfill the will of God is amazing to me, even when we know this...

Pro 14:5 A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.

Pro 19:5 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

Pro 13:5 A righteous man hateth lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and cometh to shame.

Pro 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

But brother Curtis, love saves and will lie to save an innocent life. Well, God is love, he does not posses or have love he is love. Love, which is God never lies. If Christ is now our life, and we died on the cross and it is no longer I who liveth, but Christ liveth in me, and the scripture tells us that Christ in us never sins or lies. The only way any body could possible say the words “I would lie to save a life” has now overthrown Christ in him or her, and has taken the authority to themselves to do righteousness. No amount of righteous acts can count for any good to the Lord as all of our righteousness are as filthy rags to him. This is what this man has done is saying these things......

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Instead of putting on the Lord Jesus Christ he has taken him off and is now ready to fulfill the lust of the flesh. He has made made a provision to lie when the right time comes, which leads us to this scripture.....

Jer 17:5 Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD.

His strength is no longer in the Lord that dwells within him, but now his strength is in his own flesh, which cause's him to be cursed. He has turned away from the ways of God and turned in doing evil so that good may come out of it.

edit..too harsh

Remember I told you before, if someone says something that gets you upset, chances are what you thought as truth most likely is not. When you hold the truth nothing anyone says to you can move, change or shaken it. If someone says something that gets me upset I know I have something wrong with my understanding, So i examine myself to see if I really am holding to truth, if not I change what I thought was real and conform it to the truth. Then I go back and reexamine other truths and compare them to this new truth, and make sure they agree together. Like Jesus said "Wisdom is known by all her children" What does that mean?

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

These things here are Wisdoms children. It is FIRST pure, which means it will never compromise the truth no matter what the cost. then it is peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy, and good fruits, impartial, and sincere.
Wisdom children are never moved by what others say. It is always at peace in what it believes.

Remember I told you before, if someone says something that gets you upset, chances are what you thought as truth most likely is not. When you hold the truth nothing anyone says to you can move, change or shaken it. If someone says something that gets me upset I know I have something wrong with my understanding, So i examine myself to see if I really am holding to truth, if not I change what I thought was real and conform it to the truth. Then I go back and reexamine other truths and compare them to this new truth, and make sure they agree together. Like Jesus said "Wisdom is known by all her children" What does that mean?

Jas 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

These things here are Wisdoms children. It is FIRST pure, which means it will never compromise the truth no matter what the cost. then it is peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy, and good fruits, impartial, and sincere.
Wisdom children are never moved by what others say. It is always at peace in what it believes.
Well it was a matter of compassion, not a matter of anger or being upset..you guys may really believe what you have tried to affirm on this thread, I don't want to condemn you for an honest mistake. But There is no way you guys would ever keep a child that I loved..and I mean that, unless I seen a different attitude toward protecting the weak?

Well it was a matter of compassion, not a matter of anger or being upset..you guys may really believe what you have tried to affirm on this thread, I don't want to condemn you for an honest mistake. But There is no way you guys would ever keep a child that I loved..and I mean that, unless I seen a different attitude toward protecting the weak?

It's OK brother I am not offended by your responses.

I should think that if it is not a sin to kill to protect the death of an innocent, it is certainly not a sin to not speak the truth to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back