Will God and Jesus ever stop loving me? Can someone lose their salvation while on earth?

Just as I should not have to answer such a question on what the name of the seed in a believer is, you, and everyone should know that an act of sin is different from a state of sin.

This is an ideal to which every Christian is bound to aspire - inability to sin.

What John is saying here is that a Christian cannot persist in habitual, continual sin because he is born of God and the seed which which is of course the Lord Jesus Christ lives in him.

He cannot sin without a struggle or without a sense of grief so powerful that ultimately, despite his struggles, he will be brought to repentance and a forsaking of sin. What he is declaring to us, then, is that sin is no longer natural to the believer. Though, for a time, he may slip into it rather easily, nevertheless, it is now contrary to his nature. His heart is set toward God, and his life is a truceless antagonism against sin, and this must become apparent by breaking away from the bondage and slavery of sin.

"No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him," he declares and I believe!!! The child of God cannot persist, he cannot go on continuously living in what he knows to be sin.

If you will study the Greek grammer on this you will see that this is made clear in the tense of the compound verb, to commit sin. It is not aorist, which would have meant a single act of sin, but rather it is the present, continuous tense, "to go on committing sin."

In any case, Christ in us can never sin no matter how much we slice it up. Learning and understanding this person (Jesus Christ) in us is the key to sin not having it's way in a believer, which also has to do with the power given to a believer by God over it. All sin is linked to the devil.

In any case, Christ in us can never sin no matter how much we slice it up. Learning and understanding this person (Jesus Christ) in us is the key to sin not having it's way in a believer, which also has to do with the power given to a believer by God over it. All sin is linked to the devil.

1 John 1:10 NIV If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:10 NIV If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
No one said anything about a Christian not sinning. We are talking the "seed" which is Christ in us who never sins. That is if you believe that God can not sin as that who he is in us.

Bless you my brother.

oooops...........double post!

A Christian worth his salt will never say that he has never sinned. We know we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God, but by faith in Jesus Christ, we have become new creatures in Christ, bearing His literal presence in our lives. Our spirits are born anew---and can never sin, because the Spirit of Christ lives there.

Our flesh can still sin, but thank God our spirits are new and perfect, and we are in the process of renewing our minds to conform to Christ!

Romans 12:1-2 (Phillips)
With eyes wide open to the mercies of God, I beg you, my brothers, as an act of intelligent worship, to give him your bodies, as a living sacrifice, consecrated to him and acceptable by him. Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould, but let God re-mould your minds from within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan of God for you is good, meets all his demands and moves towards the goal of true maturity.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (GW)
The weapons we use in our fight are not made by humans. Rather, they are powerful weapons from God. With them we destroy people’s defenses, that is, their arguments 5 and all their intellectual arrogance that oppose the knowledge of God. We take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ.

Euphemia says ''Our spirits are born anew---and can never sin, because the Spirit of Christ lives there''. Do you agree with that?

The picture I get from scripture is that we are eternally sealed. Not eternally perfect. We would not need to be sealed in Christ, if as new creations we were now ''perfect''.

Euphemia says ''Our spirits are born anew---and can never sin, because the Spirit of Christ lives there''. Do you agree with that?

The picture I get from scripture is that we are eternally sealed. Not eternally perfect. We would not need to be sealed in Christ, if as new creations we were now ''perfect''.

Yes...while our spirits are pure and holy and cannot sin, our flesh is imperfect and wars against righteousness. Thank God we are indeed sealed by the Spirit of God so that we remain part of the family of God!

Galatians 5:16-18
So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

Yes...while our spirits are pure and holy and cannot sin, our flesh is imperfect and wars against righteousness. Thank God we are indeed sealed by the Spirit of God so that we remain part of the family of God!
I am not talking about the flesh.

A Christian worth his salt will never say that he has never sinned. We know we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God, but by faith in Jesus Christ, we have become new creatures in Christ, bearing His literal presence in our lives. Our spirits are born anew---and can never sin, because the Spirit of Christ lives there.

Our flesh can still sin, but thank God our spirits are new and perfect, and we are in the process of renewing our minds to conform to Christ!

Romans 12:1-2 (Phillips)
With eyes wide open to the mercies of God, I beg you, my brothers, as an act of intelligent worship, to give him your bodies, as a living sacrifice, consecrated to him and acceptable by him. Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its own mould, but let God re-mould your minds from within, so that you may prove in practice that the plan of God for you is good, meets all his demands and moves towards the goal of true maturity.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (GW)
The weapons we use in our fight are not made by humans. Rather, they are powerful weapons from God. With them we destroy people’s defenses, that is, their arguments 5 and all their intellectual arrogance that oppose the knowledge of God. We take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ.

As you said if we are worth our weight in salt then we will learn to make our flesh submit unto the spirit.

Flesh = old nature or old man
Spirit = new spirit man
There is a battle between the two
It is up to you to feed one and starve the other
This determans if you continue to sin much or simply miss the mark now and again

Galatians 5:16-18
So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. 17 The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. 18 But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.

Euphemia even though what you say is true there is a problem that lays in the midst of it....
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Now then the problem is that Believers have to take these scriptures and apply them to their lives daily and in time what you say becomes a reality in their lives..........Now here is the problem...........Most beleivers sadddddllllly simply do not or will not make a quality choice to make this first place in their lives and never get much Change going on in their lives.....The only change is head knowledge and that will Always Leave them coming up short...........

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God - who maketh all grace abound to me. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

Blessings and love in Christ
Jim

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death

Euphemia even though what you say is true there is a problem that lays in the midst of it....
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Now then the problem is that Believers have to take these scriptures and apply them to their lives daily and in time what you say becomes a reality in their lives..........Now here is the problem...........Most beleivers sadddddllllly simply do not or will not make a quality choice to make this first place in their lives and never get much Change going on in their lives.....The only change is head knowledge and that will Always Leave them coming up short...........

Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(( Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day ))

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(( Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else. ))

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(( The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least. ))

All done through the Grace of God - who maketh all grace abound to me. (2 Corinthians 9:8)

Blessings and love in Christ
Jim
Yes, all that comes through both one's being discipled as well as self-discipline in knowing the word and applying it.. It's maturity in Christ.

It's the flesh that needs to submit to God continually. Our spirits are already perfect in God's eyes. He dwells there.
The flesh needs to die and will die oneday. The flesh is at emnity with the spirit.

Yes our spirits are perfect to God. Because we are washed by the blood of Jesus. Sealed by His blood.

The question is, do / can our spirits still sin /do something evil in heaven? There are two options. 1. Yes, but it is not sin that upsets God because we are sealed eternally by His blood. or 2. No, we can never do anything evil. Never swear. Never think something bad.

Now if we choose 2 the follow up question is 'do we lose our free will'?

I get annoyed with some Christians at the moment. I don't doubt they love Jesus. But they annoy me. They will likely still annoy me in heaven. We stay the human race.

Then I think on some level we will all annoy God. But He chooses to tolerate us :giggle:.

I believe because of our decision to accept Jesus we are eternally sealed as opposed to 'perfect' and losing our free will.

The flesh needs to die and will die oneday. The flesh is at emnity with the spirit.

Yes our spirits are perfect to God. Because we are washed by the blood of Jesus. Sealed by His blood.

The question is, do / can our spirits still sin /do something evil in heaven? There are two options. 1. Yes, but it is not sin that upsets God because we are sealed eternally by His blood. or 2. No, we can never do anything evil. Never swear. Never think something bad.

Our spirits cannot sin, as Paul tells us through the Spirit of God. In heaven, sin will not be an issue.

Now if we choose 2 the follow up question is 'do we lose our free will'?

As Jesus says, we will be like the angels in heaven. They have free will and do not sin.

I get annoyed with some Christians at the moment. I don't doubt they love Jesus. But they annoy me. They will likely still annoy me in heaven. We stay the human race.

Annoyance won't be an issue for you in the Kingdom, either.

Then I think on some level we will all annoy God. But He chooses to tolerate us :giggle:.

Not really. He is not like us.

I believe because of our decision to accept Jesus we are eternally sealed as opposed to 'perfect' and losing our free will.

We are eternally sealed and pure in spirit, because our sins have all been washed away, due to God's wonderful grace.

Back