Tattoo First Timer Yet?

Tattoo artist always put some on you. I won't say no lol.

MaryseBlossom: Well, I guess for tattoo parlors it's a good way to make sure the customers keep coming back...

(Although some people are sooo keen to be tattooed that they might keep going back anyway...Once you are inked, you want more, right?)

... Any method that can spark a positive spiritual conversation is a good one in my book.

Michael Kaufman: So what do you think of the idea of more Christian men and women becoming tattoo artists?

(Presumably they would have a good knowledge of Christian designs and their potentials.)

Blessings.

Michael Kaufman: So what do you think of the idea of more Christian men and women becoming tattoo artists?

(Presumably they would have a good knowledge of Christian designs and their potentials.)

Blessings.

Well, I would certainly rather Christians be tattooing people with Godly images than alot of what I see out there, so I guess it's a good thing.

Well, I would certainly rather Christians be tattooing people with Godly images than alot of what I see out there, so I guess it's a good thing.

Michael Kaufman: Ty; I guess also a simple yes/no litmus test that could be asked of Christians, is: Would you be more likely to go to a tattoo parlor with a Christian proprietor?

Blessings.

That's definitely a yes. If I was going to get a tattoo, if we're comparing apples to apples in terms of capability and artistry, the Christian certainly gets my business before the non-Christian tattoo artist.

That's definitely a yes. If I was going to get a tattoo, if we're comparing apples to apples in terms of capability and artistry, the Christian certainly gets my business before the non-Christian tattoo artist.

Michael Kaufman: It's kind of an argument also in favor of some artistic Christians acquiring the skill with the inking needle, right?

Yes! An ichthus would be my very first choice if I ever decided to get one. ...

PS:

Sparrow: Sounds like, from what you were also saying earlier, your ichthus choice might be subject to a veto at home... (Is dh a Christian? or maybe it's not the design that he would object to.)

PS:

Sparrow: Sounds like, from what you were also saying earlier, your ichthus choice might be subject to a veto at home... (Is dh a Christian? or maybe it's not the design that he would object to.)
Oh, yes! He's most definitely a Christian!:) He just isn't crazy about tattoos. :p

I don't mind pain that much. I pray and meditate through it. :p

Oh, yes! He's most definitely a Christian!:) He just isn't crazy about tattoos. :p

Sparrow: Great he's a Christian, too! I guess it's not the ichthus aspect that he objects to, then...

How do you think you would cope with the pain aspect, btw? some people tolerate it far more than others and in any case there are various schools of thought and options. I saw an article 'Controling the Pain' by Dr Beth S, who is an MD, who has written about the various pain control measures available, and underlining the need to pay attention to one's body's signals during the procedure; she also discusses another option: embracing the pain:

Embracing the pain .. For many tattoo enthusiasts, the pain is an important part of the process. Controlling the pain is less important than feeling it… accepting it… and embracing the endorphin rush that pain brings.
.. Some people see it as a fair price to pay to wear permanent, beautiful, meaningful art. And some even enjoy it as an important part of the tattooing ritual.
Even if you've decided to appreciate the pain, pay attention to your body's signals
. (source: tattoos dot lovetoknow dot com/Controlling_the_Pain )

I wondered, Sparrow, what you would make of the advice and comments by Dr. Beth S.?

MaryseBlossom: So what is your impressions of Dr. Beth S's advice & comments?

(I'm not sure what to think.)

I am 100% agreeing with the Dr Beth. I totally embrace the whole process. like shaman do all over the world.

It is a way to be humble too. when I think of Jesus suffering for us on the cross. I can only imagine his pain. I can only have a glimpse of what he had to endure. But I feel humble going through the whole process in a spiritual way.

also here is a picture of my tattoo ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20130812_015500.jpg
    IMG_20130812_015500.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 4
I never understood the point of embracing the pain. I can understand the whole point of experiencing the tattoo process, but why not getting the tattoo for the sake of just having a new tattoo?

Because I think when you just want a tattoo for the sake of having one, you might regret it one day.

I have my big tattoo on my back just started, it's been 2 years and a half and I can't continue it. It's not pretty at all but I don't regret because I embraced the pain as a spiritual journey.

Because I think when you just want a tattoo for the sake of having one, you might regret it one day.

I have my big tattoo on my back just started, it's been 2 years and a half and I can't continue it. It's not pretty at all but I don't regret because I embraced the pain as a spiritual journey.

I totally get it, but why does pain have to be the factor in not regretting it? I kind of like the idea of getting a tattoo for no other reason than the aesthetic appeal (this isn't to say that I think that should be the only reason--so far, my tattoos have at least some meaning).

Back