The MOST Important Bible Doctrine

To be upfront, I messaged Major while this thread was suspended.

Regarding the original question be honest, I haven't read each and every post. I read many of first few and surveyed the thread and meditated on the question.

I had thought of John 3:16 (Salvation),

or John Chapter 1 (It all starts with God/Jesus).

Or even His basic existence (Exodus 3:14) is the most fundamental

But after consideration. I think that the question itself is the wrong approach.

Instead, I would like to make an analogy with the body of Christ being a unity of all members. All doctrine works together in a inter-related manner. I will refer to 1 Cor12:12-27 in my analogy

1 Corinthians 12:12-27
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
(KJV)

Just as the church functions best if each of us bends our efforts and work together, No doctrine stands alone, but is dependent on the others. Some are more obscure, but I an loathe to deem any better than another.

To be upfront, I messaged Major while this thread was suspended.

Regarding the original question be honest, I haven't read each and every post. I read many of first few and surveyed the thread and meditated on the question.

I had thought of John 3:16 (Salvation),

or John Chapter 1 (It all starts with God/Jesus).

Or even His basic existence (Exodus 3:14) is the most fundamental

But after consideration. I think that the question itself is the wrong approach.

Instead, I would like to make an analogy with the body of Christ being a unity of all members. All doctrine works together in a inter-related manner. I will refer to 1 Cor12:12-27 in my analogy

1 Corinthians 12:12-27
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
(KJV)

Just as the church functions best if each of us bends our efforts and work together, No doctrine stands alone, but is dependent on the others. Some are more obscure, but I an loathe to deem any better than another.
Agreed!

Greetings again Major,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but possibly I know better what I actually believe. Please reconsider my previous post which you seem to have ignored.

I am new on this forum, but now have had some time to browse some of the threads. I have read a reasonable amount of posts that you have given and I found them having a fairly wide range of subjects and interesting content.

I hope to discuss some posts as they occur, rather than possibly going over older posts and threads. I was keen to read one portion of your posts in your thread "The Book Of ROMANS.....A Systematic Teaching", and it is an area where I have a specific interest. If I pick up a new commentary, I usually open this to this particular portion of the Book of Romans. I will not comment further at this point of time and possibly the specific subject will occur again.

One of the problems with forums is that it takes a long time to come to understand the various participants and their specific beliefs and backgrounds.

Kind regards
Trevor
Thanks for the comments my friend. However, I am not really enthusiastic as much as I am sold out for the cause of Christ.

Please feel free to comment on anything I post in any Bible Book such as Romans or the Revelation. You are welcome to disagree all you want to.

When I see and find any teaching that challenges the written Word of God, I am like an Alabama bulldog on a ham bone!
There is NO compromise with the Word of God. I do not like to argue and I do not like confrontation and I may not always be right, but the Word of God is!

Now I am sure that what you are saying is what you believe. What I am simply saying to you in all due respect, that what YOU posted is exactly what the Serpents Seed theology teaches. That is what I was speaking to! As you have read, and please understand, I do not care who disagrees, the Serpent Seed teaching is a false, totally false, man made up teaching. That is what I was concerned with.

You said In post #49, .............
"...... The seed of the serpent was Cain and his descendants and the Pharisees and Saduccees who crucified Jesus Genesis 3:15."

I look forward to talking more with you on different topics.

****************************************BACK TO THE THREAD********************************

What are the IMPORTANT Bible doctrines to you? I only mentioned the Trinity.

How about the VIRGIN BIRTH of the Lord Jesus Christ?
Is that an important doctrine?
Can anyone be a Christian and deny the Virgin Birth?

Matthew 1:23............
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."

The angel Gabriel visits the Virgin Mary to bring her the news that she would be the mother of the Messiah. Mary asks............
“How will this be, since I am a virgin?” (Luke 1:34).

There are at least five reasons why it is important to believe in the Virgin Birth.

1. Jesus Had A Heavenly Origin
If Joseph were His true father, then Jesus would be only a human being. He would not be the Son of God as Scripture clearly states.

2. Jesus Had A Sinless Nature
If Jesus had a human father, then He would have inherited a sinful nature as the rest of us have. The Bible says.

3. Jesus Was The Perfect Sacrifice
Without the sinlessness of Christ there would be no salvation. Christ came, as the "Perfect" sinless sacrifice that God demanded.

4. The Virgin Birth Shows The Uniqueness Of Christ
No one else has ever come into the world the same way as Jesus. It was a miracle of God!

5. The Bible Says So
If Jesus were not actually born of a virgin then the Bible is wrong. If it is wrong concerning the Virgin Birth, then it is possible that it may be in error about other matters. Once the door opens to the possibility of error in Scripture the eventual and logical result is that the entire foundation of the Christian faith will crumble. The doctrine of the Virgin Birth and the credibility of Christianity go hand-in-hand.

What say YOU???????

I do not consider any one doctrine is more important than others, each is essential, with proper understanding and balance.
I would only kindly remind you that if you look into Church history you will find that many martyrs have spilt their blood for certain doctrines that they were truly convicted over. For example, without the doctrine of Sola Scriptura (scripture having the last say in theological issues), we would be doing Gregorian Chants, thumbing rosary beads saying hail Marys and/or staring at icons as well as practicing indulgences for the forgiveness of sins. So doctrine/teaching is very important.

btw, Major sola scriptura has my vote for being one of the most important doctrines.

Last edited:
I would only kindly remind you that if you look into Church history you will find that many martyrs have spilt their blood for certain doctrines that they were truly convicted over. For example, without the doctrine of Sola Scriptura (scripture having the last say in theological issues), we would be doing Gregorian Chants, thumbing rosary beads saying hail Marys and/or staring at icons as well as practicing indulgences for the forgiveness of sins. So doctrine/teaching is very important.

btw, Major sola scriptura has my vote for being one of the most important doctrines.
Agreed!

Sola Scriptura would be high up for me as well!

As I said, I only picked the Trinity as a starting point for conversation.

OK. So YOU are saying that Satan had a part in creation. I can not and do not agree. Brother 2404........your opinions IMO are very suspect. You seem to have forgotten that ALL angels were created by the Lord Jesus Christ and As created beings they are under the command of Christ. That being the case there is NO way that any angel had anything to do in the creation act! There are NO/NONE/ZERO Scriptures that suggest any angel had anything to do with the creation act of God! Isiah that you posted says nothing about Satan being active in creation!

Hello Major;

I wouldn't say any member who posts his/her opinion is suspect. It's a matter of how they interpret or understand the Scriptures and this includes doctrine. If it's extreme then I'll address the member in a pm.

Your question regarding which doctrines are most important, I don't have a 1, 2 and 3 order of doctrine but I do believe all the doctrines that are backed Biblically has an overall effect on the doctrines and my personal discipleship. This is by God's Wonderful Design.

However, if one doctrine does not align with a follower of Christ then that does impact the other doctrines. Personally, I still study doctrines that I'm reconciling in my years of following Christ. God understands this to all who follow Christ and faithfully continues His work in each of us.

We must remember God's knowledge isn't on the same level of any seasoned or new Christian disciple. Therefore, the doctrines aren't all easily accepted or believed. It takes prayer, wisdom, study, time and the prompting of the Holy Spirit to arrive how God reveals all things to us, including His doctrines.

I'm personally monitoring this thread and if we are posting as "learned and seasoned disciples" then let's discuss this amicably which is in the mix of a learned and disciplined disciple.

God bless you all and your entire families.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
Nothing sinister and not a trick question. I just picked the Trinity as a starting point. I would say that all Bible doctrines are important in one way or another to each one of us.

But there has to be one that stand out. MINE is the Trinity and the reason is that in it is all the Godhead. From that springs the others.

But that is just me!

Last edited:
Hello Major;

I wouldn't say any member who posts his/her opinion is suspect. It's a matter of how they interpret or understand the Scriptures and this includes doctrine. If it's extreme then I'll address the member in a pm.

Your question regarding which doctrines are most important, I don't have a 1, 2 and 3 order of doctrine but I do believe all the doctrines that are backed Biblically has an overall effect on the doctrines and my personal discipleship. This is by God's Wonderful Design.

However, if one doctrine does not align with a follower of Christ then that does impact the other doctrines. Personally, I still study doctrines that I'm reconciling in my years of following Christ. God understands this to all who follow Christ and faithfully continues His work in each of us.

We must remember God's knowledge isn't on the same level of any seasoned or new Christian disciple. Therefore, the doctrines aren't all easily accepted or believed. It takes prayer, wisdom, study, time and the prompting of the Holy Spirit to arrive how God reveals all things to us, including His doctrines.

I'm personally monitoring this thread and if we are posting as "learned and seasoned disciples" then let's discuss this amicably which is in the mix of a learned and disciplined disciple.

God bless you all and your entire families.
I appreciate your comment Bob. I am not offering a defense of my comment and of course we all have opinions. I was only replying to the comment that Lucifer was involved in Creation. Maybe I misunderstood what was said which is why I aske twice.

It seems to me that saying saying that Lucifer had a part to play in Creation is not using Bible interpretation at all.
Again, maybe I am wrong, but how is that an interpretation?

I think that you would agree that it is purely a personal opinion and that is what I was referring to as "suspect."

Now if I am in error and Lucifer is proven to be seen in Scripture as playing a part in creation, I will be the 1st to apologize to anyone offended!

Last edited:
I appreciate your comment Bob. I am not offering a defense of my comment and of course we all have opinions. I was only saying that anyone who says that Lucifer had a part to play in Creation is not using Bible interpretation at all. That is purely a personal opinion and that is what I was referring to as "suspect." Now if I am in error and Lucifer is proven to be seen in Scripture as playing a part in creation, I will be the 1st to apologize!

Hello Major;

I appreciate your authoring this thread but I'm redirecting my previous post to everyone participating.

Let's encourage each other to pray before logging on and posting replies, keep our manner calm, whether our opinions, comments, disagreements and even debate in our fellowship.

God bless you, all, and thank you.

this is very true even though i will disagree with the apostolic /oneness teach. but this holds true in any teaching including end time. there are those who teach the Church will be taken out before the great tribulation. supposedly a man named darby started that... . those who say He will return at the end.. just be ready . then the groups of osas vs osnas . my point is interpretation who is right who is wrong? depends on who you ask.................. my 2 cents

I appreciate your comment Bob. I am not offering a defense of my comment and of course we all have opinions. I was only replying to the comment that Lucifer was involved in Creation. Maybe I misunderstood what was said which is why I aske twice.

It seems to me that saying saying that Lucifer had a part to play in Creation is not using Bible interpretation at all.
Again, maybe I am wrong, but how is that an interpretation?

I think that you would agree that it is purely a personal opinion and that is what I was referring to as "suspect."

Now if I am in error and Lucifer is proven to be seen in Scripture as playing a part in creation, I will be the 1st to apologize to anyone offended!
Lucifer as an active agent.
It seems plain that the spirit realm is an active place. Our problem is that we limit active to our experiences. As said, Lucifer could not have rebelled if he was a wall flower. Worship is a form of activity. If our experience is here is active, such as preaching the gospel let us not limit our thinking by preconceived ideas. As far as the serpent seed is concerned why would a person be offended with? It has much more scriptural support than eating and apple. First off the term eating in scripture is often used in reference the acceptance of something. To eat the book do you think that means to chew it and swallow it? Could it not be a reference to accepting it. As our Christian experience is, initially (in the mouth) Christianity a joyous experience but the the required character building experiences of life that must come for growth are hard (bitter in the stomach).
Another thing, Jesus entering this realm was by way of a spoken word (as the first Adam) - no sex. After the fall every person came by sex - so that should say something. And since when does eating a fruit make a person realize they are naked? Also God told the serpent that from that time on he would crawl on his belly meaning at one time he did not. There is much more can be said but can we accept it our are we bound by tradition? Tradition is one of biggest hindrances a Christian has. By it Christians were burnt at the stake etc. Christianity is a growing experience not only personally but as time goes on (dispensations). If a person denies that then what is holding back the 'change of these bodies'? We must grow and growth means change if we stay stagnant we rot.

Lucifer as an active agent.
It seems plain that the spirit realm is an active place. Our problem is that we limit active to our experiences. As said, Lucifer could not have rebelled if he was a wall flower. Worship is a form of activity. If our experience is here is active, such as preaching the gospel let us not limit our thinking by preconceived ideas. As far as the serpent seed is concerned why would a person be offended with? It has much more scriptural support than eating and apple. First off the term eating in scripture is often used in reference the acceptance of something. To eat the book do you think that means to chew it and swallow it? Could it not be a reference to accepting it. As our Christian experience is, initially (in the mouth) Christianity a joyous experience but the the required character building experiences of life that must come for growth are hard (bitter in the stomach).
Another thing, Jesus entering this realm was by way of a spoken word (as the first Adam) - no sex. After the fall every person came by sex - so that should say something. And since when does eating a fruit make a person realize they are naked? Also God told the serpent that from that time on he would crawl on his belly meaning at one time he did not. There is much more can be said but can we accept it our are we bound by tradition? Tradition is one of biggest hindrances a Christian has. By it Christians were burnt at the stake etc. Christianity is a growing experience not only personally but as time goes on (dispensations). If a person denies that then what is holding back the 'change of these bodies'? We must grow and growth means change if we stay stagnant we rot.
My dear friend.....I have to say that this subject is drqing way too much drama over a very obviouse concern.

You said............
" As far as the serpent seed is concerned why would a person be offended with?"

The Lord’s warning in Matthew 7:15..........
“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves” .

Personally, I can not make anyone believe what I believe and would never try to do so. My whole life has been telling the story of what God said and then allow people to believe or reject it.

Now, allow me to state the basis of this "Serpent Seed" teaching and why it is something to be concerned with. I do this because YOU asked.........not because I wnat to talk anymore about it.

What this teaching advocates is that Eve, when she was tempted by the Serpent(Satan), they had sexual intercourse, and then she had intercourse with Adam, and Cain and Abel were born as twins, with Cain being the son of Eve and Satan, and Abel the son of Adam and Eve.
Of course, anyone who has read the Bible at all knows that none of that is in the Bible or is there any suggestion of such a thing.

So in closing, this teaching is so horrendous that it boggles my mind how it gained any traction. There is no biblical support whatsoever to advocate it.

Dear brothers and sisters;

I was thinking about this thread last night. Through the years one important doctrine I came to reconcile is the Doctrine of God's Calling.

Before I understood this I made my "own deal" with God. (my folly wording and thinking)

When I gave in to my temptation to sin instead of relying on God I ran from Him. I always believed God stayed away from me until I came back to Him on my own and repented because He does not condone sin.

When Adam and Eve sinned they ran from God. But God went after them.

Genesis 3:8-9, 8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” - ESV

Romans 8 is a good teaching on this doctrine of God's calling. For those who follow Christ and choose obedience over sin, God calls us back to Him. He does not leave His people scattered.

God bless everyone and your families.

I can't definitely say which doctrine is thee most important, but I do know which false doctrine carries the severest warning in the New Testament, ...and that is a false presentation of the true Gospel, a.k.a. 'another Gospel'...

Galatians 1:7-9 ESV
not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. [8] But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. [9] As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

If anything, we ought to have the correct Gospel both for ourselves and for those we share the Gospel with.

I can't definitely say which doctrine is thee most important, but I do know which false doctrine carries the severest warning in the New Testament, ...and that is a false presentation of the true Gospel, a.k.a. 'another Gospel'...

Galatians 1:7-9 ESV
not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. [8] But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. [9] As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

If anything, we ought to have the correct Gospel both for ourselves and for those we share the Gospel with.
Amen!

This is THE reason that I am so adimate about Bible Doctrine! It is THE reason I did so many articles and papers on CULTS!

In short, there is no other gospel! There is no other version of the truth that salvation comes through faith alone in Christ alone by God's grace alone. That's the only way sinners can be forgiven and become right with God. To change that message in any way is to "distort the gospel of Christ." There no room here for the idea that some may believe one thing about salvation, while others believe differently, and yet all find their way to God.

Where did this other, distorted gospel come from? The Galatians had believed the truth when Paul and Barnabas were with them in Acts 13:43; 13:48-49. Paul points to "some who trouble you." These were called the Judaizers. They opposed Paul's teaching that Gentiles—those who were not Jewish—could be saved by grace, and so the Judaizers undermined his teaching. These men told new Gentile Christians that they were required to follow the law of Moses in order to be truly saved.

Astoundingly to Paul, some of these Galatian Christians believed them! Paul now curses anyone who would teach a version of the gospel of Jesus other than the one they heard from him.

It is just as astounding to me that some believers have fallen for the LIBERALISM of today. When some are faced with the absolute truth of the Word of God, they tend to blame the messenger for telling the truth!

Paul writes that this includes himself or even an angel from heaven. If "the gospel" is modified, adjusted, or changed by anyone for any reason, it is no longer the gospel. It is not the truth and is the lie of Satan!

************************IMPORTANT BIBLE DOCTRINE - THE DIETY OF CHRIST**************************************

DOCTRINE OF INCARNATION!

John 1:1-3.........
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

John 5:18...........
"Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God."

Since Jesus’ conception by the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mary, the real identity of Jesus Christ has always been questioned by skeptics. It began with Mary’s fiancé, Joseph, who was afraid to marry her when she revealed that she was pregnant . He took her as his wife only after the angel confirmed to him that the child she carried was the Son of God.

The Bible is clear about the divine nature of the Lord Jesus Christ and says that, although Jesus was "in very nature God, He did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness."

Colossians
says..........“In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Jesus is fully God and fully man, and the fact of His incarnation is of utmost importance. He lived a human life but did not possess a sin nature as we do. He was tempted but never sinned.

Sin entered the world through Adam, and Adam’s sinful nature has been transferred to every baby born into the world (Romans 5:12)—except for Jesus. Because Jesus did not have a human father, He did not inherit a sin nature. He possessed the divine nature from His Heavenly Father.

Back