Tattoo First Timer Yet?

I don't think I could explain it better than I did. You might like the look if the tattoo you are having now, but I'm the end, in 20 years it won't look the same and thus you will regret

I don't think I could explain it better than I did. You might like the look if the tattoo you are having now, but I'm the end, in 20 years it won't look the same and thus you will regret

I like that my tattoos will age with me. :) I like the concept that they are almost illustrated timelines of yourself.

MaryseBlossom:

You make some very interesting comments indeed; thank-you. Evidently you thought a great deal about what you were going to do and you obviously, with no regrets, enjoy very much the fact that you have become a tattooed woman.

Yes, the butterfly design is nice; and it's the colour that makes it special; it's placement near the collar bone also means I guess that it can be covered, or not, as you like.

Regarding the spiritual aspect of pain and suffering, from my standpoint when I think of the Lord Jesus's sufferings at the Cross for sin (Isaiah 53; 1 Peter 1:11; Hebrews 10, John 19:30, etc.), these seem be unique sufferings. Someone wrote a verse: "None of the ransomed ever knew How deep were the waters crossed, Nor how dark was the night that the Lord passed through, Ere He found His sheep that were lost."

Last edited:
MaryseBlossom:

You make some very interesting comments indeed; thank-you. Evidently you thought a great deal about what you were going to do and you obviously, with no regrets, enjoy very much the fact that you have become a tattooed woman.

Yes, the butterfly design is nice; and it's the colour that makes it special; it's placement near the collar bone also means I guess that it can be covered, or not, as you like.

Regarding the spiritual aspect of pain and suffering, from my standpoint when I think of the Lord Jesus's sufferings at the Cross for sin (Isaiah 53; 1 Peter 1:11; Hebrews 10, John 19.30, etc.), these seem be unique sufferings. Someone wrote a verse: "None of the ransomed ever knew How deep were the waters crossed, Nor how dark was the night that the Lord passed through, Ere He found His sheep that were lost."

yes i did think about it a lot for the cherry blossom. the buttefly was a week of reflection before getting it. if you notice, there is three stars surrounding it. it means the trinity. the number 3 always have been quite important for me.

and like i said, i don't compare my pain to Jesus pain's but i can clearly relate with the fact that he did it for a cause he knew was good. which is somewhat why i get tattooed. for a cause that will express who I am.

yes i did think about it a lot for the cherry blossom. the buttefly was a week of reflection before getting it. if you notice, there is three stars surrounding it. it means the trinity. the number 3 always have been quite important for me.

and like i said, i don't compare my pain to Jesus pain's but i can clearly relate with the fact that he did it for a cause he knew was good. which is somewhat why i get tattooed. for a cause that will express who I am.

You're right that the Lord Jesus' pain at the Cross was incomparable, and it also signalled a finished work ('It is finished' John 19:30). Re. your interest in the wonderful truth of the Trinity (yes, it really is wonderful, I feel) you would love reading John's Gospel chapters 13 thru 17, and John's First Epistle (there are only 5 chapters), in which Father, Son and Holy Spirit recur again and again, actively, harmoniously working together in the Divine plan of redemption.

Yes, I can see that in planning and receiving your tattoos the ink injecting needle process helped you express important things about yourself, and demonstrated that you were pleased to be a tattooed woman.

I guess in a sense those experiences are all in the past now, although the evidence of them is permanent.

I am 100% agreeing with the Dr Beth. I totally embrace the whole process.

MaryseBlossom:

It's interesting, too, that you agree 100% with Dr. Beth, who is an MD. The process that you totally embrace: would this be something you want now to remain in the past, so you can simply look back on? or even again experience more of?

since my tattoo is not finished, and i want to finish it, i will surely experience it again.

Well, yes. I understand.

If I've understood you correctly, sounds like for you it will be not only an experience to be endured. But more than this, an experience - along the lines of Dr Beth's advice - to be enjoyed.

(Irrespective of any plans beyond finishing the blossom.)

Well, yes. I understand.

If I've understood you correctly, sounds like for you it will be not only an experience to be endured. But more than this, an experience - along the lines of Dr Beth's advice - to be enjoyed.

(Irrespective of any plans beyond finishing the blossom.)

it sure will.

it sure will.

Well, I think I understand your viewpoint now, anyway. Where Dr Beth says things like

...if you've decided to appreciate the pain...

I guess it's not just for the ink that the needle is wanted, it's for the very pain itself (but then you wouldn't just stick needles in your skin for its own sake, of course). I guess I'm still trying to figure the idea fully, anyway, but I don't doubt it for your case.

Anyhow, I think you mentioned that the tattoo artist did dab some numbing agent. But it can be assumed that the absence of a numbing agent wouldn't remotely deter you. (Sorry I'm rambling a bit, so I should say to myself: tais-toi...!)

Last edited:
...Neither one of us do right now. But both considering it.

christianvolume: So do you think it's you that is really more keen to go under the needle than your dw is? or maybe she's really keen to visit a tattoo artist, as well?

(Can make a difference, sometimes, anyway.)

Well, I think I understand your viewpoint now, anyway. Where Dr Beth says things like

...if you've decided to appreciate the pain...

I guess it's not just for the ink that the needle is wanted, it's for the very pain itself (but then you wouldn't just stick needles in your skin for its own sake, of course). I guess I'm still trying to figure the idea fully, anyway, but I don't doubt it for your case.

Anyhow, I think you mentioned that the tattoo artist did dab some numbing agent. But it can be assumed that the absence of a numbing agent wouldn't remotely deter you. (Sorry I'm rambling a bit, so I should say to myself: tais-toi...!)

indeed i wouldnt take a needle and poke myself just for the sake of it. i am an artist and i like that the pain can results in a beautiful picture.

indeed i wouldnt take a needle and poke myself just for the sake of it. i am an artist and i like that the pain can results in a beautiful picture.

(...like the results that you yourself carry, of course.)

As an artist, and as a tattooed woman, do you think you would ever consider learning to become a tattoo artist yourself, one day?

no because my art is not in the drawing. I love to sing and take pictures.

Okay. You and Céline Dion should stick together, right? :) I think Céline is from the Montreal area, if I'm not mistaken; I think her singing of 'O Holy Night' is one of the best songs I have ever heard. (I've no idea if she has a tattoo...)

PS: Re. the pain thing, I guess it's loosely comparable to piercings, eg. getting extra holes in ears, I suppose: worth the pain for the extra studs or rings, but maybe not as intense as with tattoos.

Okay. You and Céline Dion should stick together, right? :) I think Céline is from the Montreal area, if I'm not mistaken; I think her singing of 'O Holy Night' is one of the best songs I have ever heard. (I've no idea if she has a tattoo...)

PS: Re. the pain thing, I guess it's loosely comparable to piercings, eg. getting extra holes in ears, I suppose: worth the pain for the extra studs or rings, but maybe not as intense as with tattoos.

Lol Celine have a house in montreal but she lives in the USA fore a long time.

I don't particularly like her music. Some yes, others not.

...my tattoo is not finished, and i want to finish it..

I guess it must be bigger than the nice butterfly; are you still sure you want the blossom to be the size you originally planned?

Practical point: brides often have backless gowns; you must have been figuring already what to do with your ink on your wedding day. (There are often arguments among brides and their bridesmaids: either all cover all of their tattoos, or all of them show all their tattoos; it's a hotly debated point, sometimes; but I guess you've thought of it already.)

I guess it must be bigger than the nice butterfly; are you still sure you want the blossom to be the size you originally planned?

Practical point: brides often have backless gowns; you must have been figuring already what to do with your ink on your wedding day. (There are often arguments among brides and their bridesmaids: either all cover all of their tattoos, or all of them show all their tattoos; it's a hotly debated point, sometimes; but I guess you've thought of it already.)

It start from the bottom if my back all the way to my shoulder blade. On the same size as the butterfly.

Obviously I want my tattoo finish before my marriage so I can have a back open dress. As for the bridesmaid I want them covered.

It start from the bottom if my back all the way to my shoulder blade. On the same size as the butterfly.

Obviously I want my tattoo finish before my marriage so I can have a back open dress. As for the bridesmaid I want them covered.

Well, this is nice, that you want a pretty gown that will show the whole of the blossom tattoo all the way.

Sounds like you already have a good idea about your gown for when you tie the knot with your fiancé on your big day.

(Sometimes bridesmaids are invited and they accept and then only afterwards does the bride think about and decide what she wants them to do with their tattoos. It's a good idea right at the start, I guess, to ask nicely and make clear it's conditional on them covering their tattoos, whether or not the bride is going to show hers. It's an often argued point, anyway, although not always sorted out beforehand.)

Back