Thinking about what we think and say

It’s very easy to slip into some of those thoughts with negative views.

The enemy will try anything to make us miserable.

But I also think he can also make us feel elated too when it suits him. he can appear as a messenger of light.

For instance…
If I think I’m beautiful, I could start to feel elated.

How would I know if this is of the enemy, Or if it is of God?

Thanks Dv3,

Your image postings I love❤️
Thank you Ms Via,
I have a lot of respect for what you express. You show kindness always and seem to be always joyful. I pray the Lord would give you the sweetness of the honeycomb to flood your soul and that sweetness would settle in the very marrow of your being. He is everything to me everything!

Hello D3v;

This poster is very much rocket science and I really had to figure this out. 🎼 If I only had a brain 🎼 lol! 😎

Seriously, it reminded me of a sermon I heard yesterday on the radio. We are personally entering a new chapter in our life and the preacher was saying that when we are headed in a new direction with God, we may feel he is not with us because of the details (troubles) in between the beginning and completion. The details (troubles) in between may discourage us but He is with us the whole time.

I believe the preacher used Isaiah 55:6-9, 6 “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - ESV

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing this.

Hello D3v;

This poster is very much rocket science and I really had to figure this out. 🎼 If I only had a brain 🎼 lol! 😎

Seriously, it reminded me of a sermon I heard yesterday on the radio. We are personally entering a new chapter in our life and the preacher was saying that when we are headed in a new direction with God, we may feel he is not with us because of the details (troubles) in between the beginning and completion. The details (troubles) in between may discourage us but He is with us the whole time.

I believe the preacher used Isaiah 55:6-9, 6 “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; 7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. - ESV

God bless you, sister, and thank you for sharing this.

If I had drawn that scale of what we think compared to what his will may be for our lives, it would be way worse.

There would be gators, snakes & spiders in my way. The rocks the rain and the waters waaaaaaaay rougher seas & terrain.

I love Isaiah, it contains some of the most powerful verses, as you've quoted above. Is.43: When thou passed through the WATERS,I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall NOT overflow thee: When thou walked through the fire, though shalt NOT be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon THEE.
POWERFUL !

Not everyone can give an answer right away, don't feel pressured when asked if you can't think of an answer.
You can say 'I need to think about this' or 'I'll get back to you'.

And it's also OK to say 'I don't know'
Or do a google search before you say something to get your facts right.

Sometimes all people want is an emotional response and it's ok to react with an emoji or something. Or 'I hear you'.
A lot of discussion is just that - it's not debate. It's just exploring ideas. There's no I am right and you must be wrong. Sometimes its 'this is the way I see it from my perspective...what's yours?' Not well this is the way it is for EVERYONE. It's not.

If we want answers from above we can always pray and ask Him for wisdom. (It's no use praying for patience lol)
I really like this reply. I feel the same way. I refer back to scriptures. Be slow to speak and quick to listen, asking God for His wisdom. I like Paul when he talks about be at peace with all men if it is possible. I think myself it's one of the biggest struggles I face is that I personally face is the impulse to provide a response.

Realizing praying is a response. Being humble and acknowledging that we don't know everything and even means how to formulate an appropriate response to a person's conversation whether it be post online or in person.

Back