The Raptures (Harpazo) of the Scriptures

Doesn't it say the 200 million army, or Joel's army come out of the pit and don't look or act human?

REV. 9:1-10........
And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months."

It certainly reads like they are strange to me.

HOWEVER............was this strange to John???? He was taken by the Spirit of God into the future (2000 years), shown the visions of what was coming and then told to write down what he saw. He then proceeded to do just that in his own understand of the time he lived in........90 AD.

Just to prove this, It is worth noting that, in this chapter, there are more occurrences of the words “as” and “like” than in any other chapter in the Bible. This shows how difficult it was for John to describe the scene which he saw in the vision with the language he had to draw from. Therefore, we must be careful and wise as we interpret this chapter.

I am one who shys away from the teaching that these 200 million beings are "demons".
I am one who believes that the Anti-Christ will be a human and he will be so totally influenced by Satan that no one will be able to tell. This will also be one of the reason why all believers will be Raptured.

Then question must be........why were THESE specific demons bound in the Euphrates River????

It may just be because the Euphrates was in the Mesopotamian Valley, which was the cradle of civilization. It was where the garden of Eden was located; it was where the first sin was committed; it was where the first lie was told; it was where the first murder was committed; and it was where the first grave was dug. It was in this region where God saw that the wickedness of man was great and so He sent the flood. It was where men attempted to build a tower that would reach into the heavens, so that God confounded the languages. Nimrod built the tower of Babel. It was this region where ancient Israel’s most oppressive enemies came from —the Assyrians, the Babylonians, the Medes, and the Persians. It is here that God has kept in confinement, four fallen angels who will be loosed upon the earth, when the sixth trumpet is sounded. It might be that God chose to bind these angels at the place of Satan’s first apparent victory, as serving notice that this “victory” will be overturned. Thus, the four bound angels are but the first fruits of a far greater victory to follow.

Just a thought!!!!!

It's nearly midnight and I'm not sure I'll have time tomorrow to watch it, so I'll get to it when I can. Remember the 10 kings have no kingdom as yet... it'll be the work of the Antichrist for sure and I do not believe it's remotely possible to know how this will play out beyond what the scriptures say, which isn't much. But I'll see if I can find anything. I do believe the USA will no longer exists, be broken into multiple countries, or be so weak we won't be able to do anything because of a great catastrophe, God or man-made. Either way, a lot of theories will be broken or proven by October... nighty night :) :sleep:

Agreed. The removal of believers in America at the Rapture will make us a 3rd rate county.

Agreed. The removal of believers in America at the Rapture will make us a 3rd rate country.

Worse than a third world country....a broken country. But still, I don't think John didn't know men from demons. I don't think he was using metaphor. I think he was seeing hybrids. Men/women who have had the image of God corrupted. Rofl - or who knows - borgs in exoskeletons. I don't want to be here then. Maranatha.

Agreed. The removal of believers in America at the Rapture will make us a 3rd rate county.

I remember a Tim LaHaye movie, about the Rapture, in which it was stated that the airlines have no more than one Christian in the cockpit (so as to keep the plane in the air at the Rapture). Does this make any sense--or might there be another way that God spares the plane and it's passengers? What about other transportation, like busses, which have only one driver?

Major, I realize this is all speculation. And that God is in control. Please tell me your thoughts anyway.

I remember a Tim LaHaye movie, about the Rapture, in which it was stated that the airlines have no more than one Christian in the cockpit (so as to keep the plane in the air at the Rapture). Does this make any sense--or might there be another way that God spares the plane and it's passengers? What about other transportation, like busses, which have only one driver?

Major, I realize this is all speculation. And that God is in control. Please tell me your thoughts anyway.

It really does not matter my friend. God has no intention on sparing those left in a plane or bus or whatever. Those left behind have been judged and found guilty. Whether they die sooner or later is not the issue. The only thing that mattered is that they died without Christ. Those left are all in the same condition. They are all guilty and the penality for sin is death. Those in airplanes and such that die will receive the payment for their sin.

It really does not matter my friend. God has no intention on sparing those left in a plane or bus or whatever. Those left behind have been judged and found guilty. Whether they die sooner or later is not the issue. The only thing that mattered is that they died without Christ. Those left are all in the same condition. They are all guilty and the penality for sin is death. Those in airplanes and such that die will receive the payment for their sin.

I thought that some would be saved during the Tribulation through the ministry of the 144,000? You are a very gifted teacher. I pray that I'm not being a burden to you.

The 144,000 are Jewish male virgins. (I think?). Some people will be saved, as tribulation saints - those who are able to avoid taking the mark. The prophecies call the the tribulation "Jacob's Trouble" and the finishing of Daniel's 70th week. @Major does teach rightly divided scripture

I thought that some would be saved during the Tribulation through the ministry of the 144,000? You are a very gifted teacher. I pray that I'm not being a burden to you.

You are very nice and I appreciate your kind words. There is NO SUCH THING AS A BURDEN WHEN IT COMES TO TALKING ABOUT OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

All I do is try to get out the Word of God so that others today can hear the gospel and be saved. No more no less and remember, I am just an ole country boy conceived in the "holy land" of North Alabama!

IMO, there will be a great number of people saved during the Tribulation. IMO it will be those who have never heard the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thess. 2:8-12).

Rev. 7:9-10..............
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

verses 13-14.......
"And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

This is reflected in the translation ESV, which states, "For those days will be a time of tribulation…(Mark 13:19)." This is in harmony with Daniel 12:1, which also calls this period "a time of distress." This universally innumerable multitude will arrive in heaven during the period of the great tribulation.

This group is different from the church which is in heaven. They camr THROUGH the Tribulation.

Jesus is the one who said in Matthew 24:21..........
"For then shall be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time , no nor ever shall be".

IT seems that most of this group was martyrs but we are not told that specifically. They have however endured and that is the mark of a Christian...ENDURE!!!!

The 144,000 are Jewish male virgins. (I think?). Some people will be saved, as tribulation saints - those who are able to avoid taking the mark. The prophecies call the the tribulation "Jacob's Trouble" and the finishing of Daniel's 70th week. @Major does teach rightly divided scripture

Thank you my sister! You are way to kind to me and I really appreciate your kind comments.

You are very nice and I appreciate your kind words. There is NO SUCH THING AS A BURDEN WHEN IT COMES TO TALKING ABOUT OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

All I do is try to get out the Word of God so that others today can hear the gospel and be saved. No more no less and remember, I am just an ole country boy conceived in the "holy land" of North Alabama!

IMO, there will be a great number of people saved during the Tribulation. IMO it will be those who have never heard the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Thess. 2:8-12).

Rev. 7:9-10..............
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

verses 13-14.......
"And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

This is reflected in the translation ESV, which states, "For those days will be a time of tribulation…(Mark 13:19)." This is in harmony with Daniel 12:1, which also calls this period "a time of distress." This universally innumerable multitude will arrive in heaven during the period of the great tribulation.

This group is different from the church which is in heaven. They camr THROUGH the Tribulation.

Jesus is the one who said in Matthew 24:21..........
"For then shall be great tribulation such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time , no nor ever shall be".

IT seems that most of this group was martyrs but we are not told that specifically. They have however endured and that is the mark of a Christian...ENDURE!!!!

The only thing I care about is that you're a CRIMSON TIDE FAN!!!!! ---(Just joking...the main thing is Christ-crucified and carrying His message to others!) Anyway, I came to like Alabama when Bear-Bryant was coaching. Our deacon is all-out Alabama! We live in Northern California, so some people think we're nuts--but 'Bama has been in the national play-offs several times.

Enough about that!

I think there will be many Martyrs during the Tribulation. But don't you think there will be many survivors (who go all the way through the Tribution without taking the Mark?

The only thing I care about is that you're a CRIMSON TIDE FAN!!!!! ---(Just joking...the main thing is Christ-crucified and carrying His message to others!) Anyway, I came to like Alabama when Bear-Bryant was coaching. Our deacon is all-out Alabama! We live in Northern California, so some people think we're nuts--but 'Bama has been in the national play-offs several times.

Enough about that!

I think there will be many Martyrs during the Tribulation. But don't you think there will be many survivors (who go all the way through the Tribution without taking the Mark?

ROLL TIDE!.........Yes sir, I am one of the chosen to be conceived in the Promised Land of Alabama!

If you have never been to a Tide game in Bama you have missed something special.

Yes.......there will be a tremendous number of Martyers and also there will be many who live through the Tribulation and go into the 1000 year rule as humans.

We, the Church
I think far too many people put tickets on themselves.
The Church will prove to be only a fraction, a tiny minority of the weird and disobedient world of "christianity."
98% of "christian" doctrine and worship is not in accordance with the written word of God, nor bears much resemblance to
the gospel of salvation as taught and practiced by the Apostles.
Why would Jesus want to rapture a disobedient population that preaches so many other gospels??

The Church will prove to be only a fraction, a tiny minority of the weird and disobedient world of "christianity."
98% of "christian" doctatrine and worship is not in accordance with the written word of God, nor bears much resemblance to
Why would Jesus want to rapture a disobedient population that preaches so many other gospels??

Scripture tells us if we believe the basic planks, in our hearts, we are part of the body of Christ. These planks, despite our many disagreements (ie; what day is the sabbath, should we celebrate Christ's birth, works over grace) are: do we believe that Christ was God incarnate? did he die a horrible death on the cross and was resurrected? did His work atone for all our sins? They are stated in the mission statement of this forum. I don't give myself or anyone else a ticket....It is God's offer of Grace. And a promise....and He keeps His promises. 2 billion people are listed as Christians on a planet of 7 billion. I grant you that probably 2 billion won't be raptured...but out of love I pray for myself, and people I love, and people I agree with and people I disagree with and all the people they love. I pray persistently and with a strong voice (6 to 12 times per day) that the HS will touch each heart and help us all overcome. We are short on time, IMO, and miles to the sky swamped in deception.

98% of "christian" doctrine and worship is not in accordance with the written word of God, nor bears much resemblance to

Jesus will come when God tells Him to, and it will be to collect His Bride, who is spotless. We are the righteousness of God in Christ. The onus is on you and me to make sure we are loyal to God's word and remain abiding in the vine. I know that 100% of those raptured will be born again, and of varying degrees of spiritual growth. Thanks to Jesus and His precious blood, I am ON THE TEAM!

2Corinthians 10:18
For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

2 Corinthians 10:17-18
The Scriptures say, “If you want to brag, then brag about the Lord.” 18 You may brag about yourself, but the only approval that counts is the Lord’s approval.

Hallelujah! God approves of His children!!

This is only fleshly opinion.

The Church of Jesus Christ is the sum total of God's family.

Galatians 4:4-7
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. 5 God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. 6 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” 7 Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

Scripture tells us if we believe the basic planks, in our hearts, we are part of the body of Christ. These planks, despite our many disagreements (ie; what day is the sabbath, should we celebrate Christ's birth, works over grace) are: do we believe that Christ was God incarnate? did he die a horrible death on the cross and was resurrected? did His work atone for all our sins? They are stated in the mission statement of this forum. I don't give myself or anyone else a ticket....It is God's offer of Grace. And a promise....and He keeps His promises. 2 billion people are listed as Christians on a planet of 7 billion. I grant you that probably 2 billion won't be raptured...but out of love I pray for myself, and people I love, and people I agree with and people I disagree with and all the people they love. I pray persistently and with a strong voice (6 to 12 times per day) that the HS will touch each heart and help us all overcome. We are short on time, IMO, and miles to the sky swamped in deception.

I have no idea, but in my heart I feel like the greatest missionary opportunity is in the pews of churches all over this land.

I recall that Jesus sent out 10 and only one came back.
A great crowd greeted Jesus when He entered the city and shouted praises for, BUT there were only 4 people at the cross for Him.
In John 6:59-71 MANY of Jesus disciples would not follow Him anymore.
We know that the way is wide but the gate is narrow and FEW there be that find their way in.

I really think that there will be a lot less leaving at the Rapture then we think. Just a feeling. I hope I am totally wrong though!

Back