Thinking about what we think and say

Hello D3v;

I had to call a government recorder in another state this morning. The recording apologized multiple times for putting me on hold and thanked me for my patience. In the background music it sounded like a lonely musician playing the same slow progression on the guitar.

It challenged my patience because my question was very simple and couldn't get the answer on their government website.

While waiting I logged on to Christian Forum Site and as I read the good posts it prompted me to consider what I was thinking and what to say when a "live" person came on the phone.

I am a God believer that at any moment, pray and ask God to guard our hearts and tongues. It takes work because we won't get it right everytime, but God does!

It will make a positive first impression in our witness when we speak, listen or write to others.

God bless you always, sister.

Hello D3v;

I had to call a government recorder in another state this morning. The recording apologized multiple times for putting me on hold and thanked me for my patience. In the background music it sounded like a lonely musician playing the same slow progression on the guitar.

It challenged my patience because my question was very simple and couldn't get the answer on their government website.

While waiting I logged on to Christian Forum Site and as I read the good posts it prompted me to consider what I was thinking and what to say when a "live" person came on the phone.

I am a God believer that at any moment, pray and ask God to guard our hearts and tongues. It takes work because we won't get it right everytime, but God does!

It will make a positive first impression in our witness when we speak, listen or write to others.

God bless you always, sister.

There are many things in our path to frustrate us and zap our joy every day.
I like what Paul instructs to EXAMINE yourselves daily is good advice. I would add by nano seconds,by people and by situations.

I'll be glad to be glorified and lay this flesh aside,not to have to battle against that seems a great reward.
Bless you brother and yours!

Not everyone can give an answer right away, don't feel pressured when asked if you can't think of an answer.
You can say 'I need to think about this' or 'I'll get back to you'.

And it's also OK to say 'I don't know'
Or do a google search before you say something to get your facts right.

Sometimes all people want is an emotional response and it's ok to react with an emoji or something. Or 'I hear you'.
A lot of discussion is just that - it's not debate. It's just exploring ideas. There's no I am right and you must be wrong. Sometimes its 'this is the way I see it from my perspective...what's yours?' Not well this is the way it is for EVERYONE. It's not.

If we want answers from above we can always pray and ask Him for wisdom. (It's no use praying for patience lol)

IT NEVER FAILS TO SURPRISE ME HOW WE THINK IT HURTS TO APOLOGIZE. TO SAY IM SORRY SEEMS TO CAUSE US TO RETHINK,EXAMINE AND TEAR APART OUR THINKING !
IT IS BECAUSE IT IS HUMBLING AND ERASING SOME OF OUR EGO AND PRIDE TO DO SO.

I WANT THIS REMOVING OR ERASING SO IM SAYING AT THIS TIME
I APOLOGIZE TO
Lanolin
YeshuaFan
Major
Musicmaster
IF THERE ARE MORE CONTACT ME AND I ALSO WILL SAY IM SORRY TO YOU ALSO

PLZ FORGIVE.....TO ERR IS HUMAN!

IT NEVER FAILS TO SURPRISE ME HOW WE THINK IT HURTS TO APOLOGIZE. TO SAY IM SORRY SEEMS TO CAUSE US TO RETHINK,EXAMINE AND TEAR APART OUR THINKING !
IT IS BECAUSE IT IS HUMBLING AND ERASING SOME OF OUR EGO AND PRIDE TO DO SO.

I WANT THIS REMOVING OR ERASING SO IM SAYING AT THIS TIME
I APOLOGIZE TO
Lanolin
YeshuaFan
Major
Musicmaster
IF THERE ARE MORE CONTACT ME AND I ALSO WILL SAY IM SORRY TO YOU ALSO

PLZ FORGIVE.....TO ERR IS HUMAN!

God bless you! You do not have to apologize to me sister. We are all on the same page and we all love one another or at least we should.

If there is any disagreement of Bible doctrine we need to discuss it and then if we are not in agreement, we say........
"I love you and on this issue we disagree..........lets go to lunch, I AM BUYING!"

Personally......I never want anyone to be upset or angry with me. That is not in my makeup.
No one know everything (my wife would argue that) and we all try to do the best we can with what we have and as long as we treat others with respect, how could there be a need to apologize!(y)

Very true.

Many years ago, I said hello to a man who was passing by that I knew. He looked at me and said........"Leave me alone, I do not need you"!

I thought......How rude he was. I never pursued it and about 3 months later he came to church and afterwards he came and apologized for his actions. He explained that he had just the day before buried his 10 year old grandchild and he was in a very dark depression.

You see........we do not know what anyone is going through on any given day and we just do not feel like being Mr. Wonderful in a time of crisis.

Back