Tattoo First Timer Yet?

Tattoos, outside of content itself, is opinion-based. Some people like 'em, so don't.

I'm not sure--I believe so.

LysanderShapiro:

Well, I guess she wouldn't have done it, anyway, for the sake of the compliments.

I'm sure she would have done it because at 50 she decided she herself wanted the inking needle's nice transferals, and maybe because of the associations around the Hebrew letters, also.

LysanderShapiro:

Well, I guess she wouldn't have done it, anyway, for the sake of the compliments.

I'm sure she would have done it because at 50 she decided she herself wanted the inking needle's nice transferals, and maybe because of the associations around the Hebrew letters, also.

Oh, well her first tattoo was the dove with the olive branch. I think she said it was because at 50, if for some reason she ends up regretting it, she won't have to regret it for too, too long :p Luckily for her, she doesn't.

Oh, well her first tattoo was the dove with the olive branch. I think she said it was because at 50, if for some reason she ends up regretting it, she won't have to regret it for too, too long :p Luckily for her, she doesn't.

Lysander: Oh okay the ankle one first, right. It's a particularly suitable first tattoo placement for a woman of a certain maturity, I guess, anyway. Kind of nice to learn she did it confidently and made herself a tattooed woman with no regrets, anyhow.

(The dove wtith an olive branch also makes a good talking point about the promise of blessing despite judgment, as in the account of Noah's ark, with the dove that brought the olive leaves.)

EliSa, and two of the boys, Joshua is the one who didn't.

Stan: Yes, well, these days the young women often definitely want to be tattooed as well as young men; I doubt that it surprised you that she wanted it, too.

Blessings.

PS: Stan:

This thread seems to have grown quite a bit in the past weeks. I guess, as with your family, there's always a first time to go under the needle, but once they've done it, it's all treated in a matter of fact way.

Blessings.

i have 2 tattoos. one is a butterfly on my neck and the other is a big piece yet to be finished. its a cherry blossom tree. I would have to say that this one was more painful since it is on my back and it is running on some of my bones.. oh my.. lol

i have 2 tattoos. one is a butterfly on my neck and the other is a big piece yet to be finished. its a cherry blossom tree. I would have to say that this one was more painful since it is on my back and it is running on some of my bones.. oh my.. lol

MaryseBlossom: Well, they sound like they are lovely, anyway; and I guess that you are looking forward to getting the bigger one finished, as well. I guess as well that your screen name links in with your really nice tattoo. Probably not everyone gets to see the bigger one, though (unless it's at ballgown-type of event, etc.). I think people with tattoos often find it easy to get into friendly conversation when they see other people with tattoos. This is one reason some Christians like to get a simple faith related tattoo such as a Christian fish sign <>< for example, on a wrist, ankle or wherever, so that when other people, especially ppl with tattoos, ask them about it, there is opportunity for testimony.

Blessings.

yes. my butterfly tattoo have started a lot of conversations. even a stranger came to me once and said i was making him think of his grandmother because she loved so much butterflies. after she died, this young man would see butterflies each time he would go back home.

yes. my butterfly tattoo have started a lot of conversations. even a stranger came to me once and said i was making him think of his grandmother because she loved so much butterflies. after she died, this young man would see butterflies each time he would go back home.

Ms Maryse: Yes, a butterfly makes for a lovely design: kind of fragile but very beautiful. You said neck placement; and that ppl admire it; but I guess people with neck tattoos don't always realize if someone is admiring it, especially if it's on the back of the neck, as opposed to below the ear. Back of the neck is also easier to hide and of course some women have hair long enough to hide their neck tattoo if they want to. Used to be that tattoo placements were more traditionally arm or chest, usually on men, but now many other placements are very popular too (and of course in North America now 59% of parlor clients are now women, with 70% in some areas, apparently).

Blessings.

Last edited:
true that. she did use one. didnt change much lol

Ms Maryse: The numbing cream is more to get rid of the pain of the needle as it penetrates the skin and flesh in order to inject the ink that the person wants. But separately there is the downward pressure of the tattoo machine, through the needle, onto the boney areas, spine, etc., and this isn't really affected by the actually numbing process. So it's two separate things, really. But overall people usually think that once it's all over it's worth any pain.

No she was not that's why I stopped before she finish lol. Eventually I will get there.

The placement is on my left side of my neck. At the junction of my neck and shoulder.

No she was not that's why I stopped before she finish lol. Eventually I will get there.

The placement is on my left side of my neck. At the junction of my neck and shoulder.

MaryseBlossom: Oh okay so you're currently looking for a good tattoo parlor, where there is someone you can really trust to do it.

But I guess you are well satisfied with the butterfly one, anyway.

(For the blossom, having the original, stencil pattern helps if you want someone else to resume it.)

LysanderShapiro: I guess, never mind about the 'First Timer' thing; you and your wife, and your mom and sister seem like you guys are already becoming veterans, really.

Back